Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Dewalt Cross Line *Green* Laser DW088CG $139.00

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2018 11:57 am
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 24, 2006
24 posts
15 upvotes
North Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] Dewalt Cross Line *Green* Laser DW088CG $139.00

Good *green* laser (visible in daylight outdoors unlike red lasers, but consumes more power than red), good price. Retail is ~ $250.
Last edited by wishfulthinking on Nov 23rd, 2018 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 22, 2007
599 posts
15 upvotes
Bought from the depot when it was 199$ last week, that that was a good deal.

This crushes it.

Thanks op.
Toronto
Member
User avatar
Nov 28, 2011
396 posts
479 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Green is way more visible.
Must resist..!!!
Jr. Member
Aug 28, 2013
147 posts
91 upvotes
Montr
Great deal. But I'm happy with my red one.

Always use it inside for pot lights and what not.
Great for my electrician needs
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2056 posts
209 upvotes
Do these come in self leveling?

What do you attach these to?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
5665 posts
2996 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
reggyDeal wrote: Do these come in self leveling?

What do you attach these to?
It is self levelling. There are lots of options for mounting. You can drive a screw in and it will hook on, there is a strong magnet on the back, there is a clip that comes with it and then there's just placing it on the floor. I use mine almost exclusively for laying out lights so 99% of the time I place it on the ground.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2056 posts
209 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: It is self levelling. There are lots of options for mounting. You can drive a screw in and it will hook on, there is a strong magnet on the back, there is a clip that comes with it and then there's just placing it on the floor. I use mine almost exclusively for laying out lights so 99% of the time I place it on the ground.
Just watched some YouTube reviews, says it levels within 4 degrees, is that a industry standard? If the lazer is placed with more than 4 degrees, the laser will flicker and not self level. This dewalt easy to level in comparison to other lasers?

Can anyone recommend a laser for measuring distance in rooms?

Wonder if I should wait for cyber monday, or just buy now?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
5665 posts
2996 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
reggyDeal wrote: Just watched some YouTube reviews, says it levels within 4 degrees, is that a industry standard? If the lazer is placed with more than 4 degrees, the laser will flicker and not self level. This dewalt easy to level in comparison to other lasers?

Can anyone recommend a laser for measuring distance in rooms?

Wonder if I should wait for cyber monday, or just buy now?
I don't know much about industry standards on these but it has been extremely rare for me that it will not level. I can't recall the last time and I use it pretty often. It is easy to level and I definitely wouldn't rule it out based on that.

As for waiting I would say that is a bad idea. This is a great laser and a great price for it. If I did not already own one I would jump all over this price.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2056 posts
209 upvotes
ChicoQuente wrote: I don't know much about industry standards on these but it has been extremely rare for me that it will not level. I can't recall the last time and I use it pretty often. It is easy to level and I definitely wouldn't rule it out based on that.

As for waiting I would say that is a bad idea. This is a great laser and a great price for it. If I did not already own one I would jump all over this price.
Thanks for fine advice, and having me spend more money, :). Will buy it. Does not hurt though I'll be combining it with AM shoptheblock promo. Also getting $7 off $100 for loading amazon GC. Thanks RFD.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
2056 posts
209 upvotes
Now I'm reading all about lasers. The one in this thread is 1/8" accuracy per 30' that good enough for home use?

There also have more accurate dewalt lasers with 12v max batteries with are 1/8" accurate per 100', but it's also twice the cost, don't know if that is necessary.

Right now thinking of, shelves in garage, shelves in laundry room, garage vacuum plywood backing install, etc..
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 21, 2003
5665 posts
2996 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
reggyDeal wrote: Now I'm reading all about lasers. The one in this thread is 1/8" accuracy per 30' that good enough for home use?

There also have more accurate dewalt lasers with 12v max batteries with are 1/8" accurate per 100', but it's also twice the cost, don't know if that is necessary.

Right now thinking of, shelves in garage, shelves in laundry room, garage vacuum plywood backing install, etc..
It should definitely be sufficient for your needs.
Member
User avatar
Nov 30, 2008
252 posts
245 upvotes
Oro-Medonte
StephenH862 wrote: nvm it's dead already
The red one is still available at Lowe's for $99 and can be price matched at Home Depot for around $90.
[OP]
Newbie
Dec 24, 2006
24 posts
15 upvotes
North Vancouver
Green one is down again, though not as good as originally posted, to CDN$ 149.25 (Mon Nov26 AM)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 26, 2005
16989 posts
1814 upvotes
Thornhill
Green is definitely ideal, but I was still able to use a red Dewalt outdoors to build a deck - just gotta make shade in the right places.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)