Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

DeWalt DCB104, 4 port rapid charger! 215$!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2023 2:22 pm
[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
6 posts
11 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] DeWalt DCB104, 4 port rapid charger! 215$!!

Good deal on these 4 port chargers. They will charge ALL types of DeWalt batteries. Don't go on sale all that often.
I have 2 and bought 2 more, incredibly handy if you have multiple batteries.
Last edited by Thegovernment69 on Dec 30th, 2022 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
7 replies
Sep 13, 2010
22 posts
8 upvotes
Price wise it's a good deal for a charger that will save your bacon on a jobsite if people weren't charging their batteries when they had a chance to throw them on a regular speed charger.

Just be aware that rapid chargers pump a higher current into the battery. This one states it provides 8 amps so that will generate extra heat and heat is what shortens these batteries lives. FYI, if EVERY battery you charge on this rapid charger is rated at 8AH or higher, then no worries but sticking a 2AH, 3AH, 4AH or even a 5AH would not be recommended for constant charging. If you use a rapid (high current) charger once in a while, your batteries shouldn't have any issues but if they live by the sword, they will die by the sword. This applies to Li-Ion, LiFePO4 and NiMH batteries and I'm going on 19 years of first hand experience plus an electronics and electrical background.

YM Will Not V as the laws of physics apply to all on this rock. Winking Face
[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
6 posts
11 upvotes
New batters don't suffer from rapid discharge like the older ones.
I'm going as a company owner with over 100 batteries (probably closer to 130 with all the new power stacks we just got) and only have had 6 fail in 8 years, used all day, every day 24/7..... We use rapids exclusively.... I had 2 and now 4 and some of the other guys have multiples.

So, it's very likely each batter gets charged 1 or 2 times every day or 2 for YEARS.... I will take my chances lol.
Sep 13, 2010
22 posts
8 upvotes
Thegovernment69 wrote: New batters don't suffer from rapid discharge like the older ones.
I'm going as a company owner with over 100 batteries (probably closer to 130 with all the new power stacks we just got) and only have had 6 fail in 8 years, used all day, every day 24/7..... We use rapids exclusively.... I had 2 and now 4 and some of the other guys have multiples.

So, it's very likely each batter gets charged 1 or 2 times every day or 2 for YEARS.... I will take my chances lol.

This has nothing to do with "rapid discharge" and everything to do with chemical break down of the Li-Ion batteries due to heat from high current charging but go ahead and do what you 'feel' works for you. I am simply going on proven science, 'facts', during my 19+ years electronics, electrical training and design experience. As long as the batteries make it past their warranty period, somebody's selling batteries.
[OP]
Nov 27, 2020
6 posts
11 upvotes
Dude, you clearly have zero experience actually using tools lol. This is literally a necessity at a work site. If you have the experience you say, you should know that.

I will take my experience actually using the product every day vs your zero experience and just quoting battery issues in general... Have a good one bub.
Sep 13, 2010
22 posts
8 upvotes
Thegovernment69 wrote: Dude, you clearly have zero experience actually using tools lol. This is literally a necessity at a work site. If you have the experience you say, you should know that.

I will take my experience actually using the product every day vs your zero experience and just quoting battery issues in general... Have a good one bub.

I have being using cordless tools since they were using NiCds going all the way back to the mid 80's. I have worked on jobs in Canada, the US and Japan in every imaginable weather and altitude you can imagine. Yes, I have use NiCd, NiMH, Li-ION and LiFePO4 batteries and charged them using everything from slow as molasses on a -40c day chargers to Shinkansen high speed chargers. Heat from rapid charging KILLS batteries.

Because of my electronics training, I was usually placed in charge (haha) of keeping power tools and cordless tools and batteries in ready status inventory which required me to do procurement as tools and batteries wore out. I knew exactly which batteries would die early because they were being subjected to constant rapid charging. You simply have a contempt for the laws of physics. It is you that is hurt by the fact that someone else might actually have more experience with these cordless tool batteries (batters, dude, really?) Go mix a batch.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)