Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT DCD771C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Compact Drill/Driver Kit PM at HD for $89.99 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2018 12:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1227 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT DCD771C2 20V Max Lithium-Ion Compact Drill/Driver Kit PM at HD for $89.99 YMMV

I was looking for a replacement drill when I saw this. 4.5 out of 5 stars. It's $129.99 in HD and Lowe's and $139.99 in Canadian Tire.

I ended up price matching it at HD and even got the 10% off. $89.99 + tax.
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)
7 replies
Apr 3, 2010
463 posts
485 upvotes
HD's site says they will price-match, but won't give 10% extra when the pm is with an online only retailer (like Amazon). So how did you manage that?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
5074 posts
3081 upvotes
Hotdiggety wrote: HD's site says they will price-match, but won't give 10% extra when the pm is with an online only retailer (like Amazon). So how did you manage that?
Some of them won't follow their own rules and won't pricematch Amazon at all, so it's believable that some would get it wrong in the way of the customer as well.
Dec 3, 2010
529 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
Got refused twice even to price match without beat at kanata HD. Associate said no right away when he heard Amazon.
Dec 15, 2017
617 posts
962 upvotes
Vancouver
muffin_man wrote: Got refused twice even to price match without beat at kanata HD. Associate said no right away when he heard Amazon.
And you didn't ask about their price guarantee?

"Price Match for Online-Only Stores:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a Canadian online-only retailer’s website, we will price match only. Items from online-only retailers are not eligible for the 10% discount. Prices will be matched to localized online prices if available."

EDIT:
But then it's free shipping on Amazon and since you don't get the extra 10% off at HD then you are better off buying and waiting for it to ship IMO...
Dec 3, 2010
529 posts
408 upvotes
Toronto
QuickFingers wrote: And you didn't ask about their price guarantee?

"Price Match for Online-Only Stores:
If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from a Canadian online-only retailer’s website, we will price match only. Items from online-only retailers are not eligible for the 10% discount. Prices will be matched to localized online prices if available."

EDIT:
But then it's free shipping on Amazon and since you don't get the extra 10% off at HD then you are better off buying and waiting for it to ship IMO...
Yeah it was out of convenience since I was there already. I ended up buying from Amazon.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1227 posts
425 upvotes
Toronto
Hotdiggety wrote: HD's site says they will price-match, but won't give 10% extra when the pm is with an online only retailer (like Amazon). So how did you manage that?
Some HD locations just price match and give 10% extra with no questions asked. That's why I put YMMV. I'm aware that some HD locations refuse price matching and some just price match without the 10%. You should at least get a price match as per HD policy.
Home Phone: $0 since 2016 - Obi200/FPL with Google Voice (free call Can/US)