[Amazon.ca] Dewalt DCF880B Impact Wrench (Bare Tool Only) - $117.92

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 8:33 pm
[OP]
Jul 18, 2008
128 posts
138 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Dewalt DCF880B Impact Wrench (Bare Tool Only) - $117.92

Have been looking for a cordless impact wrench for a while now. Checked out the eBay 15% off deal, but checked elsewhere before buying. Most stores are selling for $200+tax, but found it for $118 on amazon.ca.

If not a good deal, please let me know and I’ll delete this.
16 replies
Apr 26, 2017
16 posts
2 upvotes
+1. I’m a dewalt snob and been looking for a while. Crappy tire has it for 130 atm and if you have an offer similar to spend 75 get 15 (not lucky this week) it would get you lower than this. Otherwise decent find for non CT peeps. Still holding off for now because I’ve already got several eye rolls this morning from the wifey.

Also don’t forget to get impact sockets to use with. Decent deals around.
Dec 4, 2013
63 posts
194 upvotes
EDMONTON
On sale at Canadian tire for 129.99
You can price match at homedepot for slightly cheaper than Amazon price.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2002
1056 posts
81 upvotes
Waterloo
150 Ft/lb of torque is weak for a 1/2" impact wrench. If you need a battery that will be another $80 or more. For $200 you can get a much more powerful impact wrench.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
5277 posts
2782 upvotes
Toronto
thunderbolt wrote: only 150 ft/lb of torque with this DCF880B, the ryobi 1/2" impact wrench kit is rated at 300ft/lb with 4Ah battery and charger for $158.
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/ryobi- ... 1001170239
Ironballz wrote: 150 Ft/lb of torque is weak for a 1/2" impact wrench. If you need a battery that will be another $80 or more. For $200 you can get a much more powerful impact wrench.
This is a compact impact wrench, it's got its place and uses.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Mar 3, 2017
40 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
Ironballz wrote: 150 Ft/lb of torque is weak for a 1/2" impact wrench. If you need a battery that will be another $80 or more. For $200 you can get a much more powerful impact wrench.
Just curious, what are you putting on / taking off that requires more than 150 ft/lbs of torque?
Aug 25, 2005
816 posts
78 upvotes
chillguy153 wrote: Just curious, what are you putting on / taking off that requires more than 150 ft/lbs of torque?
Unfortunately many dealerships torque the wheel lugs using > 150 ft lbs.
Jul 24, 2014
60 posts
11 upvotes
Westmount, QC
chillguy153 wrote: Just curious, what are you putting on / taking off that requires more than 150 ft/lbs of torque?
when working on your suspension where you have a lot of rusty/seized bolts, you might need serious nut busting power (like the 1k+ ft/lbs Milwaukee and some others).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
5801 posts
235 upvotes
bobfrommtl wrote: when working on your suspension where you have a lot of rusty/seized bolts, you might need serious nut busting power (like the 1k+ ft/lbs Milwaukee and some others).
I use a breaker bar to get it started......being a mechanic not my day job.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2296 posts
929 upvotes
Quebec
What is the biggest car you can do with this gun?

I have a Kia Forte
my GF has a Kia Rio
My mother in law has a Toyota Corrola

But I might do my Mother in law BF who has a Chevrolet Equinox
and me and the GF are looking to change one of our car to a Minivan or a SUV for a growing family

Thanks
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2006
2649 posts
1244 upvotes
Pothole city
ratatapa wrote: What is the biggest car you can do with this gun?

I have a Kia Forte
my GF has a Kia Rio
My mother in law has a Toyota Corrola

But I might do my Mother in law BF who has a Chevrolet Equinox
and me and the GF are looking to change one of our car to a Minivan or a SUV for a growing family

Thanks
Do? Like removing wheels? The only advantage is to remove the bolts/nuts (depending if you 're working on German or Japanese cars).
Since you can't set a specific torque, to should use this only to screw thing. The precision torquing should be done with a torque wrench or a torque extension.

My routine to remove a wheel.

-use 30" breaker bar to loosen nuts
-jack car
-use 1/4" impact with 1/2" adapter to remove all loosen nuts
-change wheel
-use 1/4" impact to screw back all nuts until they are tighten (first couple impact noise)
-lower car until the wheel touch the group
-use torque wrench to specific lbs/ft on each bolts
-lower car and remove jack
Nov 21, 2007
92 posts
57 upvotes
I've been using a Bosch IDH182B for the last 3 years. It has a slightly lower Torque than this dewalt, at 137 ft/lbs but has a true workhorse. True, for larger suspension bolts and nuts, it's not quite strong enough but most of the time, it'll take care of lug nuts. For some reason, a fresh higher aH battery helps..
Apr 4, 2018
60 posts
60 upvotes
This went on sale for $85 couple times on amazon, but that was about 3-4 years ago and no you can’t have my time machine