Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT DCS367P1 20V Max XR Brushless Compact Reciprocating Saw w/ 5.0 Ah Battery $169.99

[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
82 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT DCS367P1 20V Max XR Brushless Compact Reciprocating Saw w/ 5.0 Ah Battery $169.99

Hi guys. I've had this kit sitting on my watch list. It is a compact brushless reciprocating saw by Dewalt. The bare tool alone is usually around $170 on a good day, and is currently selling for $239 at home depot this moment. So the deal right now is like getting the saw on a good sale price, plus an extra free 5.0Ah battery and charger. The battery usually goes for $150 for a 2-pack without charger, in case you need a reference point. Overall I'd say it a great deal for those looking for a good saw. And FYI, this type of saw is more for demolition work, not for fine woodworking. The advantage of this model is that it is compact, so that it fits between the typical 16" spacing between studs. Hope this helps somebody. Cheers.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1249 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone tell me what country this is made in? /s
Sep 8, 2019
101 posts
171 upvotes
Calgary
Yes, this is a good deal for this sawzall. Apart from demo work, it's great for pruning larger branches (say >1") and then doing clean cut with hand saw. Or at least that's what I use mine for a lot each spring.
Plus just chopping bigger pieces into smaller one. + Of course cutting metal/plastic pipes etc.
Feb 14, 2012
914 posts
591 upvotes
Toronto
Skilas wrote: Can anyone tell me what country this is made in? /s

probably parts made in china, assembled in USA.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
82 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Skilas wrote: Can anyone tell me what country this is made in? /s
It says made in USA on the bag.
Check out this page for their Made in US campaign.
https://www.dewalt.com/dewalt-dna/made- ... -materials

From what I've read before, the stuff made in US does have superior build quality. But I haven't had the chance to see it for myself though.
Feb 7, 2007
146 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
Lowest price I've ever seen for this is 199.99 at ihl. This is damn good
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2010
1249 posts
1978 upvotes
Toronto
Josecc wrote:
probably parts made in china, assembled in USA.
rayycy wrote: It says made in USA on the bag.

From what I've read before, the stuff made in US does have superior build quality. But I haven't had the chance to see it for myself though.
Sorry if not obvious. It was a joke. I put a /s sarcasm tag. The made in USA logo is obnoxiously big.
Apr 24, 2012
83 posts
24 upvotes
CALGARY
rayycy wrote: It says made in USA on the bag.

“Made in USA with global materials” is marketing speak for parts made in China, assembled in USA.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3740 posts
3220 upvotes
The NORTH
Sold Out... Had it in my cart and was in the process of checking out when I got a message that it was no longer available from my selected reseller.
[OP]
Dec 1, 2016
82 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
Ya the deal is dead unfortunately. I received mine today. A very pleasant surprise is that it came with the DCB115 charger instead of the the DCB112 listed in the spec. The DCB115 charges at 4 amps while the DCB112 charges at 2 amps. I have both types of chargers, and it does makes a big difference when working with the batteries. The DCB115 allows 'almost' seamless operation on most jobs with just 2 batteries. I can only remember one time that the DCB115 charger couldn't keep up with me, which was when I was grinding concrete and depleting one 5Ah battery every 20 minutes. Anyway, hope more people benefited from this deal. Cheers.
Aug 24, 2011
164 posts
64 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
It's still available on "construction fasteners and tools", same price:$169.99,I just ordered one! Link: https://cf-t.com/catalogsearch/result/i ... 5&q=Dewalt
Also found another good deal:. DEWALT DCS570P1 20V MAX* 7-1/4" XR BRUSHLESS CIRCULAR SAW WITH 5.0 AH BATTERY (KIT) $189.99(Was CAD $379.99)