Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

DEWALT DWS779/DWS780 12" Sliding Compound Dual-Bevel Miter Saws, $399 and $479.20 [+YMMV free stand w/780@HD]

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 15th, 2018 7:43 pm
Oct 15, 2016
204 posts
252 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT DWS779/DWS780 12" Sliding Compound Dual-Bevel Miter Saws, $399 and $479.20 [+YMMV free stand w/780@HD]

Been waiting for a deal on a good miter saw to replace a $199 Mastercraft that I've nicknamed "The Approximator".

The DWS779 and DWS780 (same saw plus a bright LED that casts the blade's shadow onto the wood) are both discounted, moreso the DWS780 which is usually hundreds of dollars more than the DWS779. Lowe's has both saws for the same price as Amazon.

DWS779 @ $399:
https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DWS779-Sli ... B01ESCU5WS [out of stock but you can still order it]
https://www.lowes.ca/mitre-saws/dewalt- ... 75059.html

DWS780 @ $479.20:
https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DWS780-12- ... B00540JS7C
https://www.lowes.ca/mitre-saws/dewalt- ... 89541.html

Both saws have lots of great reviews, here's one based on actual usage and with minimal BS:

If, like me, you aren't sure that a bright LED is worth 80 dollars, here's a guy who homebrewed the same system for cheap:

EDIT: thanks to a tip from @barks1andrew I was able to get the free stand with a DWS780 at Home Depot, plus a 10% price beat, $487.13 out the door! The text of HD's offer says "not valid with other offers" but doesn't say "at regular price." Both the associate and the cashier mentioned that Lowe's doesn't include a stand; I said to them "your offer doesn't say it's limited to regular price" and they agreed!
Last edited by redbag on Mar 9th, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
129 replies
Feb 25, 2007
278 posts
98 upvotes
Looks like Lowes has $30 off $470 or more right now as well. It automatically is getting applied at checkout which brings the DWS780 down to 449.20. Will try to stack ebates as well for an extra 1%.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
It's out of stock online so I dont think I can price match at lowes or hd.

Edit: NM, lowes has the 779 right now for 399 so you can pm at hd.
Oct 10, 2011
232 posts
482 upvotes
Mississauga
The 780 is worth the extra. Very accurate cuts. I used it for all the crown moulding in my house. Try and get the free stand at HD if you can it's also amazing. I was able to get them to pm (not beat) this price and give me the free stand about a year ago.
Oct 15, 2016
204 posts
252 upvotes
Wow, getting that stand for free at this price is a stunning deal.
Oct 15, 2016
204 posts
252 upvotes
barks1andrew wrote: Try and get the free stand at HD if you can it's also amazing. I was able to get them to pm (not beat) this price and give me the free stand about a year ago.
Thank you thank you thank you I KISS YOU

Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Oh shit guys, I love you all. Going to get it right now. Woohoo.

Just read up on how the 780 uses an led light system and not just a crappie laser. Time to see if what people say is true!
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
I have that rolling stand on my 10". So handy. Now I need a reason to upgrade to 12"
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 26, 2008
7360 posts
5511 upvotes
redbag wrote: Thank you thank you thank you I KISS YOU

That's such a great deal.

I gave up waiting for a really good deal after looking for a few months and bought a 10" sliding and a basic stand a few weeks ago. This would have been well worth the extra $200.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
That's the problem with RFD. I'm always thinking I could've got a better deal. I mitigate it with the fam for that I got a deal anyways plus I was able to use what I bought right away when I needed it.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4682 posts
3975 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
redbag wrote: Been waiting for a deal on a good miter saw to replace a $199 Mastercraft that I've nicknamed "The Approximator".
LOL.
Anyone who has ever had to do a precise cut with a Mastercraft mitre saw would agree with you on that.

Just remember that the 12" mitre saws are very heavy, and the sliders even more so. The sliders also have a bigger footprint. If you need to mobility, or have limited space, consider a 10" saw instead. I have a 12" non-slider Dewalt, and for my needs (occasional baseboard or trim work), it's too just large to lug to a job site. I ended up buying a little Kobalt 7 1\4" slider which does a decent job when used with a quality blade.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2012
1296 posts
1047 upvotes
Toronto
MrFrugal1 wrote: LOL.
Anyone who has ever had to do a precise cut with a Mastercraft mitre saw would agree with you on that.

Just remember that the 12" mitre saws are very heavy, and the sliders even more so. The sliders also have a bigger footprint. If you need to mobility, or have limited space, consider a 10" saw instead. I have a 12" non-slider Dewalt, and for my needs (occasional baseboard or trim work), it's too just large to lug to a job site. I ended up buying a little Kobalt 7 1\4" slider which does a decent job when used with a quality blade.
My company bought a crappy mastercraft slider to do a job, was a total nightmare. Even adjusting the saw to cut 90 degrees was a nightmare. I ended up putting a screw through the swivel base into the bottom part to permanently hold it at 90dregrees. I think the saw was $150. As the line goes, you get what you pay for.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2370 posts
1036 upvotes
London
tietherope wrote: That's such a great deal.

I gave up waiting for a really good deal after looking for a few months and bought a 10" sliding and a basic stand a few weeks ago. This would have been well worth the extra $200.
Holy moly return the stand and have the 780 for $255.

I prefer the bevel adjust on the 717 personally otherwise that is an insanely hot deal on the 780!

Edit: meant to quote OP receipt.
Jul 16, 2015
825 posts
891 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Guys, was just at the hd in Waterloo and they wouldn't honour the price match and the promo for the stand. It's one or the other. To be fair, it does say in the pm policy that it can't be combined with any other promo so other poster seems to have gotten away with double the deal. YMMV

Either way, happy with this purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah, the HD that threw in the stand are brain dead.
Dec 31, 2017
10 posts
50 upvotes
Just got a similar deal in Victoria. Had to sweet talk them into it, but they did it. Problem is they would only price match Lowe's with the stand, they wouldn't price beat because it was "double dipping."

Thanks for posting the receipt, it was the tipping point to get the deal. $479 + tax out the door for the DWS780, not to shabby. If the manager refuses, try offering a compromise like no price beat, it might sway them.
Mar 29, 2009
373 posts
64 upvotes
Kitchener - Ottawa st would not price match or beat with stand. I walked out without stand at $451.21 With tax for the DWS780.
Last edited by rharor on Mar 10th, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 4, 2013
621 posts
239 upvotes
redbag wrote:
If, like me, you aren't sure that a bright LED is worth 80 dollars, here's a guy who homebrewed the same system for cheap:

EDIT: thanks to a tip from @barks1andrew I was able to get the free stand with a DWS780 at Home Depot, plus a 10% price beat, $487.13 out the door! The text of HD's offer says "not valid with other offers" but doesn't say "at regular price." Both the associate and the cashier mentioned that Lowe's doesn't include a stand; I said to them "your offer doesn't say it's limited to regular price" and they agreed!
Thats an awesome design, I am definitely going to do that to my saw now!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
question for pros - I want to buy something (may be a compact one?) for DIY, such has cutting a plywood or 2x2/ 2x4 (the cut has to be straight) . Do you recommend a compact saw, circular saw or oscillating tool? sorry if this is a stupid question.. new to all this

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)