Amazon.ca

DEWALT Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit - DWE315K Price:$140.89 (Was: $199.00 )-

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2021 8:35 pm
[OP]
Feb 9, 2014
65 posts
194 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] DEWALT Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit - DWE315K Price:$140.89 (Was: $199.00 )-

DEWALT Oscillating Multi-Tool Kit - DWE315K Price: $140.89 (Was: $199.00 )- wired

If you need battery one - its for $156.66
https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-Oscillatin ... 53MD&psc=1

Extra 10% off when PM from Lowes.ca
1% on Rakuten

Home depot.ca will only do price match (no 10% as its online retail)
44 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1059 posts
208 upvotes
Oakville
Debating on getting the one with the small battery. I figure you can sell the charger and 1.5ah? battery for $50 on kijiji making the tool around $100?
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4063 posts
4573 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Saw my coworker used this yesterday. My gawd is it handy.

Except it was Red
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2002
1059 posts
208 upvotes
Oakville
Pulled the trigger. I missed the sale when it was $115 last month (bare tool only). For $40 more you get some additional blades, the charger and a battery. Should come out to be a better deal once I sell the extras.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4263 posts
4480 upvotes
Alberta
KennyX wrote: Pulled the trigger. I missed the sale when it was $115 last month (bare tool only). For $40 more you get some additional blades, the charger and a battery. Should come out to be a better deal once I sell the extras.
This is the corded model

Edit. Corrected about separate deal
Last edited by Lush78 on Jul 29th, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2743 posts
2359 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Lush78 wrote: This is the corded model
He's talking about the other link from OP, the battery one.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Oct 2, 2018
933 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
Had a small project years ago so went out bought a Mastercraft Oscillating 2.5 Amp Multi-Tool that has been great over the years.

Seeing this figured time to do the upgrade, get a Dewalt 3 Amp version and be a better match to my other Dewalt and Makita brands on the shelf. I always buy corded myself, each their own on that decision.

Thank you for the information, even if I am lighter in the pocketbook.

Will give my other one away shouldn't be hard to find it a good home as it really has been great using over the years.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Jan 24, 2007
854 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I bought this when I was doing a renovation for the house and afterwards wondered why I didn't buy it sooner. The amount of times this will come in handy is just astonishing and I highly recommend anyone who does even small stuff around the house to buy one. As for the cordless vs corded, i have had corded tools (bought them originally because of lower pricetag) but have been replacing everything with cordless. makes a big difference in terms of freedom to use anywhere. The only tool that i have remaining to convert to cordless is hand sander and hammer drill.

Just as an example, I had to install a new kitchen faucet (bigger and nicer ofcourse) and when I removed the old and tried installing the new one, the plywood support under the countertop was blocking the large washer from sitting flush. normally, you try to break away a chunk but that would weaken the support for the granite top and i was able to cut off 1/4" which is all was needed to fit the new faucet and I cant think of any other tool that I have that would safely and easily under a granite sink.
May 27, 2016
385 posts
105 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Cordless all the way. I have both the Ryobi and the XR Oscillating tool and the DeWalt works wonders especially the quick tool change allowing for quick changes to blade angles, etc.
Jan 12, 2007
244 posts
39 upvotes
Would a reciprocating saw work there? Just not sure I would actually put this tool to use.

d4diesel wrote: I bought this when I was doing a renovation for the house and afterwards wondered why I didn't buy it sooner. The amount of times this will come in handy is just astonishing and I highly recommend anyone who does even small stuff around the house to buy one. As for the cordless vs corded, i have had corded tools (bought them originally because of lower pricetag) but have been replacing everything with cordless. makes a big difference in terms of freedom to use anywhere. The only tool that i have remaining to convert to cordless is hand sander and hammer drill.

Just as an example, I had to install a new kitchen faucet (bigger and nicer ofcourse) and when I removed the old and tried installing the new one, the plywood support under the countertop was blocking the large washer from sitting flush. normally, you try to break away a chunk but that would weaken the support for the granite top and i was able to cut off 1/4" which is all was needed to fit the new faucet and I cant think of any other tool that I have that would safely and easily under a granite sink.
Jan 24, 2007
854 posts
261 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
the granite countertop and the sink is already installed. the support it touching the granite. i may have not explained it in the most clear words but reciprocating saw wouldn't work.
May 26, 2005
843 posts
627 upvotes
I have this multi-tool and it has been super useful doing my renovations so far. Can get it into places with more precision than a sawzall, and trim pieces carefully.

Good blades are a must, and they are not cheap.
Oct 2, 2018
933 posts
790 upvotes
Toronto
I have some expensive blades already that I purchased a while back, checked to ensure that the universal blades would work in the Dewalt before I pulled the trigger.

Didn't want to get a great tool and render $200 in blades useless....

Agree you should always have an assortment of high quality blades for different types of cuts/uses.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3836 posts
2862 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Ballroomblitz1 wrote: Had a small project years ago so went out bought a Mastercraft Oscillating 2.5 Amp Multi-Tool that has been great over the years.

Seeing this figured time to do the upgrade, get a Dewalt 3 Amp version and be a better match to my other Dewalt and Makita brands on the shelf. I always buy corded myself, each their own on that decision.

Thank you for the information, even if I am lighter in the pocketbook.

Will give my other one away shouldn't be hard to find it a good home as it really has been great using over the years.
I bought the Mastercraft as a trial to see how useful it actually was. Turned out to be VERY useful. I was hoping the MC was going to die, but it just kept going. I finally gave up when I found the Dewalt on sale, and ended up giving the MC to my brother. I normally don't give recommendations for Mastercraft power tools, but I have to admit it held up.
If you are unsure how much you'll use a tool like this, buy the Mastercraft on sale, usually at $40.
Jul 20, 2014
22 posts
8 upvotes
Madden, AB
I have the Fein Multimaster ($150 at HD a year ago), one of the most useful tools I have ever owned.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2011
1840 posts
1802 upvotes
Toronto
Will this oscillate it’s way through concrete pavers?
2013 Wins - $1320 - Woohoo!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3836 posts
2862 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Astroblue wrote: Would a reciprocating saw work there? Just not sure I would actually put this tool to use.
Comparing a reciprocating saw to this saw is like comparing a sledge hammer to a framing hammer. Sure, you can drive a 3" nail with a sledge, but it's gonna get messy. Inversely, you could break concrete with a framing hammer, but you are going to break the operator.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5114 posts
5234 upvotes
Vancouver
IT's a very handy tool to have for those cases when you need to do something like a plunge cut, or cutting something off flush with a surface.

If it's something you think you might use rarely, I should point out that the Mastercraft corded 2.5 amp tool with multiple blades and sanding pad kit occasionally goes on sale at CT for $29. Maybe not as powerful as some, or as handy as a cordless version, but $29! I have one and it works just fine.

Canadian online source for lots of different oscillating multitool blade types: https://multitoolblades.ca/

Note that the different brands use different blade mounts. There are some "universal" blades that fit several different mounting systems, and many tools come with adapters for other mounts, but be careful when you order.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5053 posts
320 upvotes
Toronto
I have both the cheap Mastercraft and DeWalt XR multitool. Like others said, the MC has held up over the past 5 years. If you only plan to use this type of tool rarely (it's actually quite versatile, especially for tight spaces), might be better to get the MC when it goes on sale for $30. Otherwise, the DeWalt is better in that it has: an LED light, toolless blade change, multi trigger, cordless and does a better job of filtering out the vibration.

Forgot to also add that the OP's link includes the depth gauge guide thing which is quite useful for accurate/repeatable plunge cuts.