[Amazon.ca] Diaper Genie refills 3 pack 11.97 with S&S

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 3:15 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
449 posts
246 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Diaper Genie refills 3 pack 11.97 with S&S

Diaper genie refills, 3pack. Right now on sale for 19.97, there's also a $5 coupon, making it 14.97. With S&S that's another $3 off (15% off with 5 subscriptions), making this 11.97 before taxes.

Seems coupon works only once per account.

https://www.amazon.ca/Playtex-Diaper-Ge ... pons&psc=1
50 replies
Dec 14, 2017
354 posts
365 upvotes
What is this? I'm having a kid in a few months. Should I know what this is?
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
449 posts
246 upvotes
7865875 wrote: What is this? I'm having a kid in a few months. Should I know what this is?
It's the disposable refills bags for this (stores dirty diapers). Which currently also has a $10 coupon.

https://www.amazon.ca/Playtex-Diaper-Ge ... per&sr=8-4

If you dont mind the pink, the pink diaper genie is 29.97 with the $10 coupon

https://www.amazon.ca/Playtex-Diaper-Ge ... th=1&psc=1
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2557 posts
3294 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
7865875 wrote: What is this? I'm having a kid in a few months. Should I know what this is?

No, it's a pointless piece of crap. I too was convinced I needed this when I was having my first, I chucked it after less than 2 weeks. You're better off going to dollarama and getting the 200 pack of baby powder scented diaper baggies.
Jul 21, 2013
771 posts
461 upvotes
Calgary
We have 2 of time for 5 years now, 1 in is my wifes dayhome and she loves it.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2659 posts
707 upvotes
Whoever says you don't need a diaper genie is a moron.

*Source - Father of a month old new born.
Sep 28, 2011
71 posts
71 upvotes
Surrey
Bought it with my first child but never really found it too useful as it was filling too quickly and it's fairly big in size. However, I now use it for my cat litter. Scoop up my cats' poop and put it in the diaper genie. It really does contain the odour very well. Quite useful this way for any cat owner!
BTW, pet companies do make their own version of diaper genie already but it's more expensive.
Aug 14, 2018
328 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
My ordered it with s&s .. deliver date is June 5. Unamused Face
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Message Sent from outta Space :twisted:
[OP]
Aug 10, 2010
449 posts
246 upvotes
DesiITGuru wrote: My ordered it with s&s .. deliver date is June 5. Unamused Face
You can always change your delivery date to earlier.
Sep 9, 2014
28 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yes! Most parents have it and we found it to be a lifesaver. We have the manual diaper genie and it’s been working great so far. Our little one is 2 ... trust me it’s not as bad at first but once they’re eating solids ... you’re gona need it!
Mar 17, 2015
511 posts
849 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
One can always start with a cheap $10 garbage step-to-open bin that uses normal garbage bags with two options to keep the odor down, either 1) dispose of bags 1-2 times per day (they are cheap enough), or, 2) toss a small mesh bag filled with activated carbon at the bottom of the bin before the bag goes in. Worked great for us, & very inexpensive, until the little one got too curious about the 'bin in the corner' -- then we upgraded to the the Diaper genie... which is totally worth it as the diapers are thus 'swallowed up' by the closing jaws so little ones can't 'get curious' -- albeit the specialty bags are much more expensive...

ps, thanks OP, grabbed another set of three...
Apr 10, 2011
802 posts
667 upvotes
A recent RFD thread on diaper pails: diaper-pail-condo-worth-2265966/

“I'm surprised to hear that most people here are against them. Yes, the refill bags are a bit pricey (we got the parents choice ones from wal-mart), but you're paying for the convenience. Last thing you want to do when you have a newborn is make multiple trips to the garbage chute in the middle of the night, as newborns poop up to like, 10 times a day. I say, anything that makes your life easier during the first year of parenthood is always a plus in my books!“
Oct 3, 2005
451 posts
24 upvotes
Ottawa
hi-tech wrote: Whoever says you don't need a diaper genie is a moron.

Why would you need a diaper genie for a 1 month old ? If they are breastfed it doesn't really smell. It's a little yogurty but it's not offensive.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2010
1330 posts
336 upvotes
knight wrote: Why would you need a diaper genie for a 1 month old ? If they are breastfed it doesn't really smell. It's a little yogurty but it's not offensive.
Are you gatekeeping on how a diaper smells :P ?
Apr 20, 2011
199 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton, Canada
Too much for garbage bags. I buy 100 for $5 and replace on the refill frame. Haven't had a issue in the last 6 months.
Oct 1, 2011
202 posts
125 upvotes
Georgetown
jk8713 wrote: Yes! Most parents have it and we found it to be a lifesaver. We have the manual diaper genie and it’s been working great so far. Our little one is 2 ... trust me it’s not as bad at first but once they’re eating solids ... you’re gona need it!
Bingo. The diapers aren't bad until they start solids around 5-6 months old, but it's still handy to have a diaper genie vs. a simple trash can or bucket. One for ease of opening and two for containing the smell (somewhat).

We got one years ago as a shower gift with a refill pack. When the bags ran out I went to order some on Amazon and found out how atrocious the regular price of a refill pack was. Did a search online and started using plain blue or white recycling bags instead. Example pic halfway down this link - http://tiny.cc/crn85y
The bags are way cheaper and hold more diapers too. Just keep the plastic ring and get one of those thick elastic bands you find in the mail.

It looks like a PITA but after doing it a couple times it takes me like 10 seconds to load a bag on and we haven't bought a refill pack in 4 years.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
1912 posts
787 upvotes
The original one was good as it sealed each diaper. This one is an expensive garbage can. Waste of money. Just buy some cheap bags instead or use what you have already.
Nov 15, 2004
303 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
I remember someone on RFD - in a different thread about the diaper genie - saying to use the Costco white colour (with drawstring) kitchen bags. I've been doing that with both my kids and it works like a charm. You just pull it slightly over the empty blue ring and it works out to way cheaper than the actual refill bags.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2013
1448 posts
741 upvotes
GVR
Never tried this but will do. Thanks op. We mainly use a rubbermaid commercial stainless trash can (used in hospitals etc.) partnered with the costco kitchen bags. It lasts us a long time.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
4956 posts
4002 upvotes
Ottawa
hi-tech wrote: Whoever says you don't need a diaper genie is a moron.

Yeah I agree. Have a 5 month old and love ours.