Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Diesel New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate Hot Chocolate Marshmallow 2lbs $22.88

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2019 12:35 pm
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 5, 2010
2753 posts
808 upvotes
stang wrote: I think that it's twice a year--January and September
Good to know. Thanks.
Member
Aug 6, 2018
305 posts
1761 upvotes
The price keeps jumping to 38 after I put it in the cart
Showing up at $38.99 now. Seems to be dead.

edit: Chocolate flavour still on @22.88, ships 1-2 months.
Last edited by essjayess on Jul 21st, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 25, 2012
944 posts
310 upvotes
sorry for noob question. why do people buy these protein powders? I thought these were only for people into body building, etc. Excuse my ignorance. :(
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Temp. Banned
Jul 26, 2011
508 posts
519 upvotes
NORTH YORK
demzie wrote: sorry for noob question. why do people buy these protein powders? I thought these were only for people into body building, etc. Excuse my ignorance. :(
Kind of but also for a quick snack or people that don't eat enough protein.
Member
User avatar
Dec 25, 2013
266 posts
197 upvotes
Brampton/Waterloo
I don't get it, myprotein is generally cheaper, is this better?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 31, 2007
4374 posts
1590 upvotes
aurasphere wrote: I don't get it, myprotein is generally cheaper, is this better?
Ya, don't quite understand the math myself. I understand this is isolate so there's some premium, but it's close to double the cost per lb of myprotein (on sale, non-isolate).
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Member
Jan 28, 2008
296 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just to let you know that from my research, there’s a big difference between kaizen and diesel products.
Where Diesel is 100% wpi when Kaizen is mixture of wpi and wpc. Check the ingredients. And there are price difference for those ingredients as they have different effects on digesting.
Newbie
Feb 6, 2015
46 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
demzie wrote: sorry for noob question. why do people buy these protein powders? I thought these were only for people into body building, etc. Excuse my ignorance. :(
Obviously we need nutrients to live, and there are some nutrients such as whey protein (which is a macro nutrient) that delivers easily digestible essential (and non-essential) amino acids that are quickly absorbed and utilized by us. ( Us meaning our hair, skin, nails, muscles etc.)
The bigger question lies in how do all these companies differ in their protein powders? Some use gregarious amounts of fillers, binders, excipients which lower quality and price. The best brands would use a New Zealand sourced Whey as cattle in New Zealand are Grass-Fed, unlike our cattle here in N.America are Soy and Corn fed, ultimately needing loads of antibiotics and hormones.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2008
671 posts
299 upvotes
ccomkim wrote: Just to let you know that from my research, there’s a big difference between kaizen and diesel products.
Where Diesel is 100% wpi when Kaizen is mixture of wpi and wpc. Check the ingredients. And there are price difference for those ingredients as they have different effects on digesting.
Where did you go for your information? I'm comparing the ingredients on the bottles. Both are Isolates. In fact, both have the exact same ingredients.

Medicinal Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cocoa, Naturals Flavours, Xanthan gum/Cellulose gum (Kaizen/Diesel, respectively), and Stevia.
Newbie
Feb 6, 2015
46 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
jestik wrote: Where did you go for your information? I'm comparing the ingredients on the bottles. Both are Isolates. In fact, both have the exact same ingredients.

Medicinal Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cocoa, Naturals Flavours, Xanthan gum/Cellulose gum (Kaizen/Diesel, respectively), and Stevia.
By any chance, does Kaizen and Diesel breakdown the individual amino acid profile along the side panel?

Thanks.
Sr. Member
Jan 17, 2008
671 posts
299 upvotes
Crasstar2002 wrote: By any chance, does Kaizen and Diesel breakdown the individual amino acid profile along the side panel?

Thanks.
Diesel.... see the Amazon ad. There's a picture of the label, with the amino acid profile.
Kaizen.... see their website.
Member
Oct 3, 2007
315 posts
30 upvotes
Looks like prices are back up to $38, anyone still seeing any flavours for $22?
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
574 posts
310 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
demzie wrote: sorry for noob question. why do people buy these protein powders? I thought these were only for people into body building, etc. Excuse my ignorance. :(
partially correct, if you consider "body building" as going to the gym and trying to increase lean mass.

it's hard to achieve protein goals for the day without going too much over your calorie limit, unless you only eat really lean meats like chicken breast and some types of fish. Or egg whites.

by having a whey shake you get lots of protein in a few calories, and personally I think it tastes amazing. But if the person is careless about their diet, there's no point in taking any supplements IMHO
Member
Jan 28, 2008
296 posts
82 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jestik wrote: Where did you go for your information? I'm comparing the ingredients on the bottles. Both are Isolates. In fact, both have the exact same ingredients.

Medicinal Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cocoa, Naturals Flavours, Xanthan gum/Cellulose gum (Kaizen/Diesel, respectively), and Stevia.
Here is the ingredient from Kaizen website:
Medicinal Ingredients
Whey protein blend 31.05 g (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate) (24 g of complete protein) (cow’s milk).

It says Whey protein blend, it tells you that it is not 100% wpi.
https://kaizennaturals.com/products/whe ... 7521769523

Come to think of it, maybe you and I were talking about different products :p

Top