Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Diesel New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate Hot Chocolate Marshmallow 2lbs $22.88

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2019 12:35 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2555 posts
620 upvotes
stang wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 10:05 pm
I think that it's twice a year--January and September
Good to know. Thanks.
Aug 6, 2018
134 posts
851 upvotes
The price keeps jumping to 38 after I put it in the cart
Showing up at $38.99 now. Seems to be dead.

edit: Chocolate flavour still on @22.88, ships 1-2 months.
Last edited by essjayess on Jul 21st, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Apr 25, 2012
896 posts
279 upvotes
sorry for noob question. why do people buy these protein powders? I thought these were only for people into body building, etc. Excuse my ignorance. :(
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Jul 26, 2011
405 posts
384 upvotes
NORTH YORK
demzie wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 10:45 pm
sorry for noob question. why do people buy these protein powders? I thought these were only for people into body building, etc. Excuse my ignorance. :(
Kind of but also for a quick snack or people that don't eat enough protein.
Dec 25, 2013
228 posts
169 upvotes
Brampton/Waterloo
I don't get it, myprotein is generally cheaper, is this better?
IPTV Gold Provider
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4241 posts
1295 upvotes
aurasphere wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 2:05 am
I don't get it, myprotein is generally cheaper, is this better?
Ya, don't quite understand the math myself. I understand this is isolate so there's some premium, but it's close to double the cost per lb of myprotein (on sale, non-isolate).
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Jan 28, 2008
216 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just to let you know that from my research, there’s a big difference between kaizen and diesel products.
Where Diesel is 100% wpi when Kaizen is mixture of wpi and wpc. Check the ingredients. And there are price difference for those ingredients as they have different effects on digesting.
Feb 6, 2015
38 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
demzie wrote:
Obviously we need nutrients to live, and there are some nutrients such as whey protein (which is a macro nutrient) that delivers easily digestible essential (and non-essential) amino acids that are quickly absorbed and utilized by us. ( Us meaning our hair, skin, nails, muscles etc.)
The bigger question lies in how do all these companies differ in their protein powders? Some use gregarious amounts of fillers, binders, excipients which lower quality and price. The best brands would use a New Zealand sourced Whey as cattle in New Zealand are Grass-Fed, unlike our cattle here in N.America are Soy and Corn fed, ultimately needing loads of antibiotics and hormones.
Jan 17, 2008
658 posts
272 upvotes
ccomkim wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 2:30 am
Just to let you know that from my research, there’s a big difference between kaizen and diesel products.
Where Diesel is 100% wpi when Kaizen is mixture of wpi and wpc. Check the ingredients. And there are price difference for those ingredients as they have different effects on digesting.
Where did you go for your information? I'm comparing the ingredients on the bottles. Both are Isolates. In fact, both have the exact same ingredients.

Medicinal Ingredients: Whey Protein Isolate
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cocoa, Naturals Flavours, Xanthan gum/Cellulose gum (Kaizen/Diesel, respectively), and Stevia.
Feb 6, 2015
38 posts
34 upvotes
Mississauga
jestik wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:47 am
Where did you go for your information? I'm comparing the ingredients on the bottles. Both are Isolates. In fact, both have the exact same ingredients.

Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Cocoa, Naturals Flavours, Xanthan gum/Cellulose gum (Kaizen/Diesel, respectively), and Stevia.
By any chance, does Kaizen and Diesel breakdown the individual amino acid profile along the side panel?

Thanks.
Jan 17, 2008
658 posts
272 upvotes
Crasstar2002 wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:53 am
By any chance, does Kaizen and Diesel breakdown the individual amino acid profile along the side panel?

Thanks.
Diesel.... see the Amazon ad. There's a picture of the label, with the amino acid profile.
Kaizen.... see their website.
Oct 3, 2007
297 posts
24 upvotes
Looks like prices are back up to $38, anyone still seeing any flavours for $22?
Aug 30, 2015
437 posts
142 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
demzie wrote:
partially correct, if you consider "body building" as going to the gym and trying to increase lean mass.

it's hard to achieve protein goals for the day without going too much over your calorie limit, unless you only eat really lean meats like chicken breast and some types of fish. Or egg whites.

by having a whey shake you get lots of protein in a few calories, and personally I think it tastes amazing. But if the person is careless about their diet, there's no point in taking any supplements IMHO
Jan 28, 2008
216 posts
55 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
jestik wrote:
Jul 22nd, 2019 8:47 am

Here is the ingredient from Kaizen website:
Medicinal Ingredients
Whey protein blend 31.05 g (whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, whey protein hydrolysate) (24 g of complete protein) (cow’s milk).

It says Whey protein blend, it tells you that it is not 100% wpi.
https://kaizennaturals.com/products/whe ... 7521769523

Come to think of it, maybe you and I were talking about different products :p
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
3735 posts
452 upvotes
Scarborough
Feegus wrote:
Jul 21st, 2019 8:48 pm
That's not isolate.
What's the difference?