• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2019 6:02 pm
[OP]
Nov 11, 2014
206 posts
138 upvotes
Markham, ON

[Amazon.ca] Diono Radian 3 RXT Red All-In-One Convertible Car Seat - $322

Diono Radian 3RXT for $322.45. Looks to be all time low on Amazon according to CCC.

Red colour only.

3RXT is a convertible car seat that goes from rear facing infant mode to front facing booster mode up to 120 lbs. Those of you with smaller vehicles or long legs with the seat behind you in rear facing mode may need the angle adjuster to make it fit comfortably. 3RXT also is narrow enough to fit 3 across the back seat according to Diono.
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 18th, 2019 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Title edit
33 replies
Aug 29, 2012
145 posts
118 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Wow new all time low. I have this exact one, no regrets.
Sep 19, 2007
612 posts
99 upvotes
Debating between this and the clicktight frontier.... just not sure which is better.
Jul 17, 2007
477 posts
689 upvotes
Montreal
Got 2 diono amazing seats and I love there compact design

We travelled internationally with them and they held up great
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Sep 25, 2007
90 posts
26 upvotes
GTA
Had a Diono Radian myself, but regretted the purchase after looking deeper into the crash test performance. Ended up replacing with a Clek Foonf and the difference is night and day. Super solid (though it's definitely heavy). Rigid-LATCH combined with the crumple zone is great for front-facing safety. I grabbed it on a previous sale, should be another one on Boxing Day. Worth the extra $100 imho.
May 21, 2012
256 posts
194 upvotes
Burlington
dailce wrote: Debating between this and the clicktight frontier.... just not sure which is better.
The Diono Radian and the Clicktight Frontier serve two different purposes. The Radian can be used harnessed both rear-facing and forward-facing. It does become a booster, but the booster function is only useful for a very short period of time (and some children are too tall by the time they weigh enough to use the booster mode). The Clicktight Frontier is only harnessed forward-facing (no rear-facing mode), and then becomes a booster. This booster mode will be longer-lasting then the Diono. The Frontier does have the highest harness height in Canada, so it is great for very tall children or children that need to be harnessed longer than average.
Oct 17, 2002
947 posts
151 upvotes
Oakville
Elendil wrote: Had a Diono Radian myself, but regretted the purchase after looking deeper into the crash test performance. Ended up replacing with a Clek Foonf and the difference is night and day. Super solid (though it's definitely heavy). Rigid-LATCH combined with the crumple zone is great for front-facing safety. I grabbed it on a previous sale, should be another one on Boxing Day. Worth the extra $100 imho.
Yeah, the crash test performances have turned me off as well. I ordered the Graco 4ever back in November from bedbathandbeyond, but it still hasnt shipped out, and is out of stock on the website and in stores. Was going to cancel for this but read the reviews.
Waiting for another sale on the Graco or the Britax Marathon Clicktight.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19152 posts
6702 upvotes
Toronto
Who's reviewing car seats with crash test reports, Consumer Reports?

General online search to find this data I guess ...
RedFlagDeals Addict
Aug 17, 2015
60 posts
15 upvotes
zigmanroxie wrote: the American website has the 3rx carseat (not rxt) for $249 USD and u get a free traverze stroller

https://www.diono.com/us/product/radian ... -traverze/
The Canadian site also has a similar promo if purchasing the Diono Radian 3RXT.
https://ca.diono.com/sale/

UPDATE: West Coast Kids also has the same promo for a free traverze stroller if purchasing the Radian 3RXT in plum or dark grey. Stroller colour options of blue or pink available.
https://www.westcoastkids.ca/brands/dio ... 0%5D=81029
Last edited by MelisD09 on Dec 18th, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 24, 2017
156 posts
96 upvotes
Why is it so complicated buying baby gear. God damn.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2002
2594 posts
1213 upvotes
Ludepower wrote: Why is it so complicated buying baby gear. God damn.
Welcome to parenthood. Enjoy the change. =)
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19152 posts
6702 upvotes
Toronto
RXT is a model of its own because you can fit 3 across.
Pros and cons to this unit but it can't even be compared to other Diono Radians, people pay extra for this specific car seat.

I don't own it but if I had 3 car seats going (maybe even 2 to take away the bulk) I'd consider this thing.

It has some trade offs though, online reviews always talk about this unit.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Feb 13, 2015
214 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
For those debating, I have both (clek foonf and diono 2ax). Very different car seats. Foonf sits at an angle which many 3+ yr olds may find uncomfortable. Side impact protection on the new dionos (I have the 2ax) is much better. I use both, but prefer the diono if installing on the side due to aluminium reimforced side impact protection.
Oct 25, 2018
871 posts
881 upvotes
Have two Evenflo DLX and they work great and probably got both for around this sale price, but good luck fitting three across.
Aug 30, 2007
39 posts
21 upvotes
London
Deal is dead now. Saw this on a CCC alert this morning as well. Just bought the last one available sold by Amazon, now only third party sellers at full price of $430. Thanks OP.

Edit: doesn't look dead actually sorry, just had to go and select Amazon from the sellers and still showed up for $322, not shipping until January though apparently.