Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Dirt 5 PS4/PS5 Xbox One/Series S/X $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4256 posts
2365 upvotes
itJustme wrote: Always enjoyed dirt in all it's forms, this one was not up to par.

I'd wait for this go on sale shortly after, unless you have limited launch game choices.
Just curious how you've played it already? Digital midnight release or something?
Sep 27, 2020
108 posts
50 upvotes
NS
tietherope wrote: Just curious how you've played it already? Digital midnight release or something?
Out on pc and beta's, not gonna detracted from the deal and turn this into a review thread, but maybe look into it first.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14241 posts
4724 upvotes
London
kyleashton wrote: Duel sense triggers? Not sure what those are but whatever blows your hair back :)
the triggers on the new dual sense controller are apparently revolutionary with their "adaptive feedback" and will be used in this game.

Digital Foundry was absolutely gushing about them
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14241 posts
4724 upvotes
London
itJustme wrote: Out on pc and beta's, not gonna detracted from the deal and turn this into a review thread, but maybe look into it first.
Is there anything in particular that you didn't like?

All th negative reviews on steam are just complaining about crashing issues (not a problem on a console) and the fact that there's no rally
Sep 27, 2020
108 posts
50 upvotes
NS
Viper98 wrote: Is there anything in particular that you didn't like?

All th negative reviews on steam are just complaining about crashing issues (not a problem on a console) and the fact that there's no rally
I'd summarize it as a whole being closest to another Dirt Showdown.

There are things to like but overall, it's just a tad too arcadey, with broken AI and a lack of any physics that other dirt's had a good balance of.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2007
1482 posts
1109 upvotes
St Catharines
itJustme wrote: I'd summarize it as a whole being closest to another Dirt Showdown.

There are things to like but overall, it's just a tad too arcadey, with broken AI and a lack of any physics that other dirt's had a good balance of.
It’s not a typical Dirt game. It’s intentionally an arcade racer, which I prefer. Not a fan of sim racers.

Bought it digitally in anticipation of Series S next week, but installed it on my One X overnight and gave it a few minutes before work this morning. Seems fun and I’m excited to give it a solid go this evening.

Devs already patched the screen tearing issue but there’s still no controller rumble for whatever reason.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14241 posts
4724 upvotes
London
Ordered last night and got my order this morning
Oct 23, 2012
363 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
Viper98 wrote: Ordered last night and got my order this morning
from amazon? my order said for the 13th, so cancelled and went with Walmart who will have it on monday. I don't need game until Tuesday for the series x
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6701 posts
5366 upvotes
kyleashton wrote: Just get it on Xbox and you don't have to worry about future upgrades, plus Series X is the more powerful system. Basically, any 3rd party games get them on Series X this generation. You'll get the best version of the game. Get PS5 for the exclusives.
If Series X is more powerful it is only marginally so. It's not like past generations. The difference between systems is smaller than it has ever been.
Sep 12, 2016
117 posts
190 upvotes
Bought a copy, great price. Thanks OP!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14241 posts
4724 upvotes
London
Poutinesauce wrote: If Series X is more powerful it is only marginally so. It's not like past generations. The difference between systems is smaller than it has ever been.
In terms of raw power there's a pretty good jump from PS5 to Series X. Series X is something like 15-20% more powerful
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14241 posts
4724 upvotes
London
bigfun3 wrote: from amazon? my order said for the 13th, so cancelled and went with Walmart who will have it on monday. I don't need game until Tuesday for the series x
Ya I ordered from Amazon
Oct 25, 2018
854 posts
858 upvotes
bigfun3 wrote: I think most retailers are selling it for $59.99, but for some weird reason its much more to buy digitally.
Just think of the savings those disc-less consoles are getting.....

People locking themselves into a single store are in for a shit surprise.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14241 posts
4724 upvotes
London
Turns out Amazon lowered the price of the Xbox version to $55 but it is OOS now
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4664 posts
2592 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
kyleashton wrote: Just get it on Xbox and you don't have to worry about future upgrades, plus Series X is the more powerful system. Basically, any 3rd party games get them on Series X this generation. You'll get the best version of the game. Get PS5 for the exclusives.
The real question will be

Is the dualsense magic and Tempest 3D Audio will be worth it more than a game at a bit better resolution on Series X (let say native 4k vs reconstructed 4k).

I bought both console, I'll wait and see.

Quick resume being Xbox only is the biggest incentive for me to buy most game on Series X. I hope Sony introduce something similar.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
4256 posts
2365 upvotes
vonblock wrote: The real question will be

Is the dualsense magic and Tempest 3D Audio will be worth it more than a game at a bit better resolution on Series X (let say native 4k vs reconstructed 4k).

I bought both console, I'll wait and see.

Quick resume being Xbox only is the biggest incentive for me to buy most game on Series X. I hope Sony introduce something similar.
Can't find anything for Xbox, but it seems the PC version has Dolby Atmos, so if the Xbox version does as well, that offsets Sony's 3D audio at least.

Also bought both consoles, so far I think it will be Xbox for multi platform games and then the PS5 for exclusives.