[Amazon.ca] Dirt 5 PS4/PS5 Xbox One/Series S/X $59.99

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 21st, 2020 9:42 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
4663 posts
2592 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
tietherope wrote: Can't find anything for Xbox, but it seems the PC version has Dolby Atmos, so if the Xbox version does as well, that offsets Sony's 3D audio at least.

Also bought both consoles, so far I think it will be Xbox for multi platform games and then the PS5 for exclusives.
Yeah, Dolby Atmos for headphone does a great job, even though i find the original Dolby Headphone (on PC) to give me a more precise 3D positioning (but with a sound that feel less natural).
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2219 posts
2058 upvotes
Whitby
Dirt game tho. Just gonna load old one from library. These games don't hold value well. Thanks for deal. Upvote.
Oct 23, 2012
363 posts
157 upvotes
Brampton
I see the game dropped to $55 for the xbox version on amazon
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6696 posts
5358 upvotes

According to Digital Foundry overall the PS5 version is superior and the Series X one has more problems.

This mirrors what is shown in most other next-gen games, so far the PS5 version is usually slightly superior.

And just like I said, none of them offer true, constant 4k for any graphically demanding game. It's all variable resolution to varying degrees. I knew it was exactly what would happen, just like for the last two generations where they lied about the resolution.
Mar 11, 2017
11 posts
7 upvotes
kyleashton wrote: Just get it on Xbox and you don't have to worry about future upgrades, plus Series X is the more powerful system. Basically, any 3rd party games get them on Series X this generation. You'll get the best version of the game. Get PS5 for the exclusives.
Digital Foundry says the PS5 version actually looks/runs better.....
Temp. Banned
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
SAM00N wrote: Digital Foundry says the PS5 version actually looks/runs better.....
At 120 Hz though the PS5 is a disaster with this game. Honestly though considering 99.9% of us are not professional gamers not sure why we would care about it. Anyway really disappointed that the most powerful console is not flexing it's muscle. My Xbox Series X is still in the box btw as I haven't been quick to get my gaming desk together to hold the tv for it and well the more I see of this the more I might want to leave it there. LOL!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6696 posts
5358 upvotes
LetsMakeADeal2013 wrote: At 120 Hz though the PS5 is a disaster with this game. Honestly though considering 99.9% of us are not professional gamers not sure why we would care about it. Anyway really disappointed that the most powerful console is not flexing it's muscle. My Xbox Series X is still in the box btw as I haven't been quick to get my gaming desk together to hold the tv for it and well the more I see of this the more I might want to leave it there. LOL!
I think 120hz mode for any graphically demanding game on this gen of consoles is a total joke, and almost assuredly for the next one too. These consoles can't even output true 4k. Even current high end PCs struggle to produce true 4k at more than 30 FPS.

Jury is still out on whether in practical reality, the PS5 or Series X will have the best looking games. It might change a little over time as devs had more time to familiarize themselves with PS5 dev kits and little time with Series X. Or it might not. The overall difference is not very significant.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3689 posts
3742 upvotes
Ottawa
SAM00N wrote: Digital Foundry says the PS5 version actually looks/runs better.....
Far better looking. So much for Xbox Series X's teraflops.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Mar 11, 2017
11 posts
7 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Far better looking. So much for Xbox Series X's teraflops.
I own both next gen systems and it is disappointing. Was going to get all multiplatform games on the series x but damn what an L.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3689 posts
3742 upvotes
Ottawa
SAM00N wrote: I own both next gen systems and it is disappointing. Was going to get all multiplatform games on the series x but damn what an L.
This is just an assumption, but I expect most third party developers to cater towards the PS5 since they only need to make one version work on Playstation systems (assuming they don't do last gen console versions in the future). PS5 and PS5 digital have the same horsepower. But with Xbox, you have to make the much weaker Series S work as well as the significantly more powerful Series X. That, coupled with all the other last gen Xbox consoles... it's probably a pain in the ass for developers.

Kind of ironic that Xbox's greatest strength may actually be a hindrance for them. Who woulda thunk it.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
6696 posts
5358 upvotes
Batarang wrote: This is just an assumption, but I expect most third party developers to cater towards the PS5 since they only need to make one version work on Playstation systems (assuming they don't do last gen console versions in the future). PS5 and PS5 digital have the same horsepower. But with Xbox, you have to make the much weaker Series S work as well as the significantly more powerful Series X. That, coupled with all the other last gen Xbox consoles... it's probably a pain in the ass for developers.

Kind of ironic that Xbox's greatest strength may actually be a hindrance for them. Who woulda thunk it.
I don't think any differences are that significant. Certainly they are less significant than they've ever been.

You just need to wonder which console will have the most games that you want and buy that.

Me I bought a PS5 and Series X and I think the Series X is a totally fine system. I just think that overall the PS5 will have far more Japanese exclusives.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4528 posts
16892 upvotes
TORONTO
kyleashton wrote: Just get it on Xbox and you don't have to worry about future upgrades, plus Series X is the more powerful system. Basically, any 3rd party games get them on Series X this generation. You'll get the best version of the game. Get PS5 for the exclusives.
Aged faster than milk.
Feb 20, 2005
58 posts
36 upvotes
They also said it looks like a bug and will likely be patched. Don't think much should be put into these early games honestly.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
14236 posts
4718 upvotes
London
zedge wrote: They also said it looks like a bug and will likely be patched. Don't think much should be put into these early games honestly.
I'm actually wondering if they messed up the 120hz comparison because the game looks significantly worse on PS5 running in framerate mode, despite them saying otherwise.