Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Dishoom: The first ever cookbook from the much-loved Indian restaurant - $27.98

[OP]
Feb 12, 2011
74 posts
160 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Dishoom: The first ever cookbook from the much-loved Indian restaurant - $27.98

ATL for this cookbook, usually $45. From probably the best Indian restaurant in London.
63 replies
Sep 3, 2015
165 posts
96 upvotes
Kitchener- Waterloo
At first glance reading the name, I thought it was the name of a movie Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 31, 2003
697 posts
142 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Never heard of but according to CCC it's the lowest price and such high ratings worth a buy...thx
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2005
1970 posts
394 upvotes
It's a restaurant in London, UK (maybe they have chains elsewhere?). One of my favourites when I lived there. Thanks, OP.

According to my South Asian friends Dishoom is the noise they make in film when throwing a punch. Like WHAM, BAM in the classic Batman.
Jun 29, 2018
82 posts
81 upvotes
Ordered as a Christmas gift for my wife. Dishoom is our favourite restaurant in London. Thanks, OP!
Jul 8, 2019
338 posts
162 upvotes
Placed a hold at Toronto Public Library. Now wondering if its good idea to borrow a cooking book from a library during covid, or for that matter any other time too!
Apr 22, 2019
16 posts
7 upvotes
Chocolinx wrote: It's a restaurant in London, UK (maybe they have chains elsewhere?). One of my favourites when I lived there. Thanks, OP.
I've been to to Dishoom in London and I can confirm that it is extremely good.
Jul 21, 2013
87 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I love this restaurant in London. This is awesome. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2007
1552 posts
154 upvotes
kano777 wrote: I love this restaurant in London. This is awesome. Thanks OP.
+1 Been to the one is scotland...drinks and food were great!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9681 posts
3031 upvotes
lifemusic wrote: At first glance reading the name, I thought it was the name of a movie Face With Tears Of Joy
Haha. May have got the name from there, the old bollywood movie fight scenes, when punches were thrown the exaggerated sound was like "Dishoom"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9681 posts
3031 upvotes
FightingInternet wrote: ATL for this cookbook, usually $45. From probably the best Indian restaurant in London.
What is the selection of the recipes in here, mostly non veg.?
Jan 13, 2010
274 posts
95 upvotes
Never heard of the resto, but has good reviews...ordered! Thanks OP
Jan 1, 2019
19 posts
14 upvotes
This book is easily available online in PDF since last year. ITs a good read and some neat ideas.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9681 posts
3031 upvotes
san186can wrote: This book is easily available online in PDF since last year. ITs a good read and some neat ideas.
Link?
Dec 25, 2013
302 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary
san186can wrote: This book is easily available online in PDF since last year. ITs a good read and some neat ideas.
Have a link?
Sep 6, 2012
507 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
RFD is all about saving money but I rather saving money while supporting the content creator. If this is indeed free to download from the book publisher/owner, please provide a link and I thank you wholeheartedly.

As for now, I just clicked order on Amazon.. :(
Jan 1, 2019
19 posts
14 upvotes
y26day wrote: RFD is all about saving money but I rather saving money while supporting the content creator. If this is indeed free to download from the book publisher/owner, please provide a link and I thank you wholeheartedly.

I agree. i am a regular to the establishment whenever i can go back (Which was twice a year before covid)
Nov 24, 2017
175 posts
132 upvotes
Mississauga
y26day wrote: RFD is all about saving money but I rather saving money while supporting the content creator. If this is indeed free to download from the book publisher/owner, please provide a link and I thank you wholeheartedly.

Books are very easy to get these days. However, I totally agree with you that when we should be supporting book authors/publishers whenever we can. Without an incentive to publish good content, this artform is bound to wither away.
For links, you can find it on libgen.