Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

DJI OM 4 - Handheld 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer with Grip Tripod Vlog Youtube Live Video for iPhone Android

[OP]
May 18, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] DJI OM 4 - Handheld 3-Axis Smartphone Gimbal Stabilizer with Grip Tripod Vlog Youtube Live Video for iPhone Android

Fulfilled by amazon.ca.

The DJI OM4 features a magnetic quick release design, an upgrade over the previous generation of mobile gimbals. It also supports larger phone sizes including the iPhone 12/11 Pro Max.

I’ve been tracking this for a while and this is the second time the price has dipped below the regular price of CAD 169, and this deal is also fulfilled by amazon.ca. I posted a similar deal previously but the shop owner was relatively new and the initial thread got archived.

Not too sure when it’ll expire, but great deal nontheless.
39 replies
Jul 5, 2021
8 posts
23 upvotes
BACK2WORK21
On your business account brings the price down to 96$
Dec 6, 2008
736 posts
426 upvotes
hmm should i buy this... i bought the osmo 3 last time there was a post about it on RFD... i haven't taken it out of the box i think it's been over a year Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1370 posts
1098 upvotes
Gatineau
benji82 wrote: hmm should i buy this... i bought the osmo 3 last time there was a post about it on RFD... i haven't taken it out of the box i think it's been over a year Face With Tears Of Joy
sounds like you just answered your own question
Maybe I can build a house with all the boxes from stuff I've bought off RFD
Jan 1, 2021
45 posts
196 upvotes
Saw this deal and called my local visions electronics and got an open box deal @ 109.99, 123 after tax

Pretty much BNIB
[OP]
May 18, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes
How does that work if you don't mind me asking. I've never heard of this before. Do I just call my local Visions Electronics to ask them if they have open boxes of DJI OM4's?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2501 posts
145 upvotes
York
The OM4 has been this price on/fulfilled by Amazon in the past. Great price regardless of frequency. If you were on the fence about smartphone gimbals, this is probably the one. Just... make sure you have a use for it lol.

My issue with the OM3 was the convenience as I have to daily carry two phones and have multiple cases for my personal phone. My OM4 is now part of my EDC pack. With frequent daily use I am questioning the longevity of the rubber pads on the magnetic pressure clamp. I haven't looked at replacement cost or availability. I give mine a fair bit of abuse as it's often jumbled in with other things in my pack, sometimes makes some weird clicks, still working good though.
Feb 21, 2003
777 posts
552 upvotes
Richmond BC
I went for the Hohem isteady x for $85 instead.
It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles on the OM4,
But it wins the OM4 hands down in portability and price.
Best deal: 2 boxes of HP 92 white papers from staples for $7.00 (2004)

Upvote my post if you find it helpful. Thx
Aug 22, 2016
62 posts
34 upvotes
thickburger wrote: How does that work if you don't mind me asking. I've never heard of this before. Do I just call my local Visions Electronics to ask them if they have open boxes of DJI OM4's?
I just called my local visions if they have new in stock and they told me there is only an open box unit. And of course with visions you can negotiate the price :)
[OP]
May 18, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes
kang8690 wrote: I just called my local visions if they have new in stock and they told me there is only an open box unit. And of course with visions you can negotiate the price :)
Thank you! I never knew that!
[OP]
May 18, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes
jimmyche wrote: I went for the Hohem isteady x for $85 instead.
It doesn’t have all the bells and whistles on the OM4,
But it wins the OM4 hands down in portability and price.
I agree, but for phones that are larger, the OM4 appears to be the most capable gimbal for iPhone 11/12 pro maxes and other heavier phones without having to bring along counterweights.
Oct 7, 2017
246 posts
400 upvotes
I owned one now for 3-4 month. Bought it full price $165+ I needed an upgrade from gopro hero
7 black, which i outfitted with all sort of addons. I am now able to record similar quality videos but with much steadier picture. Just by clipping my phone.

It comes with a bracket for phone mounting and a magnet, which i glued to my case. Now i just snap the magnet in place. Phone has never fallen out. Very secure and always in case. The best thing is that magnet attachment is awesome. It is like a kick stand and i can affix it to any metal surface(car,tool box, etc) very strong magnet. Once a attached my phone to the roof of the car drove all the way though gta on 401 and my phone was still there on the roof.

It takes time to learn the gimbal. But if you go to the park with friend or family you can quickly get a hang of it. Footage looks crisp I haven't even edited it yet. The key is knowing your shots.
[OP]
May 18, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes
Hello Everyone,

So apparently visions.ca has the lowest price currently at CAD129 here: DJI OM 4 Smartphone Gimbal with 3-Axis Stabilization and Magnetic Holder (CP.OS.00000108.01) , but I don't know if I should create a new forum thread, or just add it on here for everyone else to find.

Eitherway, I called visions.ca and they said that they're getting it at CAD129 and there's no profit on it and they're selling at cost price. Just FYI.
[OP]
May 18, 2020
10 posts
25 upvotes
Pupsik27 wrote: I owned one now for 3-4 month. Bought it full price $165+ I needed an upgrade from gopro hero
7 black, which i outfitted with all sort of addons. I am now able to record similar quality videos but with much steadier picture. Just by clipping my phone.

It comes with a bracket for phone mounting and a magnet, which i glued to my case. Now i just snap the magnet in place. Phone has never fallen out. Very secure and always in case. The best thing is that magnet attachment is awesome. It is like a kick stand and i can affix it to any metal surface(car,tool box, etc) very strong magnet. Once a attached my phone to the roof of the car drove all the way though gta on 401 and my phone was still there on the roof.

It takes time to learn the gimbal. But if you go to the park with friend or family you can quickly get a hang of it. Footage looks crisp I haven't even edited it yet. The key is knowing your shots.
Yup! I bought it at CAD129 + CAD15 shipping in my first forum post with that new marketplace seller, and even thought there's some regret, I'm really enjoying learning how to use the gimbal. Timelapses are a breeze, steady shots are amazing too. The only issue I noticed is the in-app "tutorial videos" and "forums" don't load that well, and the "DJI Academy" does not load at all. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same problems.
Jul 21, 2021
58 posts
41 upvotes
Thatdudeman wrote: BACK2WORK21
On your business account brings the price down to 96$
How does one get a business account?

Also I bought one from this guy on kijiji for $125 cash, it was still sealed. He probably bought it on a business account to resell lol
Jan 11, 2011
82 posts
104 upvotes
Markham
Anyone can suggest a good simple App to edit the videos aside from the Dji Mimo ?
Jul 21, 2021
58 posts
41 upvotes
vtsui1981 wrote: Anyone can suggest a good simple App to edit the videos aside from the Dji Mimo ?
DaVinci Resolve on your computer is probably the best free video editing software, I don't know about the simple part though.
Dec 28, 2011
899 posts
451 upvotes
Victoria
Just so you all know, this thing sucks on Android, the app is crazy buggy and hasn't been updated in ages. It crashes all the time and you will lose your videos. I have one and I'm going to sell it. Read the app reviews on the play store. Do not buy.
Last edited by kungfulu on Jul 29th, 2021 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 21, 2021
58 posts
41 upvotes
kungfulu wrote: Just so you all know, this thing sucks on Android, the app is crazy buggy and hasn't been updated in ages. It crashes all the time. I have one and I'm going to sell it. Read the app reviews on the play store. Do not buy.
My app never had issues, maybe it's because I have a huawei lol
Dec 28, 2011
899 posts
451 upvotes
Victoria
qyyqyy wrote: My app never had issues, maybe it's because I have a huawei lol
I have a Pixel 5, great phone, and the app constantly crashes and loses video. Same thing on my wife's Pixel 3. I hate this gimbal.