Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

DJI Osmo Mobile 3 $109.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2020 5:33 pm
Aug 16, 2009
334 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver
shame the $88 used is sold, I wouldn't have minded one at that price.

I bought used acceptable before and they there pretty much like new even though the description says "large mark on top, or side of device"
Jan 14, 2020
12 posts
9 upvotes
astrotrain wrote: Bought one last sale from Staples, returned it. The device is nifty but I see no practical function for this for my purposes.

On trips cannot see myself carrying this, hauling this big sucker out and trying to attach my 1K phone to shoot vids or pics.. Just way too big and awkward to use this in any quick in a hurry shooting scene. Maybe if you were at a wedding or some slow mundane event, yeah. Hooking the phone up is not quick task, getting proper balance, etc. Can see myself in a crowded place getting this knocked off my hand and bye bye phone.. way too nerdy looking too carrying this around.

The DJI pocket something should be much better for quick discreet shots...
Yes a gimbal camera would work well for travelling, something like FIMI Palm is better than Osmo pocket:
Sep 29, 2010
721 posts
1067 upvotes
bhrm wrote: App makes the difference. The only reason I use the zhiyun app as opposed to the default camera app is the record button and controls on the stick itself, just easier if it's all one hand operation. The app also allows calibration and adjustments, except it's pretty hard to navigate.

When I bought mine, DJI was $170 but if it's just $110, it's a must buy!
Are there any 3rd party apps that are less sketchy, but will do the same thing?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5237 posts
3507 upvotes
pdipps wrote: Are there any 3rd party apps that are less sketchy, but will do the same thing?
I didn't explore that. Just get the DJI.
Dec 6, 2008
809 posts
619 upvotes
still have one of these unopened from the last visions sale.

anyone in van want it for a hundo HMU!
Sep 29, 2010
721 posts
1067 upvotes
bhrm wrote: I didn't explore that. Just get the DJI.
LOL. nope. I don't need a gimbal for $109. I don't even need it for $50. It's a "nice to have", so if/when I get one, it will be cheap.
Sep 26, 2013
596 posts
1186 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Yes, I know. I've bought tons of "acceptable" and "like new". Never had an issues. Acceptable is usually new looking but open box and like new is often still sealed with damage to the box. Other people have had worse experience but easy returns so no real risk.
This is good to know. I've never bought anything used in my life. But maybe I should start trying that. Is there any catch from buying used one from Amazon? Does Amazon do QA on the product before selling them?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5237 posts
3507 upvotes
pdipps wrote: LOL. nope. I don't need a gimbal for $109. I don't even need it for $50. It's a "nice to have", so if/when I get one, it will be cheap.
The difference between a cheap gimbal and a good gimbal worth the frustration saved. Even if it's just for fun, and nice to have. I rather have something functional that works 100% every time all the time, than a $50 paper weight that will never get used.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
azraelluz wrote: This is good to know. I've never bought anything used in my life. But maybe I should start trying that. Is there any catch from buying used one from Amazon? Does Amazon do QA on the product before selling them?
The catch is that amazon says used items don't have warranty, but i've heard that some manufactures do honour it still. I don't have personal experience but I don't hesitate to buy used from amazon.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Sep 29, 2010
721 posts
1067 upvotes
bhrm wrote: The difference between a cheap gimbal and a good gimbal worth the frustration saved. Even if it's just for fun, and nice to have. I rather have something functional that works 100% every time all the time, than a $50 paper weight that will never get used.
I suppose, but I'm in no hurry. That $100 exact gimbal will be $50 in a year or so, so I'll wait. Or some knockoff brand will do it as good or better by then. Technology keeps getting cheaper and better.
Jan 17, 2008
455 posts
237 upvotes
qpoqpo wrote: I have the Osmo Mobile 2 and this is a much better design. On the mobile 2 with both samsung S7 and S9 the gimbal arm can sometimes be seen in the frame since the cameras on these phones are placed more centrally instead of in one corner.
How well do you find the Osmo 2 works with your Samsung S9 in terms of smoothness? I've heard that phones with OIS (optical image stabilization) such as the S9 counteract the gimbal somewhat, resulting in some judder.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5918 posts
7339 upvotes
pdipps wrote: I suppose, but I'm in no hurry. That $100 exact gimbal will be $50 in a year or so, so I'll wait. Or some knockoff brand will do it as good or better by then. Technology keeps getting cheaper and better.
You can say that about literally every product and spend your life waiting. Dji is on gen 3 of this mobile, and has made great improvements while making it cheaper. They have also consistently improved their drones. The biggest aspect for these gimbals is the features and stability of the accompanying app, which is where DJI is miles ahead.

Ughhhh I hate sounding like a fanboy....
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Sep 29, 2010
721 posts
1067 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: You can say that about literally every product and spend your life waiting. Dji is on gen 3 of this mobile, and has made great improvements while making it cheaper. They have also consistently improved their drones. The biggest aspect for these gimbals is the features and stability of the accompanying app, which is where DJI is miles ahead.

Ughhhh I hate sounding like a fanboy....
Again. A gimbal isn't a need for me, only a nice to have. If I can't get it for what it's worth to me, then I'm ok never getting one.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
1942 posts
1108 upvotes
fatestkid wrote: Yes, I know. I've bought tons of "acceptable" and "like new". Never had an issues. Acceptable is usually new looking but open box and like new is often still sealed with damage to the box. Other people have had worse experience but easy returns so no real risk.
May vary by whoever is performing the evaluations. Last year I bought a tea organizer box that was labelled as having minor cosmetic defects. The thing had huge cracks in the plastic. Not what I would call minor at all. On the other hand, I have also had items listed as having minor cosmetic defects, and I couldn't see a single thing wrong with it.
Mar 4, 2006
443 posts
501 upvotes
leafs_raps wrote: How well do you find the Osmo 2 works with your Samsung S9 in terms of smoothness? I've heard that phones with OIS (optical image stabilization) such as the S9 counteract the gimbal somewhat, resulting in some judder.
Not sure how it works with the stabilization on, I never tried it. I turned off my OIS specifically since I was using a gimbal. Results are pretty good!
Jun 10, 2017
10 posts
13 upvotes
pdipps wrote: Are there any 3rd party apps that are less sketchy, but will do the same thing?
Filmic pro is compatible with most major brand gimbals and is far better than any app that the major brands release anyways.
Sep 29, 2010
721 posts
1067 upvotes
User549216 wrote: Filmic pro is compatible with most major brand gimbals and is far better than any app that the major brands release anyways.
This is what I'm talking about. Would much rather buy a cheaper gimbal that works with this (and has other features), and use my google play credit. :)
Jun 26, 2017
247 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! If anyone is looking to buy the Osmo Mobile 2, I'm looking to offload mine (in excellent condition!). PM me if interested.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)