[Amazon.ca] DON'T BUY IT!iLife A9 Robot Vacuum $250

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 2:28 pm
[OP]
Apr 18, 2004
847 posts
270 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] DON'T BUY IT!iLife A9 Robot Vacuum $250

UPDATE:get the vacuum today ,it is not worth $50 ,even worst than V5s pro. Don't buy it. l will return it to Amazon.

Seeking a robot vacuum with mapping, ordered a Ecovacs 930 from wayfair but was cancelled and found this from Amazon.
Currently it is $320 and a $70 coupon can be applied to make it $250 shipping including and no tax applied .
Not sure it is a good vaccum. I will give it a try , and return to amazon if not good.

I have a ilife V5s Pro which it is a toy only but the quality is ok. I own it for 3 years and it is still working.

Video from Youtube fro A9s which has the mopping feature

Review from Amazon.com is better than from amazon.ca
https://www.amazon.com/ILIFE-Primary-Fi ... merReviews
Customer ratings by feature
For cleaning up hair 5.0
Value for money 4.3
Suction power 4.3
Remote Control 4.2

Maps and navigates your home to clean in a methodical back and forth route instead of a random pattern, avoids repeating or missing areas.
Upgraded CyclonePower cleaning system with whirlwind technology dustbin makes dirt disposal and maintenance much easier, also prolongs high effiency filters’ usage time.
Create a virtual barrier with our portable Electrowall device to clean where you want.
WI-FI Connected APP provides easy operation from your phone, including scheduling, selecting cleaning modes, tracing work progress and accessory status.
3” Slim body with 14 smart sensors helps the A9 to clean along your funitures & walls, go underneath your sofa & beds, climb over carpets and thresholds, avoid stairs and obstacles, automatically return to charge when it runs low on power or has finished cleaning.
Last edited by Chi-tel on Jun 4th, 2020 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
27 replies
Jul 5, 2011
53 posts
17 upvotes
I own a V3S, a A4 and a A9 and I must say A9 gets the job done in 45 mins what the two others take 2 hours to do. It also doesn't get in my way because the panoramic cameras actually see my feet. Also love the included rubber brush, no more hair tangled in the brush. Only con is that it doesn't run in the dark, it needs light or the cameras won't be able to work. Also it restarts mapping every run but it really doesn't slow the vacuum
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1731 posts
1348 upvotes
Waterloo
Is this the new low? Looks like previous low is $315.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5710 posts
1403 upvotes
jean-philippe wrote: I own a V3S, a A4 and a A9 and I must say A9 gets the job done in 45 mins what the two others take 2 hours to do. It also doesn't get in my way because the panoramic cameras actually see my feet. Also love the included rubber brush, no more hair tangled in the brush. Only con is that it doesn't run in the dark, it needs light or the cameras won't be able to work. Also it restarts mapping every run but it really doesn't slow the vacuum
What happens if it goes under a bed or something? I bought one of the first roomba for something like $600 and it's a piece of crap. I need something with mapping as my house is kinda spaced out and often doesn't get it all. Also wouldn't mind keeping one it the basement on a schedule. Only thing about these is that wife and I have schedules all over the place and can't put the vacuum on it's own schedule. Too loud to have it running when we're home.
Apr 9, 2007
109 posts
106 upvotes
This is a solid robo vac. Got it when it was 315 a while back.

Sound is about half the volume of a typical vacuum. On max power it's about the same.

It is about 3" high, so that's how much clearance you need if you want it to go under your coffee table. It's good for up to medium pile carpets, and it can run for about an hour and a half constantly before it needs to charge.

Suction is great, but obviously not perfect. I usually let this go every 3 days and do a proper vacuum once a month. Highly recommended and very smart.

My only issue is that the sensors require the room to be lit, so you can't run this in the evening or when it's really dark, unless you turn on all the lights. Not a huge deal though. Still highly recommend it. It's much smarter than an equivalent priced roomba and overall better bang for your buck.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2069 posts
2111 upvotes
The V5s Pro is a legit pos. Yeah it lasts for awhile but it's a badly designed, dumb garbage pusher. Previously had a Shark and that one was way better at picking up stuff within 1 hour that the V5s Pro can't do in over double the time. I just don't trust this company off that experience.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53426 posts
18339 upvotes
Almost like ripping Apple component names lol.

Good price for sure.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2301 posts
1432 upvotes
I think this is the cheapest robovac with mapping functionality? Has there ever been a cheaper one?
May 8, 2013
545 posts
515 upvotes
London
Mapping is good but how about telling it which room to clean? That's what I want . No barriers just smart hopefully.
Jan 2, 2009
188 posts
11 upvotes
Pembroke
Bought one at 315 and run daily no problem so far love it but like every others robot you need to check for wire as he get stuck lol
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1406 posts
1001 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can this map 3 storey houses or only 1 floor?
Apr 15, 2008
432 posts
225 upvotes
Toronto
This vaccum is garbage. I have two iLife vacuums (a5 and a9) and they both broke within 6 months. No support at all from the manufacturer or Amazon. Do not buy!