Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] DON'T BUY IT!iLife A9 Robot Vacuum $250

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 2:28 pm
Jul 5, 2011
53 posts
17 upvotes
baz5 wrote: What happens if it goes under a bed or something? I bought one of the first roomba for something like $600 and it's a piece of crap. I need something with mapping as my house is kinda spaced out and often doesn't get it all. Also wouldn't mind keeping one it the basement on a schedule. Only thing about these is that wife and I have schedules all over the place and can't put the vacuum on it's own schedule. Too loud to have it running when we're home.
It runs fine under my couches, kitchen table, for bedrooms I use the V3S ( v5 is equivalent). It just needs some brightness in the room, it's going to be able to get out of a dark place but it doesn't know where to go if the whole room is dark. Also it comes included with a virtual wall to stop it from going into certain areas (example trapping it into a certain room or preventing the vacuum to run over the dog bowl).

It also is the quietest of all 3 vacuums I own. Much much quieter. But honestly the best part about this one is good quick the mapping actually allows the vacuum to finish the job vs a random pattern and going to base when no more battery.

Anyway at 250 I would recommend highly since I paid 290$ and I thought it was worth it
Jul 5, 2011
53 posts
17 upvotes
ryansluman wrote: Mapping is good but how about telling it which room to clean? That's what I want . No barriers just smart hopefully.
They include a virtual wall if you don't want the vacuum to leave a certain area
Deal Guru
Jul 17, 2008
10783 posts
3491 upvotes
How does this compare with the Shark that everybody got here via US and price error?
May 8, 2013
545 posts
521 upvotes
London
no barriers. one more thing for the little ones to play with :P
Jul 20, 2016
127 posts
29 upvotes
How does the water cleaning function works in terms of cleaning ? Does it cleans like a mop?
[OP]
Apr 18, 2004
847 posts
270 upvotes
SumitS972792 wrote: How does the water cleaning function works in terms of cleaning ? Does it cleans like a mop?
no mopping for A9. A9s has mopping feature
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1869 posts
443 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote: no mopping for A9. A9s has mopping feature
This is an interesting idea.. I have watched reviews of this model, I have the previous older Ilife V5S pro (dummy robo) that has both vac and mopping. This A9 model has the vac engine outside the main unit, the dustbin is where they moved the vac engine thus you see connector pins on the side of the dustbin. Since the A9s water tank also has pins on the side I wonder if we can convert the regular A9 to the A9S by buying the water tank separately from Aliexpress in the future?

A side note moving the engine to the dusbin, I am concerned a higher failure rate since it gets moved in and out of the main unit often.. my V5S has been ticking since 2016, seems durable but time for upgrade..

**think I was mistaken, the engine is not in the dustbin section, but I wonder what the 3 pins on the side are for...?
Mar 13, 2006
436 posts
238 upvotes
I've had my A9 for about 9 months. Overall I'm pretty satisfied coming from a non-robo vacuum household. We do have about 0.6" transitions between rooms and the V9 could not pass. It comes with two different brushes, with spare parts. Only complaint is about the mapping software using the iOS app. Once the cleaning is stopped/interrupted, the machine starts the process all over again. Basically, the mapping software doesn't store any maps like other robot vacuum.
[OP]
Apr 18, 2004
847 posts
270 upvotes
Got the vacuum today, charged it half day.cleaned my second floor for 45 mins, the suction is ok, but the software is so stupid,
I have 4 rooms in my 2nd floors, The map shows 41 sqm for my floor, it cleaned 1 whole room, 2rooms less than half , and hall way less than 1/3. one room never got close and passed the wash room , then completed the job and took 20 mins to return to based .
The base is in my room , it shows in my parents's room in map at the end of the job done.
with their kinder garten mapping technoligy , the vacuum will never clean my whole floor .
It is worst than the toy V5s pro I purchased from ******** 3 years ago, at least it can clean my whole floor.
Lucky me this time I bought it from amazon and I can return it.t

Dont buy it ! Save you money
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1869 posts
443 upvotes
Chi-tel wrote: Got the vacuum today, charged it half day.cleaned my second floor for 45 mins, the suction is ok, but the software is so stupid,
I have 4 rooms in my 2nd floors, The map shows 41 sqm for my floor, it cleaned 1 whole room, 2rooms less than half , and hall way less than 1/3. one room never got close and passed the wash room , then completed the job and took 20 mins to return to based .
The base is in my room , it shows in my parents's room in map at the end of the job done.
with their kinder garten mapping technoligy , the vacuum will never clean my whole floor .
It is worst than the toy V5s pro I purchased from ******** 3 years ago, at least it can clean my whole floor.
Lucky me this time I bought it from amazon and I can return it.t

Dont buy it ! Save you money
Damn, scathing bad news, looks like mine will be going back too after delivery.. Have the V5S pro too, was durable lasted 4 yrs so took a chance again from this company.. really wanted the dual vac and mop function with mapping.. Only Xiaomi sold their MI vacs on Amazon and price lower I would totally ditch this brand..
Jun 26, 2019
12 posts
4 upvotes
Got mine yesterday. Never had a robot vacuum before but wanted to pick one up for pet hair. Aside from not being able to connect the vacuum on the app, it’s been awesome. Manually vacuumed the main level of my house before running the robot vac and it managed to pick up a ton of hair and dust that was missed. The robot navigated it’s way around the house really well and got into every nook that it could fit into. Pleasantly surprised with this robo vac and hope it lasts the test of time.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1869 posts
443 upvotes
Tested mine today, was able to connect to the app, did a first run and it cleaned 95% of the rooms, see no problems yet. I find the build quality very good compared to my V5Spro, and is alot heavier vac. This Vac is surprisingly very quite, at low setting it picked up alot of small debris, like rice or pebbles the former vac had huge problems with at Max suction setting. The mapping seemed to work well, would do the standard zig zag patterns to clean efficenlty and would remember to go back to missed areas.. need to make more runs but find if it behaves same way as it does not store the maps..

Maybe OP got a dud but my V5sPro has lasted 4 yrs so maybe this one would be same.. going to dedicate old vac to mopping duties..
[OP]
Apr 18, 2004
847 posts
270 upvotes
did my second run yesterday.
Only for 2 bed room which clean less than 1/2 at frist time. both are with low carpet ,total arround 30 sqm, but shows 49 sqm, arround clean 3/4 only , map are totally wrong