[OP]
Aug 12, 2013
259 posts
175 upvotes
Brandon

[Amazon.ca] DOOM Hardcover Strategy Guide

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/074401725 ... ref=plSrch
41% off. $26.13
I decided to get it because I couldn't find any decent walk throughs online. And the ones I did find were youtube videos, which I feel like you waste too much time scrolling through the video trying to find what you are look for
29 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1017 posts
271 upvotes
Montreal
JordyRamone wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/074401725 ... ref=plSrch
41% off. $26.13
I decided to get it because I couldn't find any decent walk throughs online. And the ones I did find were youtube videos, which I feel like you waste too much time scrolling through the video trying to find what you are look for

Why does DOOM need a strategy book? IT'S DOOM, YOU SHOOT THINGS UNTIL THEY DIE AND THEN YOU MOVE ON.

there, I just saved you 26.13$
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2999 posts
1707 upvotes
I like these hard cover strategy guides.

I don't use them on the first playthrough and often don't use them as a guide in general. But they are usually really nice to look at and well made.

Plus sometimes they have handy charts about things I never would have thought about. Though those are usually RPGs.

Still, looks like a nice book. Especially as a gift for a Doom fan.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6367 posts
4585 upvotes
Ottawa
Wth. I've rarely seen people say 'thanks for posting but it does not appeal to me one bit. No clue why anyone would want this' haha. What a use of time!

With internet guides; it's hard to justify phyical guides for many games. The only one I have is Fallout 4, because it also came with a bunch of cool little things.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5535 posts
1615 upvotes
Toronto
sgmtl wrote: Why does DOOM need a strategy book? IT'S DOOM, YOU SHOOT THINGS UNTIL THEY DIE AND THEN YOU MOVE ON.

there, I just saved you 26.13$
this.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2795 upvotes
Washington, DC
Anyone thinking this strategy guide is going to be a collector's item, think twice
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Aug 12, 2013
259 posts
175 upvotes
Brandon
ez_86 wrote: this.
Obviously you guys haven't played doom. There is a ton so secrets and collectibles to find on the maps. I beat it already and probably only for 10% of the secrets.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5535 posts
1615 upvotes
Toronto
JordyRamone wrote: Obviously you guys haven't played doom. There is a ton so secrets and collectibles to find on the maps. I beat it already and probably only for 10% of the secrets.
we are comparing doom to games like zelda and final fantasy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2795 upvotes
Washington, DC
JordyRamone wrote: Obviously you guys haven't played doom. There is a ton so secrets and collectibles to find on the maps. I beat it already and probably only for 10% of the secrets.
You can find level guides for free online by typing 3 words into Google
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
[OP]
Aug 12, 2013
259 posts
175 upvotes
Brandon
lincoln wrote: You can find level guides for free online by typing 3 words into Google
Did you not see my original post? I was having trouble finding a decent one online. There might be better ones now, I dunno I havent checked in a while.

I guess someone can lock this thread cause all its getting is grief. Maybe I should keep my deals to myself.
May 26, 2012
121 posts
114 upvotes
Edmonton
JordyRamone wrote: Did you not see my original post? I was having trouble finding a decent one online. There might be better ones now, I dunno I havent checked in a while.

I guess someone can lock this thread cause all its getting is grief. Maybe I should keep my deals to myself.
Deal is a deal I would say. Although I don't have doom and have no reason to be in this thread it's still important as a community that everyone posts deals regardless of appeal.
Better off spending your money on this than the fake Uncharted 4 deal happening.
Thanked OP
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14864 posts
4370 upvotes
lincoln wrote: Anyone thinking this strategy guide is going to be a collector's item, think twice
Some go for $100 plus, so think twice.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1090 posts
469 upvotes
Ottawa
Lone_Prodigy wrote: Some go for $100 plus, so think twice.
Some do. Most are worthless. If you think you can predict which everyday items will be collectible, go for it. Most of the time you will be wrong.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14864 posts
4370 upvotes
McDealer wrote: Some do. Most are worthless. If you think you can predict which everyday items will be collectible, go for it. Most of the time you will be wrong.
I buy things I'd like to keep regardless of future value. This way I'm not returning mountains of items when they don't take off.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Jan 2, 2012
682 posts
171 upvotes
SASKATOON
lincoln wrote: Anyone thinking this strategy guide is going to be a collector's item, think twice
You never know. I sold a ratty old dog-eared strategy guide on eBay for The Dark Queen of Krynn a year or so ago for twice as much as I paid for it. Of course, it was probably only break even after 20 years of inflation.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4614 posts
1528 upvotes
Toronto
LOL at all the people who have probably never played the new DOOM game saying "It's DOOM, why do you need a strategy guide?". Yes, the game is heavy action, but there are tons of secrets too.

Personally this guide isn't for me, but the game itself has probably the best implementation of secrets, collectibles and upgrades for weapons I've seen in an FPS. Finding all of those secrets is a huge part of the fun in progressing through this game. I've put in probably close to 20 hours replaying levels and looking for secrets and completing weapon challenges.
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2089 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
The book is actually a good idea cause you don't have to watch that annoying Youtube guy scream whenever someone shoots at him in the walkthrough! :D
Dec 22, 2014
241 posts
99 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Corleone187 wrote: The book is actually a good idea cause you don't have to watch that annoying Youtube guy scream whenever someone shoots at him in the walkthrough! :D
Chris Evan?