• Nov 20th, 2019 3:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2290 posts
899 upvotes
London

[Amazon Canada] DOTD: Kicking Horse Coffee Up To 40% OFF

Noticed this Deal of the Day over at Amazon while looking for coffee beans. Now I just have to decide what to order!

Prices from:

1LB = $7.99
1KG = $16.49

S&S makes it a bit cheaper as well.
Last edited by tickyboy on Nov 19th, 2019 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
56 replies
Aug 15, 2018
70 posts
24 upvotes
Anybody use this coffee with breville barista express? If so which one would you recommend?
I'd like to try it since I've seen quite a bit of talk about this coffee around here.
Thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4772 posts
219 upvotes
Interesting ... i've always like their products.
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Apr 18, 2019
38 posts
38 upvotes
Thanks OP I got a 1kg of Kick-Ass!
Love their products.
Sep 23, 2007
42 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto (Downtown)
Teodore wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 6:39 am
Anybody use this coffee with breville barista express? If so which one would you recommend?
I'd like to try it since I've seen quite a bit of talk about this coffee around here.
Thanks.
I use the Cliffhanger Espresso roast in my Breville pretty frequently. It's good, but I prefer something a bit lighter tasting- I've tried the Smart Ass medium roast, which is pretty good also but I find it very hard to dial in the grind for some reason. For what it's worth, I have the Infuser model, but I don't think the machine actually matters for your question. The grinder is almost more important than the espresso machine for pulling a good shot. That said,
Oct 5, 2013
81 posts
28 upvotes
calgary
Teodore wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 6:39 am
Thanks.
you should use fresh beans (roasted within 2 weeks) to make espresso
Mar 31, 2005
877 posts
202 upvotes
How could this be the deal of the day when they were selling kick ass yesterday for $10, for a one pound bag plus an additional 30% off coupon for s and s?
It's more expensive today!!!
Apr 2, 2017
37 posts
32 upvotes
Heads up: check the weight of the pre-ground bags - a lot of them are less than a pound.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2979 posts
1044 upvotes
Montreal
rakuten 1% eh
Koodo & Tangerine & Voip.MS customer
May 17, 2012
514 posts
369 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks OP, just restocked my pantry. Great price! It's not uncommon for my local grocery to see the 1 lb at the price the 1 kg are currently at (i.e. 16$).

Note that not all beans seem to be at the same price ; wanted to order Grizzly Claw which is my favorite but it was slightly pricier than others for some reason.
Dec 3, 2009
268 posts
38 upvotes
values99club wrote:
Nov 19th, 2019 8:09 am
How could this be the deal of the day when they were selling kick ass yesterday for $10, for a one pound bag plus an additional 30% off coupon for s and s?
It's more expensive today!!!
Some people don't want the hassle of S and S? And I'm seeing $16 for 1KG and by my math, that's a better deal?
Nov 28, 2010
480 posts
250 upvotes
Thx for a good deal on decent beans. I like their hola in an aeropress !
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1899 posts
933 upvotes
I have been officially conditioned to never buy Kicking Horse at regular price given that they seem to be on deep discount at least once or twice a month. Kicking Horse is turning into the Gap/Banana Republic of coffee.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2012
1454 posts
981 upvotes
Lake Simcoe
At roughly $7.50/lb it's a no brainer to buy the 1kg bag from Amazon considering at Loblaws with PC points they are 8.20/lb.
Thank OP..... Bought 3kg of Cliff Hanger espresso beans. I love them as normal brewed coffee.