Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Dresden Files kindle edition $2.99 each (dead)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2020 12:10 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 2, 2015
8 posts
37 upvotes
Laval

[Amazon.ca] Dresden Files kindle edition $2.99 each (dead)

Just went on Amazon to see if I wanted to preorder a physical copy of the next book, Battle Ground, coming out September 29th and I noticed that the Kindle version was only 2.99.

I didn't go down the list, so there might be exceptions, but it seems like all the books in the series are 2.99 each as well, not terrible considering that even the digital box sets of six books come out to about 7.50 apiece.

It's a fantastic series, so hopefully someone else gets some use from this.

edit - some of the more recent books have gone up in price

edit 2 - all the prices are back to normal now
Last edited by MichaelF463824 on Sep 20th, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
28 replies
Dec 23, 2010
757 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
nice. I finally caved and I've been reading the entire series. just picked up Cold Days from the library gonna start that tonight. Now i just need the next one and I'll have the full series. Two books in one year ya'll Dresden fans have it nice. I'm a Wheel of Time guy. That's where I get my username. My guy didn't even make it.
Dec 17, 2017
13 posts
8 upvotes
In case anyone wants an even better deal, libgen is your friend when it comes to ebooks. But do support the author if you end up liking their work. Plus, physical books are always nice to have.

http://libgen.rs/fiction/?q=dresden+files
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
2020 posts
1418 upvotes
wolfkin wrote: nice. I finally caved and I've been reading the entire series. just picked up Cold Days from the library gonna start that tonight. Now i just need the next one and I'll have the full series. Two books in one year ya'll Dresden fans have it nice. I'm a Wheel of Time guy. That's where I get my username. My guy didn't even make it.
Ya was sad Robert Jordon died before he could finish. Sanderson did a decent job of finishing the books but you could tell there was stuff he struggled with (Mat initially for example). Man though Jordon used to pump out one of those beasts like every year for a while. If he hadn't died for sure would have had the sequels wrapped up that he always talked about by now...
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Mar 23, 2018
199 posts
71 upvotes
I love Dresden! Recently did a whole re-read of the series so I could read Peace Talks. Battle Ground kindle version is showing as $16.99 for me though. Skin Game is $10.99 and Peace Talks is also $16.99. Everything else is $2.99.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2015
8 posts
37 upvotes
Laval
zayzay wrote: Battle Ground kindle version is showing as $16.99 for me though. Skin Game is $10.99 and Peace Talks is also $16.99. Everything else is $2.99.
Maybe just because it was my first post, it took about a day for it to get approved, so I guess after I bought it that was enough time for them to catch on.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2015
8 posts
37 upvotes
Laval
astfgl wrote: In case anyone wants an even better deal, libgen is your friend when it comes to ebooks. But do support the author if you end up liking their work. Plus, physical books are always nice to have.

http://libgen.rs/fiction/?q=dresden+files
Yeah, absolutely. I'm normally pretty shameless about using libgen, but for the price and the guarantee of having it day one, I thought I could spare 2.99.

I'm a collector (or maybe a hoarder) at heart, so I do love picking up physical books, but for a series as long as this, it's a bit of an investment, especially since I was reading a book every day or two.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2166 posts
375 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Thanks for posting! I own all of these books in physical copies but the past 2-3 years I have stopped buying physical books both because I ran out of space to keep books and because I got used to holding books with 1 hand on my kindle and now find reading hardcover books incredibly awkward.

Will be buying these again in Kindle format. I have recently picked up the full series in audiobooks as well, which I'm listening to now in order to refresh my memory for the release of the next book.
Dec 11, 2008
308 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Excellent series for fantasy fans.
Not only is it a modern take on the genre but it also has its funny moments.

I just wish Jim Butcher could bring them out a bit quicker, like monthly. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Mar 23, 2018
199 posts
71 upvotes
Canuck_TO wrote: Excellent series for fantasy fans.
Not only is it a modern take on the genre but it also has its funny moments.

I just wish Jim Butcher could bring them out a bit quicker, like monthly. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
I find Kevin Hearne’s stuff isn’t bad. Lots more funny moments, not as dark as Dresden.

Any recommendations for similar books? Curious to know what other people who like Dresden read :)
Dec 17, 2017
13 posts
8 upvotes
Not really along the same lines (fantasy noir is kind of a unique genre), but Joe Abercrombie's "First Law" and associated series is always a popular one, as well as Scott Bakker's "Second Apocalypse", Mark Lawrence's "Broken Empire" and "Red Queen's War", and Scott Lynch's excellent "Gentleman Bastard" series.

Edit:
Can't believe I forgot to mention the series that Butcher admitted had a big influence on the Dresden Files: Roger Zelazny's "Amber Chronicles".
Dec 11, 2008
308 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
zayzay wrote: I find Kevin Hearne’s stuff isn’t bad. Lots more funny moments, not as dark as Dresden.

Any recommendations for similar books? Curious to know what other people who like Dresden read :)
A longtime fan of SciFi and Fantasy. I think I could bore you to death talking about this. :-)

I'm all over the place with what I read as I also like spy novels and horror (Robert Ludlum, Ken Follett, Lee Childs, Dean Koontz and to a lesser degree Stephen King), but something that stood out for me recently has been Brandon Sandersons' 'The Stormlight Archive'. I really liked the first three books and the fourth is coming out in November.
It's not really anything like The Dresden Files as I can only compare Dresden to series I've read in SciFi like Robert Asprin's Phule series, which is more light hearted than Dresden. Also, Harry Harrisons' 'The Stainless Steel Rat' series.

On the SciFi side, I found 'Snow Crash' recently (by Neal Stephenson) and I'm stumped why I've never heard of this book before, especially since it was a huge influence on VR and augmented reality as well as how forward thinking it was.
Piers Anthony is also a good read.
Patrick Rothfuss The Kingkiller Chronicle series is great but the third book is a long time coming.
Oct 15, 2014
411 posts
266 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
Same price on Kobo, if you want to avoid the scummy corporation that is Amazon.
Dec 23, 2010
757 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Canuck_TO wrote: A longtime fan of SciFi and Fantasy. I think I could bore you to death talking about this. :-)

I'm all over the place with what I read as I also like spy novels and horror (Robert Ludlum, Ken Follett, Lee Childs, Dean Koontz and to a lesser degree Stephen King), but something that stood out for me recently has been Brandon Sandersons' 'The Stormlight Archive'. I really liked the first three books and the fourth is coming out in November.
It's not really anything like The Dresden Files as I can only compare Dresden to series I've read in SciFi like Robert Asprin's Phule series, which is more light hearted than Dresden. Also, Harry Harrisons' 'The Stainless Steel Rat' series.

On the SciFi side, I found 'Snow Crash' recently (by Neal Stephenson) and I'm stumped why I've never heard of this book before, especially since it was a huge influence on VR and augmented reality as well as how forward thinking it was.
Piers Anthony is also a good read.
Patrick Rothfuss The Kingkiller Chronicle series is great but the third book is a long time coming.
As another fan I could die just listening to people tell me about the cool books I haven't finished yet. like I rather like Phule and the Myth series. How you missed Snow Crash is amazing but honestly it's been on my to read list as well as Altered Carbon. I haven't dipped into Follett, Childs or Koontz yet though. I know them by name but I don't know the books. Might have to look into that.