Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear 3 Inches FHD Cars Dashboard- $39.90 ($30 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 8:01 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2018
53 posts
47 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear 3 Inches FHD Cars Dashboard- $39.90 ($30 off)

Campark Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear 3 Inches FHD Cars Dashboard Waterproof Backup Camera Recorder with Night Vision, Parking Mode, 170° Wide Angle, Driving Loop Recording and G-Sensor

Regular Price- $69.90 Clipped coupon of $30. It includes the rear cam.
37 replies
Oct 16, 2018
56 posts
132 upvotes
Any good ? Should I should I not ? Currently I have Jeemak front and rear. Can I use Jeemak rear with this ?
[OP]
Nov 13, 2018
53 posts
47 upvotes
Just ordered it, reading the Amazon reviews. Hopefully, this will be good.
Oct 24, 2016
878 posts
737 upvotes
ON
Just a heads up: it has a lithium ion battery and not a capacitor.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3615 posts
3710 upvotes
Vancouver
You would think these cheap dashcam manufacturers would be getting better at the fake reviews by now. :rolleyes:

I know it's hard to judge, but here's a good rule of thumb: If it doesn't state the sensor used, it's probably not very good. There are only a few manufacturers of quality dashcam sensors, and their model lineup is well known and the quality easily comparable in Youtube videos. Any quality product will state what sensor it is using, because it's the most important and most expensive part. If they don't say what it is, it's because it's the cheapest crap they could find.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 4th, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2009
122 posts
52 upvotes
Holystone wrote: Just a heads up: it has a lithium ion battery and not a capacitor.
Which means it suffers from stress when exposed to heat, so does keeping a cell at a high charge voltage.
for example, remember the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 events?? it kept on exploding and recalling and I ended never received my pre-order :(
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
15094 posts
16048 upvotes
Oakville
Scote64 wrote: You would think these cheap dashcam manufacturers would be getting better at the fake reviews by now. :rolleyes:

I know it's hard to judge, but here's a good rule of thumb: If it doesn't state the sensor used, it's probably not very good. There are only a few manufacturers of quality dashcam sensors, and their model lineup is well known and the quality easily comparable in Youtube videos. Any quality product will state what sensor it is using, because it's the most important and most expensive part. If they don't say what it is, it's because it's the cheapest crap they could find.
Why do you say that about the reviews? I thought the same until I looked at a few. Even fakespot gives it a B, for what that's worth. I bet it performs exactly as you'd expect a $40 dual dashcam to work.
I do agree about the no name sensor.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3615 posts
3710 upvotes
Vancouver
engineered wrote: Why do you say that about the reviews? I thought the same until I looked at a few. Even fakespot gives it a B, for what that's worth. I bet it performs exactly as you'd expect a $40 dual dashcam to work.
I do agree about the no name sensor.
Dashcams are a product where even the best moderately priced ones are a compromise. The video quality is typically good, but not great. It's worse at night, you can't read licence plates, the exposure isn't quite right - that sort of thing. They can be complex to operate, with various UI problems. The mounting isn't perfect, the cord isn't long enough, the screen is too small or too big, the microSD slot is awkward to access etc.. It's missing some feature like WiFi or super-capacitor power...

You get the idea - they aren't perfect, and neither are the reviews. Unless you're a cheap-ass product on Amazon that appears way underpriced and has vague non-brand-name components - those always start out with an amazing run of 5 star reviews posted within days of first appearance.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
8720 posts
5095 upvotes
Toronto
You get what you pay for with no-name dash cams, these things are all over Aliexpress for the same price.
Nov 16, 2013
350 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote: Dashcams are a product where even the best moderately priced ones are a compromise. The video quality is typically good, but not great. It's worse at night, you can't read licence plates, the exposure isn't quite right - that sort of thing. They can be complex to operate, with various UI problems. The mounting isn't perfect, the cord isn't long enough, the screen is too small or too big, the microSD slot is awkward to access etc.. It's missing some feature like WiFi or super-capacitor power...

You get the idea - they aren't perfect, and neither are the reviews. Unless you're a cheap-ass product on Amazon that appears way underpriced and has vague non-brand-name components - those always start out with an amazing run of 5 star reviews posted within days of first appearance.
Damn. This here explains why trying to find a good one for my bf has been so hard. Can anyone point me to a good one they've had personal experience with?
Nov 16, 2013
226 posts
356 upvotes
New Brunswick
n31290 wrote: Damn. This here explains why trying to find a good one for my bf has been so hard. Can anyone point me to a good one they've had personal experience with?
I have been using an Aukey one for 6 months. Works well. Plan on getting another for my wife’s car.

Go for Aukey if ordering on Amazon.
Last edited by EverJay on Jul 6th, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 5, 2008
716 posts
415 upvotes
Do any of them allow you to save a clip and not have it overwritten? I have a Jeemak and another brand I can't recall and they loop record. Many times I see something I want to save the last few minutes of video to review or use later but continue with the recording.
Oct 20, 2013
983 posts
338 upvotes
Chambly, QC
I have this camera.
It’s working really well.
Picture is really clear and it has a large angle view!
Sons recording is really clear also.
You can’t go wrong at this price!
I have not installed the backup camera yet, but only the dash cam worth it.
The bundle is very complete.

One advice: place the camera where the wipers are cleaning!! Otherwise you won’t record sh*t during winter!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3615 posts
3710 upvotes
Vancouver
shadowsteve wrote: Do any of them allow you to save a clip and not have it overwritten? I have a Jeemak and another brand I can't recall and they loop record. Many times I see something I want to save the last few minutes of video to review or use later but continue with the recording.
Most of them have a Protect function to mark the current video clip (or one you are reviewing) as not to be overwritten. But in most cases it's impractical to use because the UI is too awkward to access while driving. The better solution is to make sure you have a larger microSD card that can hold several hours of video before being overwritten, and then just download the video when you get home. Larger microSD cards also offer the benefit of longer life in a dashcam because they aren't overwritten as often, and usually a larger standard card using TLC memory is the same price as a smaller "high endurance" card using MLC memory.