Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear 3 Inches FHD Cars Dashboard- $39.90 ($30 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 8:01 pm
Nov 13, 2018
153 posts
183 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear 3 Inches FHD Cars Dashboard- $39.90 ($30 off)

Campark Dual Dash Cam Front and Rear 3 Inches FHD Cars Dashboard Waterproof Backup Camera Recorder with Night Vision, Parking Mode, 170° Wide Angle, Driving Loop Recording and G-Sensor

Regular Price- $69.90 Clipped coupon of $30. It includes the rear cam.
37 replies
Oct 16, 2018
97 posts
195 upvotes
Any good ? Should I should I not ? Currently I have Jeemak front and rear. Can I use Jeemak rear with this ?
Nov 13, 2018
153 posts
183 upvotes
Just ordered it, reading the Amazon reviews. Hopefully, this will be good.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1525 posts
1657 upvotes
ON
Just a heads up: it has a lithium ion battery and not a capacitor.
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
You would think these cheap dashcam manufacturers would be getting better at the fake reviews by now. :rolleyes:

I know it's hard to judge, but here's a good rule of thumb: If it doesn't state the sensor used, it's probably not very good. There are only a few manufacturers of quality dashcam sensors, and their model lineup is well known and the quality easily comparable in Youtube videos. Any quality product will state what sensor it is using, because it's the most important and most expensive part. If they don't say what it is, it's because it's the cheapest crap they could find.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 4th, 2020 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 22, 2009
626 posts
315 upvotes
Holystone wrote: Just a heads up: it has a lithium ion battery and not a capacitor.
Which means it suffers from stress when exposed to heat, so does keeping a cell at a high charge voltage.
for example, remember the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 events?? it kept on exploding and recalling and I ended never received my pre-order :(
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Scote64 wrote: You would think these cheap dashcam manufacturers would be getting better at the fake reviews by now. :rolleyes:

I know it's hard to judge, but here's a good rule of thumb: If it doesn't state the sensor used, it's probably not very good. There are only a few manufacturers of quality dashcam sensors, and their model lineup is well known and the quality easily comparable in Youtube videos. Any quality product will state what sensor it is using, because it's the most important and most expensive part. If they don't say what it is, it's because it's the cheapest crap they could find.
Why do you say that about the reviews? I thought the same until I looked at a few. Even fakespot gives it a B, for what that's worth. I bet it performs exactly as you'd expect a $40 dual dashcam to work.
I do agree about the no name sensor.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
engineered wrote: Why do you say that about the reviews? I thought the same until I looked at a few. Even fakespot gives it a B, for what that's worth. I bet it performs exactly as you'd expect a $40 dual dashcam to work.
I do agree about the no name sensor.
Dashcams are a product where even the best moderately priced ones are a compromise. The video quality is typically good, but not great. It's worse at night, you can't read licence plates, the exposure isn't quite right - that sort of thing. They can be complex to operate, with various UI problems. The mounting isn't perfect, the cord isn't long enough, the screen is too small or too big, the microSD slot is awkward to access etc.. It's missing some feature like WiFi or super-capacitor power...

You get the idea - they aren't perfect, and neither are the reviews. Unless you're a cheap-ass product on Amazon that appears way underpriced and has vague non-brand-name components - those always start out with an amazing run of 5 star reviews posted within days of first appearance.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13237 posts
12063 upvotes
Toronto
You get what you pay for with no-name dash cams, these things are all over Aliexpress for the same price.
Nov 16, 2013
554 posts
392 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote: Dashcams are a product where even the best moderately priced ones are a compromise. The video quality is typically good, but not great. It's worse at night, you can't read licence plates, the exposure isn't quite right - that sort of thing. They can be complex to operate, with various UI problems. The mounting isn't perfect, the cord isn't long enough, the screen is too small or too big, the microSD slot is awkward to access etc.. It's missing some feature like WiFi or super-capacitor power...

You get the idea - they aren't perfect, and neither are the reviews. Unless you're a cheap-ass product on Amazon that appears way underpriced and has vague non-brand-name components - those always start out with an amazing run of 5 star reviews posted within days of first appearance.
Damn. This here explains why trying to find a good one for my bf has been so hard. Can anyone point me to a good one they've had personal experience with?
Nov 16, 2013
253 posts
415 upvotes
New Brunswick
n31290 wrote: Damn. This here explains why trying to find a good one for my bf has been so hard. Can anyone point me to a good one they've had personal experience with?
I have been using an Aukey one for 6 months. Works well. Plan on getting another for my wife’s car.

Go for Aukey if ordering on Amazon.
Last edited by EverJay on Jul 6th, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
2178 posts
2040 upvotes
By the Large Bay
Do any of them allow you to save a clip and not have it overwritten? I have a Jeemak and another brand I can't recall and they loop record. Many times I see something I want to save the last few minutes of video to review or use later but continue with the recording.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2013
1332 posts
662 upvotes
Chambly, QC
I have this camera.
It’s working really well.
Picture is really clear and it has a large angle view!
Sons recording is really clear also.
You can’t go wrong at this price!
I have not installed the backup camera yet, but only the dash cam worth it.
The bundle is very complete.

One advice: place the camera where the wipers are cleaning!! Otherwise you won’t record sh*t during winter!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
shadowsteve wrote: Do any of them allow you to save a clip and not have it overwritten? I have a Jeemak and another brand I can't recall and they loop record. Many times I see something I want to save the last few minutes of video to review or use later but continue with the recording.
Most of them have a Protect function to mark the current video clip (or one you are reviewing) as not to be overwritten. But in most cases it's impractical to use because the UI is too awkward to access while driving. The better solution is to make sure you have a larger microSD card that can hold several hours of video before being overwritten, and then just download the video when you get home. Larger microSD cards also offer the benefit of longer life in a dashcam because they aren't overwritten as often, and usually a larger standard card using TLC memory is the same price as a smaller "high endurance" card using MLC memory.
Sep 14, 2018
395 posts
653 upvotes
Does this come with instructions and necessary equipment to hard wire this...would the back up be activated when I put my vehicle in reverse?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
soupmaster666 wrote: Is the quality of the footage very good? I've never heard of Campark before. Their website is pretty broken but at least it is a camera company. I think personally I'd rather spend a few extra bucks on a camera I know is going to be reliable when I need it.
It's $40 for dual cameras. I would usually say, "how good do you think it's gonna be?" but then the reviews look pretty good. Granted these ppl may not have used anything better, which is always something to be wary of with Amazon reviews. Even if they aren't fake, a lot of people don't know any better either.

But yeah spending more is a good idea, but it's gonna be more than "a few extra bucks" to get something that's dual and good. For $40 this seems...not that bad actually. But who knows about reliability either.
zigmanroxie wrote: Does this come with instructions and necessary equipment to hard wire this...would the back up be activated when I put my vehicle in reverse?
I would also usually say, "it's a dashcam not a backup camera" but it seems like this too functions as a backup camera as well, lol.

For $40 I don't think you can complain here. I just spent over $300 or eight times what this costs for something I won't even get for a month looks like, while this will get to you the next day from Amazon warehouse. That's a huge price difference and I'm wondering now if it's even worth it :lol:

Edit: Looks like the deal is not as good as it was--coupon showing up as $25 now.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
ES_Revenge wrote: It's $40 for dual cameras. I would usually say, "how good do you think it's gonna be?" but then the reviews look pretty good. Granted these ppl may not have used anything better, which is always something to be wary of with Amazon reviews. Even if they aren't fake, a lot of people don't know any better either.

But yeah spending more is a good idea, but it's gonna be more than "a few extra bucks" to get something that's dual and good. For $40 this seems...not that bad actually. But who knows about reliability either.

I would also usually say, "it's a dashcam not a backup camera" but it seems like this too functions as a backup camera as well, lol.

For $40 I don't think you can complain here. I just spent over $300 or eight times what this costs for something I won't even get for a month looks like, while this will get to you the next day from Amazon warehouse. That's a huge price difference and I'm wondering now if it's even worth it :lol:

Edit: Looks like the deal is not as good as it was--coupon showing up as $25 now.
+1. 90% of a dashcam's usefulness is served with a 480p camera. Most often all you need to prove is where the cars were at the time of the incident. Very rarely do you need 4K resolution, and good luck getting that through a dirty windshield, or having the licence plate in perfect lighting and not blurred as it's speeding away.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
engineered wrote: +1. 90% of a dashcam's usefulness is served with a 480p camera. Most often all you need to prove is where the cars were at the time of the incident. Very rarely do you need 4K resolution, and good luck getting that through a dirty windshield, or having the licence plate in perfect lighting and not blurred as it's speeding away.
I have to agree with that. Why procrastinate and put off buying a dashcam because you haven't found the ideal one at a bargain price, when every day you are taking the chance that this is the day you will really wish you had one?

I would say that in more than half of the car accidents I have ever been involved in as a driver or passenger, the other driver lied their ass off in a vain attempt to avoid liability (people are so dishonest! Face Screaming In Fear). In cases where I was driving I sometimes had to go to a lot of work to demonstrate that these scumbags were lying, but in the few more recent cases where I had a dashcam, they didn't even try, knowing it was hopeless.