[Amazon Canada] Ebates.ca - 8% Cashback at Amazon.ca on EVERYTHING

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2019 8:57 pm
Penalty Box
Sep 30, 2011
1530 posts
284 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
So how exactly ebates work, I just follow ebates website link to Amazon but nothing happen with my purchase, this is yesterday Jan 10.
<No political content in signatures>
Jul 15, 2008
807 posts
131 upvotes
Edge
aos007 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:00 pm
That's very worrying. 2 years ago they didn't pay me cashback for the monitor I bought from Dell, claiming I didn't go through them. This time I made absolutely sure I went through their webiste and still no cashback. Am I the only person with negative experience with ebates? I mean, you have no way to prove you purchased anything so they can deny payments at will.
Yes you can prove it, they need only your transaction number on ebates site and order confirmation.
Jan 1, 2014
11 posts
3 upvotes
CHILLIWACK
signup wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:06 pm
Yes you can prove it, they need only your transaction number on ebates site and order confirmation.
Unless your visit magically disappears like some of my orders from the 12% day on amazon
Jul 11, 2007
344 posts
42 upvotes
GTA
thanks OP. too late for me, order a Onkyo receiver on amazon yesterday but too late to cancel today; amazon said it's prepare to ship already. trying to find something to buy now ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
7764 posts
2157 upvotes
Toronto
JohnW57910 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:14 pm
What are people even getting off Amazon? Do Apple products work?
i'm not aware of any XXX Apple products that will get people off no matter how much $YYY they pay.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Mar 7, 2011
187 posts
24 upvotes
Got only 1% instead of 12% from last times 12% sale. Sent them an email never got a response. Over it.
Sep 13, 2015
445 posts
316 upvotes
Alberta
I made 2 purchases on the 12% day in December and hadn't seen my cash back. So this morning, I submitted the "where's my cash" form and instantly my account was credited with the 12% on each of my purchases. It was very quick and simple with instant results.
Jun 5, 2018
52 posts
38 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
WontonNoodle wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:27 pm
Got only 1% instead of 12% from last times 12% sale. Sent them an email never got a response. Over it.
EDIT

Seems I read things totally wrong... was supposed to get 12%. Sorry for confusing things more.

Likely the purchase was either Fulfilled by amazon.ca and not shipped and sold by amazon.ca. Though I obviously don't know for sure how your purchase went - clearly some people are having glitches and getting them fixed in the end

Their Warehouse deals also don't work, has to be fully sold and shipped by them.

On that 12% day I made two purchases , one that was just fulfilled one shipped and sold by amazon.ca . Got 1% on the fulfilled item, 12% on the other.

EDIT* Grammar, and general post...
Last edited by brwnthndr on Jan 11th, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 13, 2015
445 posts
316 upvotes
Alberta
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:34 pm
Likely the purchase was either Fulfilled by amazon.ca and not shipped and sold by amazon.ca. Though I obviously don't know for sure how your purchase went - clearly some people are having glitches and getting them fixed in the end

Their Warehouse deals also don't work, has to be fully sold and shipped by them.

On that 12% day I made two purchases , one that was just fulfilled one shipped and sold by amazon.ca . Got 1% on the fulfilled item, 12% on the other.

EDIT* Grammar
Hmm... So a purchase that I want to make on an item that is shipped and sold by noblechairs would NOT qualify for the 8% ?
Nov 6, 2018
766 posts
467 upvotes
Does anyone have the full T&C of the current ebates 8% CB deal?
Last edited by Gtaphotog on Jan 11th, 2019 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 5, 2018
52 posts
38 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
Lush78 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:44 pm
Hmm... So a purchase that I want to make on an item that is shipped and sold by noblechairs would NOT qualify for the 8% ?
Honestly, I haven't read though the T&C on this 8% back deal - So can't say 100%.

But, on the 12% back day it needed to be shipped and sold by amazon.ca not just sold on the site or fulfilled by them
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4653 posts
4801 upvotes
Both ebates and Amazon should have a record. From ebates, it is the TripID and you can find it under your ebate account. The Amazon order/transaction number can confirm that you made the purchase.

Seeing many people have problems getting the rebates, there are only two reasons:
(1) if you get the incorrect % of the rebate, but getting the rebate posts, the problem comes from ebate
(2) if you don't get any rebate post at all, 99% is the problem from your machine and/or the way you activating ebates while making the purchase.

- if you are using the browser, Ebate and the online retailers rely on the cookie to track the rebate on each item. Anything blocking the cookie will disable the rebate tracking. Using your Work Computer/Tablet/Smartphone browser may not guarantee the cookie enabled properly. Using your personal Laptop or Desktop should give you a higher success rate of tracking. You can use the browser in Incognito/Private mode, it shouldn't have any impact. Some software/Apps (such as AnitVirus, Ad Blocker, PopUp Blocker, etc..) will impact the cookie tracking as well, make sure you setup this software properly or disable them before clicking ebate.

- If you use ebate App, I have no idea since i have never used it. However, using App should be more reliable as the company relies on its own mechanism on tracking the rebate
aos007 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:00 pm
That's very worrying. 2 years ago they didn't pay me cashback for the monitor I bought from Dell, claiming I didn't go through them. This time I made absolutely sure I went through their webiste and still no cashback. Am I the only person with negative experience with ebates? I mean, you have no way to prove you purchased anything so they can deny payments at will.
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 11th, 2019 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4653 posts
4801 upvotes
On the 12% day, it is either 0% or 12%. If you only get 1% on the fulfilled one, that means ebate didn't track it properly. Under ebate T&C, they only care about the category, S&S, and payment method. Of course, the item has to be shipped by Amazon.ca. You won't get any rebate if the item is shipped by marketplace seller.
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:34 pm

EDIT* Grammar
Jun 5, 2018
52 posts
38 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
lcmt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:57 pm
On the 12% day, it is either 0% or 12%. If you only get 1% on the fulfilled one, that means ebate didn't track it properly. Under ebate T&C, they only care about the category, S&S, and payment method. Of course, the item has to be shipped by Amazon.ca. You won't get any rebate if the item is shipped by marketplace seller.
Oh ya? Hmmm guess I was reading things wrong. - I'll definitely send them an email about it
Thanks for the info and keeping me from misinforming others more... haha
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2009
4653 posts
4801 upvotes
Yes, you should get 12%. If your item does not qualify for the rebate, you won't even get 1%. If you get 1%, that means your item is qualified for the rebate and you should get 12%, not 1% on the 12% promotion day. This should apply the same for this 8% promotion
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:02 pm
Oh ya? Hmmm guess I was reading things wrong. - I'll definitely send them an email about it
Thanks for the info and keeping me from misinforming others more... haha
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 11th, 2019 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 34 users viewing this thread. (21 members and 13 guests)

Hensta8, cayuga2305, tonyny, snoopdog69, MonkeyDeal, WalterHenrike, swtyty, yydmay, Acro, romeoz, Chucky7698, PapaQBear, NKode, rocque, enigma54, teamcritter, specialoffers, ParkingPandas, Irbe, mikeyyz, Benlehot