Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Ebates.ca - 8% Cashback at Amazon.ca on EVERYTHING

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2019 2:04 pm
Sep 17, 2014
51 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I don't know about you guys, but I bought a pair of subs from amazon on the 12% day - it was a marketplace seller and was not fulfilled by amazon and I got my 12%.
It didn't post automatically, so I did talk to ebates via online chat - due to the $ value they had to request supervisor approval, and i got the email same night saying it's been posted.

could be YMMV but it worked for me. Nowhere on ebates states it wouldn't give you rebate for marketplace sellers. That's only on BestBuy's page, not amazon.
Jun 5, 2018
101 posts
137 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
As lcmt has cleared up for me, I was just wrong and had something go wrong with one of my two orders that day.

Should have gotten 12% on them all. Again - sorry for confusing things
joejoe3 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:07 pm
I don't know about you guys, but I bought a pair of subs from amazon on the 12% day - it was a marketplace seller and was not fulfilled by amazon and I got my 12%.
It didn't post automatically, so I did talk to ebates via online chat - due to the $ value they had to request supervisor approval, and i got the email same night saying it's been posted.

could be YMMV but it worked for me. Nowhere on ebates states it wouldn't give you rebate for marketplace sellers. That's only on BestBuy's page, not amazon.
Jul 15, 2008
843 posts
150 upvotes
Edge
Grumpyone wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:10 pm
Unless your visit magically disappears like some of my orders from the 12% day on amazon
In that case, there's something wrong, could be ad block or something else. Always double check on Ebates site your shopping trips if it registered.
Last edited by signup on Jan 11th, 2019 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 17, 2014
51 posts
51 upvotes
Calgary, AB
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:10 pm
As lcmt has cleared up for me, I was just wrong and had something go wrong with one of my two orders that day.

For my order, i still go it even when it wasn't fulfilled and shipped from an amazon fulfillment center - it was shipped directly from the market seller.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5197 posts
5745 upvotes
Anything not shipped by Amazon.ca should NOT qualify for the rebate. Otherwise, this is big loophole. You are probably just lucky that the CSR and supervisor didn't pay attention.
joejoe3 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:07 pm

Last edited by lcmt on Jan 11th, 2019 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5197 posts
5745 upvotes
You won't get any rebate if it is NOT shipped by Amazon.ca, but you should get the rebate from all FBR (Fulfilled by Amazon) items
joejoe3 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:13 pm
For my order, i still go it even when it wasn't fulfilled and shipped from an amazon fulfillment center - it was shipped directly from the market seller.
Last edited by lcmt on Jan 11th, 2019 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 7, 2006
7 posts
Does anyone know if this would work for an item that is sold by Amazon but states that the item will be "In stock on January 17, 2019. "?

I can place an order right now, but I am not sure if the rebate will apply.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5197 posts
5745 upvotes
You will get the 8% rebate as long as you still see 8% rebate when you submit the Amazon order. Shipping schedule doesn't impact the rebate at all.
bboris77 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:20 pm
Does anyone know if this would work for an item that is sold by Amazon but states that the item will be "In stock on January 17, 2019. "?

I can place an order right now, but I am not sure if the rebate will apply.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2018
3429 posts
2438 upvotes
lcmt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:17 pm
You won't get any rebate if it is NOT shipped by Amazon.ca, but you should get the rebate from all FBR (Fulfilled by Amazon) items
*FBA
Jun 5, 2018
101 posts
137 upvotes
Moore Park, ON
Yup... you pointed that out already and I responded to my error.
brwnthndr wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:10 pm

joejoe3 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:13 pm
Jan 13, 2016
82 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Why are the apple airpods marked up so high!? Even with 8% back it's more expensive
Dec 22, 2012
380 posts
106 upvotes
Toronto
CocoNutt wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 4:53 pm
Why are the apple airpods marked up so high!? Even with 8% back it's more expensive
3rd party resellers.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
1546 posts
1415 upvotes
Alberta
Just wanted to share a customer service experience from a friend of mine. He got this email today from ebates after submitting a "where's my cash" yesterday. Pretty impressive CS if you ask me...

Our records indicate that you did not click through Ebates Canada to place this Shoppers Drug Mart Beauty order #XXXXXXXX, but as a courtesy, we have updated your account to reflect this purchase.

In the future, please be sure that you are clicking through Ebates prior to placing your order. As outlined on our website, our stores only pay us when a purchase is made by first clicking through Ebates. This is what enables us to pass the Cash Back on toyou.
Aug 7, 2011
28 posts
19 upvotes
Burlington
Are the fire tablets considered Kindle devices? More specifically are they eligible for ebates?

I seem to remember in the past they were called the kindle fire, but kindle seems to have been removed from the product name
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2008
1851 posts
330 upvotes
signup wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:06 pm
Yes you can prove it, they need only your transaction number on ebates site and order confirmation.
What transaction number on ebates site? Their website simply forwards you to the seller's website after showing you a "all is ok" message. There is nothing logged on the ebates accounts to indicate that I've clicked through.