Amazon.ca

Echelon EX-3 Smart Connect Fitness Bike (White) $498.32

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2021 10:37 am
[OP]
Feb 21, 2008
125 posts
175 upvotes
kobaja wrote: How does this compare to "Echelon Connect Sport Indoor Spin Bike" ?
Flywheel weights:
EX-3 -- 33 lbs
Connect Sport -- 15 lbs

Heavier is better.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1053 posts
205 upvotes
SPYderBra wrote: Mine from September 17th was charged this weekend. Did not ship yet.

Anyone from that batch manage to get the 1 year subscription for registering as Costco us?
Mine has been shipped and due to arrive next Monday. Any luck finding the 'how-to' thread for the 1-year subscription via Costco US?
Jun 16, 2021
156 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
humansoul wrote: Mine has been shipped and due to arrive next Monday. Any luck finding the 'how-to' thread for the 1-year subscription via Costco US?
The thread summary here has the info:

echelon-connect-sport-spin-bike-699-99- ... 1-2417655/

However, hence my question, I am unaware if it is still working (have not received my bike to have the model number)
May 7, 2019
74 posts
113 upvotes
motorhead wrote: Flywheel weights:
EX-3 -- 33 lbs
Connect Sport -- 15 lbs

Heavier is better.
Thanks! Wonder if the schwinn ic3 would be more comparable then. Has a flywheel weight of 40 lbs?
Sep 17, 2006
423 posts
157 upvotes
SPYderBra wrote: The thread summary here has the info:

However, hence my question, I am unaware if it is still working (have not received my bike to have the model number)
The 1 year free sub still works. I redeemed it with this bike less than a month ago. Having said that, I’ve been using the 1 month free trial with peloton and automatic resistance and end up sticking to that.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2008
125 posts
175 upvotes
kobaja wrote: Thanks! Wonder if the schwinn ic3 would be more comparable then. Has a flywheel weight of 40 lbs?
IC4 would be closer to the EX-3 as they both use magnetic resistance.

I believe the IC3 uses friction pads??
Jun 16, 2021
156 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
RobotsAnger wrote: The 1 year free sub still works. I redeemed it with this bike less than a month ago. Having said that, I’ve been using the 1 month free trial with peloton and automatic resistance and end up sticking to that.
Wait, so you rather pay for peloton after the 1 month trial than sticking with the free (12 months) echelon app?

Any more tips on the apps?
May 7, 2019
74 posts
113 upvotes
motorhead wrote: IC4 would be closer to the EX-3 as they both use magnetic resistance.

I believe the IC3 uses friction pads??
I think you are correct, and that ic4 is like 850? So...this was definitely a steal for those of you who were able to get it! Congrats!
Sep 17, 2006
423 posts
157 upvotes
SPYderBra wrote: Wait, so you rather pay for peloton after the 1 month trial than sticking with the free (12 months) echelon app?

Any more tips on the apps?
Yeah but it’s a personal preference. I prefer the auto resistance and classes from peloton but I would suggest you try out both yourself. For peloton I needed to purchase an additional app called qdomyos-zwift to get the auto follow to work.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1053 posts
205 upvotes
SPYderBra wrote: The thread summary here has the info:

Thanks! I glanced over the information and people appear to still be successful from postings in the summer. Also, some have reported success using a fake registration code, so I guess that works if you wanted to test.

I'll give it a go once I have the bike next week.
Jun 16, 2021
156 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
RobotsAnger wrote: Yeah but it’s a personal preference. I prefer the auto resistance and classes from peloton but I would suggest you try out both yourself. For peloton I needed to purchase an additional app called qdomyos-zwift to get the auto follow to work.
Thanks, will certainly give it a try specially as Peloton's membership is much cheaper than Echelon's
Last edited by SPYderBra on Oct 12th, 2021 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 15, 2018
901 posts
1338 upvotes
Rob fords basement
Ya the seat is horrible, i got mine last week and after 10 minutes of riding my entire crotch falls asleep. I've never had my weiner fall asleep and go numb before, weird and uncomfortable sensation. These seats are horrible. Order a new one in advance.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1457 posts
3620 upvotes
raptors909 wrote: thanks OP. Was about to waste $2000 on a peleton but this will hold me over. Gotta save money for diapers lol
Get the qz swift app as well. Will make your bike act just like a peloton to the peloton app even
Jul 15, 2018
901 posts
1338 upvotes
Rob fords basement
How does the peloton classes compare to echelon? I think the auto resistance will be much better as i hate changing it manually during a spin class but is the experience really that much better?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3041 posts
2344 upvotes
Assembled yesterday, seems like a really nice bike. Very pleased.

Yes, the bad seat reviews are real. Seat replacement is a must!

Freestyle mode with no payment is the working without issue.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1053 posts
205 upvotes
humansoul wrote: Thanks! I glanced over the information and people appear to still be successful from postings in the summer. Also, some have reported success using a fake registration code, so I guess that works if you wanted to test.

I'll give it a go once I have the bike next week.
@SPYderBra Successfully used the Costco registration and got a one year subscription. Chatted with the agent soon afterwards and cancelled the auto-renewal for a quick and easy process versus calling in.

Did my first ride last night and did some beginner classes to get used to the functions and found it very invigorating with the teachers, music and ease of use. The classes I did attend did not adjust the resistance automatically and this was all user-base preference(ie. Up to me to adjust).

Overall, I'm satisfied with the bike and also the app, since it's free and is suited for my needs. I would re-visit this once my year trial is nearing its end and compare it with Peleton or any others.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1312 posts
820 upvotes
Manitoba
humansoul wrote: @SPYderBra Successfully used the Costco registration and got a one year subscription. Chatted with the agent soon afterwards and cancelled the auto-renewal for a quick and easy process versus calling in.

Did my first ride last night and did some beginner classes to get used to the functions and found it very invigorating with the teachers, music and ease of use. The classes I did attend did not adjust the resistance automatically and this was all user-base preference(ie. Up to me to adjust).

Overall, I'm satisfied with the bike and also the app, since it's free and is suited for my needs. I would re-visit this once my year trial is nearing its end and compare it with Peleton or any others.
What reason did you give when you cancelled just after you signed up for the 1 year subscription?

Overall the same sentiment as yours. Very pleased with the bike as it is solid & silent. Manual resistance change is a minor annoyance specially when gunning for top of the leaderboard. :D

Also I suggest wearing SPD shoes as this will give you tremendous wattage due to being able to push-pull the pedals.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1053 posts
205 upvotes
TehRFDAnomaly wrote: What reason did you give when you cancelled just after you signed up for the 1 year subscription?

Overall the same sentiment as yours. Very pleased with the bike as it is solid & silent. Manual resistance change is a minor annoyance specially when gunning for top of the leaderboard. :D

Also I suggest wearing SPD shoes as this will give you tremendous wattage due to being able to push-pull the pedals.
As all other renewals that I have, I have the true tendency to forget about them and surpass the renewal date. That was my main reason to request for the auto-cancel and I also suggested that I wanted to ensure that I review my other options upon the renewal date. They didn't give a fuss at all, but they did ask the "Why are you cancelling?" question.

I agree in your statement - bike is solid and silent, which is a big plus as I was on a Tacx magnetic trainer that would buzz from the tire friction. In this case, I was able to set up the Echelon in my computer room vs the basement, which is more to my liking.

I also used my SPD cleats with some of my outdoor cycling shoes, but found it too hot. I bought a set of indoor cycling shoes hoping this would alleviate my slight discomfort. The way to clamp on and off is a bit cumbersome though, but it works!

If you or others are using the Echelon App, is there anyway to lower the music vs the instructors talking? There were times the music was blaring and hard to follow the instructions, especially when doing some stretches.

My last 2 cents - I've been more serious about my health this year and thus the reason to bite the bullet on a stationary bike. I could not believe how nice of a feeling it was to work out in the comfort of my home as I always relied and detest going to the gym - hated the getting ready, driving, etc. I'm hoping to keep up with the workouts weekly and see more results during the winter months!
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1312 posts
820 upvotes
Manitoba
@humansoul Try to loosen the spring tension of the SPD clamp, it will be easier to clip/unclip. I have not explored lowering the music but I am thinking it will not be possible specially on live sessions.

The reason for auto cancel makes sense and I will probably use the same when I give them a chat. :)