[Amazon.ca] Echo dot ($59.99) and Echo($109.99) price drop

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 1:28 pm
[OP]
Jun 14, 2015
141 posts
74 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Echo dot ($59.99) and Echo($109.99) price drop

I did a quick search but didn't find any thread on this . Just noticed price drop on Echo (20$ off ) and Echo dot (10$ off ) at amazon.ca.

I am posting from phone and don't want to post mobile links.
23 replies
Nov 5, 2014
305 posts
249 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I got the Echo before the price increased...it's aiiight
Banned
Oct 16, 2008
1010 posts
629 upvotes
if you do cross border shopping
then try swappa.com you can buy from $29.00 us$ new and used
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
1994 posts
807 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
Is Amazon violating Canada’s discounting laws. In order to call something a discount you need to sell sufficient units at the normal price... They introduced the echo at $49.99 and called it a $20 discount. Now after just one month of the normal price, they reduced it by $10. So was calling a $20 discount a violation of the law or just wishful thinking?
May 22, 2015
271 posts
159 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
Looks like thesource matched. Buy two and use 10 minute Email and the $25 off vip for $107 taxes in. Works out be $53.50
Nov 22, 2009
225 posts
148 upvotes
Waiting for the HomePod! ***FLAME SUIT ENGAGED***
Mar 8, 2008
216 posts
145 upvotes
Edmonton
I have the echo and I'm a little disappointed with the lack of integrations.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1600 posts
423 upvotes
Markham
Wizard1 wrote: Lack of integrations to/with what? Echo is much more compatible with other home automatiion stuff than Google will ever be.
The LaMetric TIME Skill is only available on Amazon.com and not (yet) available to Canadians:
https://www.amazon.com/LaMetric-TIME-co ... 01N5JOIK2/
Customer Service says they'll pass on my frustration to the appropriate department...

50% of the reason I got an Echo was for my old WeMos (works great with them) and the other 50% was for LaMetric integration, which I kept seeing advertised...
Water is WET!
Mar 7, 2016
5 posts
3 upvotes
I got the Echo Plus for my sister for Christmas and she's finding the lack of integration up here in Canada pretty disheartening. So far she says she uses it for the typical "weather, reminders, alarms, music" but really all of the smart speakers can do that.

She was excited for the recipes skills cause she kept seeing commercials for them. There's instapot and then a bunch of no name skills. Compare that to the US version where they have The Food Network, All Recipes, The Big Green Egg... yeah lack luster.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3925 posts
1425 upvotes
Montreal
Kakinator wrote: I got the Echo Plus for my sister for Christmas and she's finding the lack of integration up here in Canada pretty disheartening. So far she says she uses it for the typical "weather, reminders, alarms, music" but really all of the smart speakers can do that.

She was excited for the recipes skills cause she kept seeing commercials for them. There's instapot and then a bunch of no name skills. Compare that to the US version where they have The Food Network, All Recipes, The Big Green Egg... yeah lack luster.
So why not setup with an Amazon.com account to get all the integrations? Nothing preventing this ...
Nov 14, 2009
168 posts
70 upvotes
would my canada prime account give me prime on amazon.com?
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2251 posts
1872 upvotes
Montreal, QC
no deal here, I see the price went back to $69.99
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2457 posts
1737 upvotes
Calgary
GT!! wrote: So why not setup with an Amazon.com account to get all the integrations? Nothing preventing this ...
You can use your Amazon.ca account but switch digital content and language to US. That’s what I did and my Echos have access to the US skills.
Nov 26, 2014
930 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got my homepod last week, yes, its stupid as fXXk, and expensive, its siri but only English right now. However the sound is really amazing, plus i can play whatever song i want (3rd party apps). Correct me if im wrong, the google home and amaz dot i think you can only play certain app from iphone (google music and spotify for google home and amazon music for dot). And my friend uses his Android phone can play any song in his phone via Bluetooth to google home, perhaps different ecosystem?
Mar 7, 2016
5 posts
3 upvotes
jarfgames wrote: You can use your Amazon.ca account but switch digital content and language to US. That’s what I did and my Echos have access to the US skills.
Oh cool thanks I'll let her know about this. I just feel like this is just another case of Canada getting mislead and getting the short end of the stick again.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2010
2907 posts
1407 upvotes
I have both the Echo/Echo Dot and Google Home/Google Home Mini.

I prefer the Echo for home automation. I prefer the Google Home for music and casting to my Vizio Sound Bar.