Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Ecobee 3 Lite - Smart Thermostat ($131 - historical low)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 2:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2012
1095 posts
623 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Ecobee 3 Lite - Smart Thermostat ($131 - historical low)

Ecobee 3 Lite is also on sale. This is the same thermostat as that offered for free by the Ontario Green Fund program. Can try to price match at BB or Home Depot for a bit more discount.

According to CCC, it's the lowest price it's been by around $70. Great deal and definitely gets the job done. The sensors are also on sale if you're interested in some (amazon-ca-ecobee-sensors-2-pack-53-40-a ... a-2236398/).
Last edited by shahram0 on Nov 9th, 2018 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
18 replies
Jul 21, 2005
283 posts
348 upvotes
The two pack of room sensors is $53.40 -- so you can get the ecobee 3 lite and 2 sensors for 184.80 -- this beats Costco's usual price of 199.99.
Very good deal!
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
4350 posts
612 upvotes
Markham, ON
bossfn wrote: The two pack of room sensors is $53.40 -- so you can get the ecobee 3 lite and 2 sensors for 184.80 -- this beats Costco's usual price of 199.99.
Very good deal!
Or use the $20 off $100 mastercard pass discount for a cheaper price at cost! Then get your enbridge $100 rebate!
Aug 3, 2010
362 posts
139 upvotes
I remember getting 3 of these for free with install during that Ontario energy thing back in Spring. Shame its now gone cuz it seems some here missed out.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Wow I almost bought it at costco the other day for like $200+ but I didn't need to room sensors.

I still don't know if I would actually use it. We have a Trane heat pump with a pretty basic control. We can adjust the temp and heat setting etc.. but nothing fancy like programmable time etc.. My wife works from home so it's easy for her just to go upstairs and change the temperature.

The only feature I really like on our current basic device is that the Aux Heat kicks in when it's like -20c outside. I was reading on this ecobee and it seem like it connects to your wifi and get the actual temp online and then adjust the temp inside (aux heat) if you have it setup.

Is there any other advantage to have this type of thermostat other than wifi control?
Jun 26, 2017
247 posts
311 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP! Just picked one up for the condo.

Installed an Ecobee 3 at my parent's place myself and it works great.

Has anyone installed one in a condo?

Located in Toronto, ON.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1641 posts
1140 upvotes
nounou23 wrote: Wow I almost bought it at costco the other day for like $200+ but I didn't need to room sensors.

I still don't know if I would actually use it. We have a Trane heat pump with a pretty basic control. We can adjust the temp and heat setting etc.. but nothing fancy like programmable time etc.. My wife works from home so it's easy for her just to go upstairs and change the temperature.

The only feature I really like on our current basic device is that the Aux Heat kicks in when it's like -20c outside. I was reading on this ecobee and it seem like it connects to your wifi and get the actual temp online and then adjust the temp inside (aux heat) if you have it setup.

Is there any other advantage to have this type of thermostat other than wifi control?
It's hard to stop a trane
Sep 6, 2012
79 posts
37 upvotes
GTA
Thanks. Bought 1 with separate order of 2 sensors. It is even better the Costco deal with Mastercard passSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Apr 8, 2012
259 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
ths333 wrote: Thanks OP! Just picked one up for the condo.

Installed an Ecobee 3 at my parent's place myself and it works great.

Has anyone installed one in a condo?

Located in Toronto, ON.
I tried installing in mine but didn't have the necessary wiring.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7441 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
ahhh fudge... Was going to PM at homedepot later today. oh well.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2012
5092 posts
5534 upvotes
Toronto
nounou23 wrote: ahhh fudge... Was going to PM at homedepot later today. oh well.
you can PM via chat but they dont price beat online only retailers
Apr 3, 2018
207 posts
152 upvotes
Most deals on Amazon are limited quantity. Once they sold past certain number, the price will automatically go up. So, buy first, think later. You can always cancel it or return later.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)