Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Econet Z-wave main water shutoff valve controller - $126 - home automation

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2018 1:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2006
5985 posts
9727 upvotes
Comox Valley , BC

[Amazon.ca] Econet Z-wave main water shutoff valve controller - $126 - home automation

This z-wave smart home automation shutoff valve controller was priced at $162 and now it's dropped to $126.
I believe this is the lowest it has been in many months ( it's a dollar higher than yesterday when it was $124.87 and was $115 back on Sept, 9 according to Keepa)

it's compatible with Smarthings hub and with Wink. See FAQ - https://www.econetcontrols.com/about.html#faq
You need a electrical outlet to power it.
  • Wireless z-wave water shutoff controller for home automation systems
  • Prevent water damage (add water leak sensors)
  • Water shutoff and smartphone notification when leak detected
  • Easy installation, no plumbing required
  • Compatible with standard (z-wave) home automation systems

Link to Quick Start installation Guide - https://www.aartech.ca/related/EBV105%2 ... 0Guide.pdf

On Amazon.com, there are customer videos - a couple that show that you need a easily closed ball valve for the Econet to work correctly - https://www.amazon.com/EcoNet-Controls- ... B010MG372E - scroll half way down the page...

Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 3rd, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Reason: retailer edit
100 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5494 posts
2307 upvotes
Before you jump on it, make sure you have 1/4 turn ball valve and it turns freely without much friction.
Yes you can add second in line valve but make sure you are up to it Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes
Good price
Last edited by lifeisfuneh on Feb 3rd, 2018 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3948 posts
3345 upvotes
No Bum Deals
History has taught me, where I live, these valves gac up real quick and get really hard to turn. Just a note.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/10 - 1x Koodo 35/7 - 1x Fido Data 0/3 🢀
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35653 posts
21738 upvotes
Center of Universe
Where to find a wall plug or outlet nearby...hmm?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35653 posts
21738 upvotes
Center of Universe
pathfinder35 wrote: Maybe the furnace is close and is plugged in nearby....that's where I was going to plug in...
My main water line is in a crawl space, where I have my 2nd laundry room; but there's only one wall plug for the washer and one for the dryer.
I may have to run an extension cord, as this is a good price to not jump on.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5494 posts
2307 upvotes
pathfinder35 wrote: Good point - I just checked and my water main shutoff is a gate valve so this won't work...
You can add second one :)
Good to have two anyway
Feb 20, 2011
605 posts
168 upvotes
downtown TO
im having a hard time to figure out what the point is in this? can someone explain
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35653 posts
21738 upvotes
Center of Universe
irishguy wrote: im having a hard time to figure out what the point is in this? can someone explain
Using water sensors in susceptible areas for leaks, it will trigger the unit to automatically shutoff the main water line.
Feb 23, 2005
112 posts
76 upvotes
irishguy wrote: im having a hard time to figure out what the point is in this? can someone explain
I have a leak sensor already, I could add this into my existing automation system to shut the water main off if a leak is detected. Especially useful if you're away on vacation, etc...
Feb 20, 2011
605 posts
168 upvotes
downtown TO
pretty neat...so the senors are wireless
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2005
1211 posts
360 upvotes
Calgary
Have pex pipes no copper, assume it won’t work?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35653 posts
21738 upvotes
Center of Universe
Battscrew wrote: Have pex pipes no copper, assume it won’t work?
Your main water line is PEX?
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1086 posts
614 upvotes
East of Toronto
lifeisfuneh wrote: Before you jump on it, make sure you have 1/4 turn ball valve and it turns freely without much friction.
Good price
I have a main shut off valve that takes a couple of turns to shut the water off so I assume this will not work? I generally turn the water off when going away in the winter but this would be pretty cool.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17247 posts
10015 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Battscrew wrote: Have pex pipes no copper, assume it won’t work?
The pipe itself is immaterial. It's the valve that needs to fit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5494 posts
2307 upvotes
DRC wrote: I have a main shut off valve that takes a couple of turns to shut the water off so I assume this will not work? I generally turn the water off when going away in the winter but this would be pretty cool.
No go, but you can add second valve.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3867 posts
2631 upvotes
Ontario
vkizzle wrote: My main water line is in a crawl space, where I have my 2nd laundry room; but there's only one wall plug for the washer and one for the dryer.
I may have to run an extension cord, as this is a good price to not jump on.
Is there a light in the ceiling ;)?
---