ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T5 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum & Mop $587

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 1:24 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
149 posts
276 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO T5 2-in-1 Robot Vacuum & Mop $587

I was in the market for a robot vaccum plus mop. I wanted Roborock, but thats difficult to get in Canada. This seems to have good reviews and is at all time low price as per CCC.

Its similar to 930, however this has multi floor mapping.
Images
  • 1.png
30 replies
Banned
Nov 20, 2020
39 posts
5 upvotes
It works better than my last deebot though, and it is very easy to clean.
Feb 3, 2019
383 posts
437 upvotes
can you add a no go zone? I just purchased an i8+ from bestbuy. (i7+ basically). This or i7/i8 ?
[OP]
Nov 30, 2017
149 posts
276 upvotes
Murkdx wrote: can you add a no go zone? I just purchased an i8+ from bestbuy. (i7+ basically). This or i7/i8 ?
Yes you can. Thats what the description says. Will know once i use it
Jul 9, 2008
268 posts
120 upvotes
Murkdx wrote: can you add a no go zone? I just purchased an i8+ from bestbuy. (i7+ basically). This or i7/i8 ?
It has no go zones as well. As for comparing them though, it's more about what you value more.

If you're getting the i7/i8 because of its ability to auto-empty so that you don't need to touch your robot vacuum all the time, then this deebot won't be your solution for that either. The roomba's will only need you to deal with it maybe once every few weeks to both toss the auto-empty vacuum bag and alsoj ust get rid of any hair that's tangled onto the brush.
With the deebot, like every other robot vacuum, you'll be constantly emptying out the bin after every use or two. You'll also need to remove the water bin, refill it with water, adding a new microfiber pad, wait for it to mop, then remove the dirty pad and water bin. It's way more hands on and far less autonomous than what the roomba's can provide, but it's more versatile in that regard, but also don't expect it to be like, the best mopper either. It's literally just dragging a wet pad across your floor. It's good for maintaining a clean home after a deep cleaning for example, but if your floors aren't that clean because of splattering oil in the kitchen or pets or something like that, it won't get them spotless.

For my mom's place, she's been happy with the deebot ozmo despite the little tasks she needs to deal with to have it both vacuum and mop. She prefers having a device that can do both rather than only doing one thing, although the i7+ does that one thing very very well.
I have the i7+ at my place and I don't think I can go back to not having auto-emptying. It's just infinitely less hassle.
Feb 3, 2019
383 posts
437 upvotes
Mikol1011 wrote: It has no go zones as well. As for comparing them though, it's more about what you value more.

If you're getting the i7/i8 because of its ability to auto-empty so that you don't need to touch your robot vacuum all the time, then this deebot won't be your solution for that either. The roomba's will only need you to deal with it maybe once every few weeks to both toss the auto-empty vacuum bag and alsoj ust get rid of any hair that's tangled onto the brush.
With the deebot, like every other robot vacuum, you'll be constantly emptying out the bin after every use or two. You'll also need to remove the water bin, refill it with water, adding a new microfiber pad, wait for it to mop, then remove the dirty pad and water bin. It's way more hands on and far less autonomous than what the roomba's can provide, but it's more versatile in that regard, but also don't expect it to be like, the best mopper either. It's literally just dragging a wet pad across your floor. It's good for maintaining a clean home after a deep cleaning for example, but if your floors aren't that clean because of splattering oil in the kitchen or pets or something like that, it won't get them spotless.

For my mom's place, she's been happy with the deebot ozmo despite the little tasks she needs to deal with to have it both vacuum and mop. She prefers having a device that can do both rather than only doing one thing, although the i7+ does that one thing very very well.
I have the i7+ at my place and I don't think I can go back to not having auto-emptying. It's just infinitely less hassle.
Thanks for this! Gonna stick with the i8+. No go zone + auto empty bin are a must
Dec 1, 2018
120 posts
207 upvotes
I think this is the regular price if you compare it's price in the US and similar bots on Amazon.ca. if you don't need one right now, I would wait until it drops at least to $450-500 range. There are several roborock S5/S5max clones on amazon.ca. they all dropped to below $499 around BF.
Last edited by Sid7643 on Dec 7th, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2012
762 posts
1109 upvotes
Terrebonne
droolondeal wrote: I was in the market for a robot vaccum plus mop. I wanted Roborock, but thats difficult to get in Canada. This seems to have good reviews and is at all time low price as per CCC.

Its similar to 930, however this has multi floor mapping.
I ordered one yesterday, afte researching it appears to be a rebranded 950.
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
721 posts
1214 upvotes
KarlDag wrote: I ordered one yesterday, afte researching it appears to be a rebranded 950.
My big worry, I have a 2 bedroom plus basement house. Everyone is saying you can't use a 3rd map. Would it make this vacuum useless for me?
Dec 24, 2012
762 posts
1109 upvotes
Terrebonne
KevinT277396 wrote: My big worry, I have a 2 bedroom plus basement house. Everyone is saying you can't use a 3rd map. Would it make this vacuum useless for me?
I'm in the same situation, but don't know. O don't care much, I'll vacuum my basement myself once in a while, visitors basically never go there.

Also I think I read you can get a 3rd floor done but it just won't save it, it'll get done as "new map" or something similar
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
721 posts
1214 upvotes
KarlDag wrote: I'm in the same situation, but don't know. O don't care much, I'll vacuum my basement myself once in a while, visitors basically never go there.

Also I think I read you can get a 3rd floor done but it just won't save it, it'll get done as "new map" or something similar
I haven't spoke to one person that knows how this 3rd floor thing will work lol
Mar 2, 2005
895 posts
331 upvotes
Bought the Ozmo 937 on Amazon for $429.00 on BF .. It just arrived today so we shall se how it works .. Amazon Returns good till Jan 31. 2021
Apr 1, 2011
430 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto
Without the 3rd map, can we at least still have it run randomly? I guess that's the point right that cleaning in a random pattern doesn't get the job done very well or very fast?
Nov 24, 2018
92 posts
62 upvotes
droolondeal wrote: 950 does not have multi floor mapping.
https://www.ecovacs.com/us/deebot-robot ... T-OZMO-950

It has
T5 and 950 are exactly the same product
The ECOVACS DEEBOT OZMO 950 2-in-1 vacuuming and mopping robot has up to 3 hours of battery life and is the most powerful DEEBOT ever. With 3 levels of suction power (normal, Max, and Max plus), and multiple other amazing features, DEEBOT sets a new standard for everyday cleaning. OZMO™ Mopping with Automatic Carpet Detection. Smart Navi™ 3.0 Technology with Multi-Floor Mapping. Unlimited Virtual Boundaries, Area Mode, Custom Mode, Scheduled Cleaning. Up to 200 Min. Runtime and 430 mL Dustbin.
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
721 posts
1214 upvotes
siruiguo wrote: Without the 3rd map, can we at least still have it run randomly? I guess that's the point right that cleaning in a random pattern doesn't get the job done very well or very fast?

This is exactly what I'm wondering, ive been asking on here and reddit for a week and haven't got an answer yet lol
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2003
4594 posts
677 upvotes
For what it's worth, I ordered the Roborock S5 Max from Banggood.com last week and it's set to arrive on Wednesday. With a coupon it came to $639 all-in.
Aug 1, 2016
420 posts
754 upvotes
I ordered the Proscenic M7 last week for $413 all in and I must say I'm quite impressed. it has many great features as some of the other premium robot vacuums on the market like
- lidar
- powerful suction 2700PA
- multi zone mapping
- smart nav
- mop
It's app isn't as intuitive as say from roomba or ecovacs but it does the job. Definitely check it out.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1903 posts
1018 upvotes
DannyH17 wrote: I ordered the Proscenic M7 last week for $413 all in and I must say I'm quite impressed. it has many great features as some of the other premium robot vacuums on the market like
- lidar
- powerful suction 2700PA
- multi zone mapping
- smart nav
- mop
It's app isn't as intuitive as say from roomba or ecovacs but it does the job. Definitely check it out.

Where did you get it?