Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Edifier R1280DBs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers(Black) - $139.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2023 9:55 pm
[OP]
Nov 1, 2008
792 posts
687 upvotes
Canada

[Amazon.ca] Edifier R1280DBs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers(Black) - $139.99

Amazon has a lightning deal going on for the Edifier R1280DBs for $139.99

It can be had cheaper if you don't mind it being refurbished. Best Buy has it for $104.99 and don't forget a whole 1% Rakuten for ultimate savings.

UPDATE: Black, refurbished ones from Best Buy are sold out but the "wood" ones are still in stock. Also if you're not interested in the Bluetooth function but still need the Sub Out, the refurbished Edifier R1280Ts are also on sale for $99.90. Same exact speakers just no Bluetooth, COAX and no Optical out.
Last edited by wroom on Nov 27th, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
==================================================
38 replies
Dec 16, 2019
598 posts
766 upvotes
Hamilton
Garbage Brand . Kanto Yu better sounding for just a little more!
[OP]
Nov 1, 2008
792 posts
687 upvotes
Canada
What's "just a little more"? Do you have a link by any chance?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5962 posts
5823 upvotes
BC
wroom wrote: What's "just a little more"? Do you have a link by any chance?
Take Eviltwin's comment with a grain of salt. This is same person that kept saying not to buy the Yard Machines lawn mower from Walmart because it was garbage even though it had good reviews and was reduced from $318 down to $59. He said it several times in the thread and claimed to be an expert, but would never elaborate as to why it was garbage even when asked to do so.

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/walmart ... #p36611720

I did a quick search for Kanto Yu. There are several different models, but the cheapest one I can find is $100 more than the OP deal which is about 70% more expensive.
[OP]
Nov 1, 2008
792 posts
687 upvotes
Canada
SizzleChest wrote:
I did a quick search for Kanto Yu. There are several different models, but the cheapest one I can find is about $100 more than the OP deal which is about 70% more expensive.
That is why I was wondering if maybe Eviltwins could share a link to a similarly priced Kanto Yu because the cheapest I could find on Amazon is $240 and that's for a set of passive speakers so you'd need an amp with that. I think Eviltwins just trolling around.
Jan 30, 2012
211 posts
267 upvotes
I use these for my TV setup. These are going to smash any soundbar in this price range out of the water. Though I never use the bluetooth feature and would opt for a cheaper version of this product that does not include bluetooth if I could do it again.

Maybe I just have an untrained ear or low standards, but "garbage" is absolutely not what my impression of these speakers is. These speakers have served me well. I'm sure there are better speakers and better setups for your TV to be had, but the combination of value and performance is tough to beat here.
May 10, 2010
836 posts
1272 upvotes
Kenora
Eviltwins wrote: Garbage Brand . Kanto Yu better sounding for just a little more!
I have the R1850DB speakers as my desktop speakers, they sound great.

For $139, the speakers listed in OP's post are a great deal, for good quality speakers. Obviously you can spend more for better quality. but that can be said about anything.

I've had my Edifier speakers for just over 2 years and are very happy with them.
Nov 3, 2013
797 posts
1417 upvotes
Regina, SK
Eviltwins wrote: Garbage Brand . Kanto Yu better sounding for just a little more!
This guy has no idea what he's talking about. I've had two sets of Edifiers as computer speakers and they've both been great.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17014 posts
4800 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Edifier speakers are amazing. I love two of my sets, make me smile every single time I play on them.

R2000DB is my best purchase of COVID. Obviously this is lower end model but you can be confident that you are getting well engineered speakers
Last edited by weedb0y on Nov 28th, 2022 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 16, 2015
763 posts
782 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
With sound quality being so subjective I'd like to chime in as a former audiophile who went down a rabbit hole.

I always suggest listening to other people's setups before purchasing. Not ever in a store like baybloor radio, who have acoustic treatments to make everything sound better.
This will give you an idea of real room performance.

The next suggestion is to spend the amount of money you have available for your budget. If you want to spend exorbo, go ahead. If you want to spend $200, do that. There are tons of speakers at every price point that will sound great.

Unless eviltwin has done double blind tests with identical equipment, swapping out only the speakers, you can just ignore comments that a speaker sounds trash...except your obvious thrown in afterthought tv speaker or computer case speakers.

Speakers/audio equipment is one of the biggest snake oil infested category purchases you can ever make, so don't let anyone convince you your purchase isn't good. You spend the amount you're willing to spend and enjoy.

I purchased the r1700bts recently on sale posted here. I enjoy them for the kitchen but I also own a pair of axiom audio m80v2 and a pair of forest totems. Yes the will blow the edifiers out of the water, but the also cost 10-15 times as much to do so. These are perfect for where I want them.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2203 posts
847 upvotes
You would have a hard time beating these speakers for 130 bucks. They are great for a lot of uses.

I have used a pair of the previous, non-Bluetooth versions of these for years and I think they are amazing for the price you pay for them on a sharp sale.

I have much better speakers too but as someone mentioned earlier, they cost a lot more especially when you consider the equipment you buy to drive them.

Thanks OP!

I bought a pair to use with a TV instead of buying a cheap soundbar.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
1592 posts
1814 upvotes
Edmonton
I purchased speakers from this brand recently. Not an audiophile but I think they are excellent quality. Do your own research but don't take people's disparaging remarks with 0 evidence at face value.
Oct 26, 2006
190 posts
71 upvotes
Kitchener
Eviltwins wrote: Clearly none of you have ever tried Kanto's ! So strictly based on looks Edifier 's look Radio Shackish and i would be embarrassed to have them on my desk ! SO what if they sound decent but looked like that ... spend a little more that's all im saying ! Edifiers in general are Ugly! Even the Name's ugly!
The best way to convince people is to shout everything!
Aug 22, 2013
78 posts
28 upvotes
Victoria
I have not had a great experience with Edifier (not specifically this set of speakers). The sound from the ones I have have poor clarity at lower volumes and are only good turned to high.

I had a set of Logitech that performed much better but they broke after 8 years. Once my Edifiers die I'm going back to Logitech or try a different brand.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15264 posts
6326 upvotes
RFD
Anyone who tells you Edifier is a garbage brand, you want to avoid listening to them. Sure they make inexpensive SKUs that don't sound good, but they also make expensive SKUs that sound fantastic.

Now if someone tells you that you should support Kanto Yu because they are Canadian, then that's a different story.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4198 posts
421 upvotes
My experience with Kanto has been negative. Lightly used YU5's that now you have to turn up the volume decently loud or else it makes a really distorted sound.

Kanto does not sell parts for their speakers, nor was there a repair facility. If the speakers were defective under warranty they would just send a new speaker out rather than even try to repair it. I was told basically I was SOL. Others have also had issues with hissing sounds, etc. with their Kantos.

Haven't dealt with Edifier before so don't want to comment on that but that was my experience. YMMV.