Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers, 2.0 Active Near Field Monitors - 4" Studio Monitor Speaker - $124.99

12 replies
Nov 3, 2013
800 posts
1417 upvotes
Regina, SK
Isn’t this the regular price for these? That being said, amazing speakers and I’d highly recommend these. I started with a pair of Logitech’s (awful) then got some M-Audio AV 42’s (highly overrated, I didn’t like them.) Finally settled on these and couldn’t be happier.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1633 posts
2541 upvotes
Kingston
I'm a noob when it comes to speakers. How would I connect these to a computer (desktop) that doesn't have an amp?
Nov 1, 2012
171 posts
199 upvotes
Kamloops
xtrmDeals wrote: I'm a noob when it comes to speakers. How would I connect these to a computer (desktop) that doesn't have an amp?
They are powered. I don’t think you need an amp to use them on a computer. The pair of Edison I bought came with an adapter for 3.5mm
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1633 posts
2541 upvotes
Kingston
Aknoon wrote: They are powered. I don’t think you need an amp to use them on a computer. The pair of Edison I bought came with an adapter for 3.5mm
So just connect them directly to the sound output jack (with the adapter)? Nice!
Nov 1, 2012
171 posts
199 upvotes
Kamloops
xtrmDeals wrote: So just connect them directly to the sound output jack (with the adapter)? Nice!
Yep exactly. Just plug and play.
Jul 17, 2012
806 posts
372 upvotes
Kamloops
xtrmDeals wrote: Btw, how do these compare to for bass output

Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with THX Sound (980-000430)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003VAK1FA
From my audio experience, when you have a standalone subwoofer like the z506 you get more "shaking" bass. but pretty sure the edifier has more "quality" base. i started off ages ago as basshead then later as i get older i value the detail in music more.

im not sure the edifier is good deal haven't been following this particular model. the z506 i think on ebay newegg it's like 50 bucks for refurbished. i got my mom a refurbished logitech 20 bucks speaker and it's very much new and works great.

back a few years ago the audioengine A5+ is only 250 bucks from good old NCIX. that one has similar detail and can compare to nice headphones like Beyerdynamic T1.

i currently use the kanto yaro2 speaker with dac set i think was under 200 bucks from staples a while ago. not as good as a5+ but for movies and games and some music is more than good enough. oh i run the kanto yuri i think that's the name subwoofer, that was 150 bucks also from staples and that one if you like bass you will be happy. get something like 8 to 10 inch sold seperately sub is the way to go. so get these edifier speakers then add in a sub and you will be set.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2009
2377 posts
1098 upvotes
Ontario
Regular price. Not necessarily anything HOT, though, yes, good speakers. Better if actually "on sale". LOL Astonished Face
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A GOOD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: "Vir sapit qui pauca loquitur" (It is a wise man who speaks little)
RFD MOTTO TO LIVE BY: Buy now, think later
Aug 18, 2011
988 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Bumping this because PCCanada has them on sale now for 85.99 (backordered) but you can still order. Even with shipping and tax still the cheapest I've ever seen them

Edifier speakers
Apr 18, 2008
618 posts
1148 upvotes
BC
Babbelfish wrote: Bumping this because PCCanada has them on sale now for 85.99 (backordered) but you can still order. Even with shipping and tax still the cheapest I've ever seen them

Edifier speakers
My man. True RFDer right here.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2006
5085 posts
2078 upvotes
Vancouver
Down to $87.49 for Amazon Prime Deals today.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)