Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Eero Mesh WiFi 3 Pack - $244

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2021 9:52 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
justasomeone wrote: my cousin's been complaining that she gets no signal in her room, or barely. she says the router is 'on the other side of the house'

will this fix her problems?
Yes, mesh can certainly help but try moving the existing router around. It's probably crammed behind something that's blocking the radio frequencies.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
internetdeal wrote: The ereo can not be used with another router? right? it has its own router capabilities. Can it just be used as another node?
eero can be used with another router and you'll still experience all of the speed and stability benefits of TrueMesh

eero in bridge mode does not do routing

How do I bridge my eeros?
https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/artic ... -my-eeros-
Why bridge your eeros?

By putting your eero network into bridge mode you can continue managing your network through your existing router. While we don’t generally recommend this approach, as you will lose some advanced features of eero, it is necessary for customers with certain network configurations. If you have a modem/router combo device, we recommend putting that device into bridge mode.

Putting an eero in bridge mode will turn off its network services but allows the eeros to continue providing WiFi access. Please bear in mind that you will not be able to manage your network’s advanced features through the eero app with your eeros in bridge mode. Additionally, bridge mode requires that one eero remain wired into the network via Ethernet.
How do I set up my eero if I want to keep my existing router?
https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/artic ... ng-router-
To get the most out of your eero WiFi system, we recommend having your eero WiFi system replace your current router and having your gateway eero plugged directly into your modem. However, if you'd like to keep using your existing router, you absolutely can.

In this scenario, you will have two options for using your eeros: putting them in bridge mode or double NAT-ing them. We will go a bit more into each of these use cases below.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: Eeero 5 says Best for internet speeds up to 350 Mbps - can someone confirm if you're getting above these speed limit?

Eeero 6 says Best for internet speeds up to 500 Mbps -

Eeero 6 pro - is gigabit - but a high in price and also we have 150u fido plan which we don't need these speed . Anyone here confirm their experience?
Try not to read into those marketting numbers. eero 5 can deliver 500 mbps in certain conditions. but peak speeds is not a good indicator imo. so many factors can affect those numbers. the number of devices, the distance you are from the node, how old other devices are on the wifi, etc...

Look at things the other way. What exactly are your wifi requirements? Do you actually do anything that needs 500+ mbps over wifi? How many devices are usually live concurrently in your household? how big is your household? any existing deadzones?

Chances are, you don't even need the 6 or the pro and these cupcakes are more than sufficient.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
ScubaSteve wrote: I have not had good success with the combined 5/2.4 bands and clients being able to seamlessly roam and switch between them. I've tried the Netgear Nighthawk mesh and the Linksys Velop mesh and both of them had significant issues with both client and band steering. Performance was bad with both of them and lots of drops and disconnects using combined SSID. I ended up keeping the Velop because it's one of the only cheaper ones (<$400) where you can setup separate SSIDs. Once I set it up with separate 2.4 and 5GHz SSIDs it has worked great with better performance all around, better connectivity, no disconnects. Very happy with the mesh now in a large house with 3 units.

This is the one I got when it was on sale a month ago - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/li ... a/10550800
just a counterpoint: I ran segregated SSID's before eero. I had devices that were configured on 5g and would desperately hang on to it and not switch to the 2.4 ghz in deadzones. I had devices that were 5g capable but would stay on 2.4ghz ssid all the time. It was annoying to troubleshoot.

With eero, i no longer get any issues with handoff or transitioning between bands. or rather, none that are perceptable. However eero is doing it, they're doing it right. Whatever linksys or netgear are doing just reinforces my perception that their mesh systems just can't compare to eero's mesh design.
Oct 11, 2007
48 posts
40 upvotes
Regina
mr_yellow wrote: just a counterpoint: I ran segregated SSID's before eero. I had devices that were configured on 5g and would desperately hang on to it and not switch to the 2.4 ghz in deadzones. I had devices that were 5g capable but would stay on 2.4ghz ssid all the time. It was annoying to troubleshoot.

With eero, i no longer get any issues with hand off or transitioning between bands. or rather, none that are perceptable. However eero is doing it, they're doing it right. Whatever linksys or netgear are doing just reinforces my perception that their mesh systems just can't compare to eero's mesh design.
Interesting to hear that your Eero does a good job of client and band steering. I had briefly looked at a couple models of Eero before I bought mine but the reviews for the lower cost models were a bit iffy and didn't want to spend more than I did, and the higher end Eeros were not on sale at that time. I assume the band and client steering capabilities of most of these will improve with future software updates etc. My devices don't need to shift bands as they are setup to connect to the most appropriate for their needs and they roam seamlessly throughout my house on their set band as having one mesh unit on each floor provides good signal strength on both bands across my house. I also wanted a Tri-band system as found the Netgear to have noticeably less performance .
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
I used to have separated SSIDs as well, and had a mix of devices. I put some streamcams and have bunch of smart devices onto 2.4 SSID exclusively, and when I switched to Eero......some of them migrated themselves to use the 5 when they supported it. It was completely transparent, For all devices that support both bands, they all consistently grab the 5Ghz fiirst anywhere in the house so I am getting good coverage.

For my car, which needs to connect while inside the garage or on the driveway. I find if I turn on the car inside the garage, it will grab the 5Hkz band, and as I drive further down the driveway, it will run low on signal and then switch to 2.4 *eventually*, If I start the car on the driveway, it will grab the stronger 2.4 signal right away. So mostly it seems to work ok.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Aug 9, 2007
75 posts
52 upvotes
Gatineau, Québec
I'm interested in the eero 3 pack but the 350mbps internet is what i'm concerned... I'm planning to get at some point more than 350mbps (perhaps 1gbps), will I be able to use my internet at full potential if I use wire to the device through switch (computer, xbox..)
I don't mind not getting full speed on wifi but what about wired devices.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9870 posts
1915 upvotes
TO
mr_yellow wrote: Try not to read into those marketting numbers. eero 5 can deliver 500 mbps in certain conditions. but peak speeds is not a good indicator imo. so many factors can affect those numbers. the number of devices, the distance you are from the node, how old other devices are on the wifi, etc...

Look at things the other way. What exactly are your wifi requirements? Do you actually do anything that needs 500+ mbps over wifi? How many devices are usually live concurrently in your household? how big is your household? any existing deadzones?

Chances are, you don't even need the 6 or the pro and these cupcakes are more than sufficient.
Very well put, I agree with you and the fact we get 3 cupcakes in eero5 I will try it out as I can put one on every level including basement. The current Eero6 with 1 extender I bought is working very well, we put the 1 extender in our living room and now the basement gets 30-35 mbps speed (previously with Archer TP Link C8 we got nothing).
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2008
1368 posts
457 upvotes
Hello,

Can someone recommend if this will work in my house. Lots of Gaming the house is over 4000 SQF. Over 40 Plus wifi devices can be connected at any time. Currently have the OLD Google TP link hubs and I have 3 of them. Im paying for 1GIG service from Telus. I just need a really good wifi. The house is 3 levels.

Thanks
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1354 posts
700 upvotes
My new home is on 2 acres and I have a garage loft 15 meters away. Do you think it's worth getting these to have wifi all around my home.?
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1579 posts
1544 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: I used to have separated SSIDs as well, and had a mix of devices. I put some streamcams and have bunch of smart devices onto 2.4 SSID exclusively, and when I switched to Eero......some of them migrated themselves to use the 5 when they supported it. It was completely transparent, For all devices that support both bands, they all consistently grab the 5Ghz fiirst anywhere in the house so I am getting good coverage.

For my car, which needs to connect while inside the garage or on the driveway. I find if I turn on the car inside the garage, it will grab the 5Hkz band, and as I drive further down the driveway, it will run low on signal and then switch to 2.4 *eventually*, If I start the car on the driveway, it will grab the stronger 2.4 signal right away. So mostly it seems to work ok.
Thanks for sharing your experiences with eero. This is something you won’t find on a box or when comparing specs. Eero just works and this is what you want with wifi.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
series1000 wrote: My new home is on 2 acres and I have a garage loft 15 meters away. Do you think it's worth getting these to have wifi all around my home.?
This is an excellent use case for eero's dynamic backhaul. In the case where you'd want to extend your wifi network to a detatched garage, you can simply just stick a node in the garage and eero figures out what radio can connect back to the other nodes. That means it can use it's 2.4ghz band (penetrates better and travels better) to connect back to the nodes in the main house if 5ghz is not available. It may not be fast but you get a higher probability of it working.

Other mesh networks would try to use it's "dedicated" 5ghz backhaul radio to connect back to the house but because of the brick/walls/distance, it won't work at all.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
taank wrote: Hello,

Can someone recommend if this will work in my house. Lots of Gaming the house is over 4000 SQF. Over 40 Plus wifi devices can be connected at any time. Currently have the OLD Google TP link hubs and I have 3 of them. Im paying for 1GIG service from Telus. I just need a really good wifi. The house is 3 levels.

Thanks
Do you have any issues with your google wifi hubs? If not, eero might not actually change anything.

Try it out. if it doesn't work well, return it. you get the protection of amazon's return policy.

Edit: mis-read your post
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2020
1180 posts
442 upvotes
ScubaSteve wrote: I have not had good success with the combined 5/2.4 bands and clients being able to seamlessly roam and switch between them. I've tried the Netgear Nighthawk mesh and the Linksys Velop mesh and both of them had significant issues with both client and band steering. Performance was bad with both of them and lots of drops and disconnects using combined SSID. I ended up keeping the Velop because it's one of the only cheaper ones (<$400) where you can setup separate SSIDs. Once I set it up with separate 2.4 and 5GHz SSIDs it has worked great with better performance all around, better connectivity, no disconnects. Very happy with the mesh now in a large house with 3 units.

This is the one I got when it was on sale a month ago - https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/li ... a/10550800
Thanks! Eeesh double the price of what I paid for Eero6 but it comes with more features and it'sa good brand. Our place is semi detached with 1800 sq ft so not sure if this maybe worth it.
"Coach is the spirit airways of bags" [user Apkesh) 😂😂

There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again. (Bush)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
For those who already have a set, there's no need to subscribe to Eero Secure or Secure+, is there? Is the network secure enough as-is (encrypted password, of course), and/or are there alternative free programmes I'd need to load to lock the system down? I really don't like the concept of a subscription to secure my router.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Bishop8 wrote: For those who already have a set, there's no need to subscribe to Eero Secure or Secure+, is there? Is the network secure enough as-is (encrypted password, of course), and/or are there alternative free programmes I'd need to load to lock the system down? I really don't like the concept of a subscription to secure my router.
Yes, no need

Is my network still secure without eero Secure?
We will always make sure your eero network remains safe and secure, but with eero Secure, you can add an extra layer of security that ensures your devices and everyone under your roof remains safe online.

eero Secure is not required for an eero network to continue to receive our security updates. Without eero Secure, eeros are designed to be safe and secure. A key differentiator with eero is the fact that we have put a significant amount of time and focus on your network’s safety and security, starting with us building our own hardware and software. We frequently test the security of eero networks and even reach out to the security community to have them try and expose any holes for us to patch.

However, your safety and security online go beyond just your network. At anytime, our computers, phones, or any other device can be exposed to other online threats, including malware and unsafe content. eero Secure ensures that all the devices on your network remain protected and vigilant. This means both you and those on your network are safe from websites that may contain threats like malware, as well as protecting everyone in your home from offensive and inappropriate content.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
I set this all up and it seems to be running better, not as many dead spots. but there is one issue. I find that my phones and laptop are connecting to different floors of the house and really slow. For example, even though my laptop is on the main floor it is connecting to the basement and the speed is really slow. If I turn off the wifi and back on, it connects to the main floor hub. anyway of fixing this? I have the band streering on on the beta menu, should I turn that off?
Got that FIDO account!
Mar 6, 2011
65 posts
58 upvotes
Ajax, ON
riseagainstthemachine wrote: I set this all up and it seems to be running better, not as many dead spots. but there is one issue. I find that my phones and laptop are connecting to different floors of the house and really slow. For example, even though my laptop is on the main floor it is connecting to the basement and the speed is really slow. If I turn off the wifi and back on, it connects to the main floor hub. anyway of fixing this? I have the band streering on on the beta menu, should I turn that off?
I had a similar issue where my Ring Doorbell connected to the extender in the master bedroom, rather than the closest Eero. I restarted my bedroom Eero, which forced the Doorbell to connect to the closest Eero. Haven't had any problems with the doorbell connecting to the furthest Eero afterwards.
Aug 26, 2018
176 posts
241 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: WOAH

Amplifi is ok but it's Ubiquiti's consumer grade toy line. If you want a real router take a look at the edgemax line and pair that with a couple of their unifi access points. If edgemax is too complex you can go with the a Unifi USG or UDM as your router.

Capture.PNG