Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Eero Mesh Wifi Systems ($279-$543)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2020 12:04 am
[OP]
Nov 30, 2015
106 posts
91 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Eero Mesh Wifi Systems ($279-$543)

I’ve been keeping tabs on the Eero Mesh system prices since the last time they went on sale in June. They’ve finally gone on sale again for the same prices as last time.

Amazon eero mesh WiFi system (3-pack) with Echo dot (Charcoal)
https://www.amazon.ca/Voice-le-syst%C3% ... r=8-5&th=1

Amazon eero Pro mesh wifi system (1 eero Pro + 1 Beacon) $319
https://www.amazon.ca/Amazon-eero-mesh- ... _td_asin_1

eero Pro mesh wifi system (1 eero Pro + 2 eero Beacons) with Echo Dot $439
https://www.amazon.ca/eero-Home-Wi-Fi-S ... r=8-7&th=1
Amazon eero Pro mesh wifi system (3 eero Pros) $543
https://www.amazon.ca/Amazon-eero-mesh- ... sin_1&th=1

Please note I’m not an expert on mesh wifi so any input from knowledgeable RFDers (for any questions from others or myself) is much appreciated. I’m looking into buying it myself and wanted to share the deal as well.

Previous expired thread for reference:
amazon-ca-eero-mesh-networking-systems- ... f-2382251/

Edited for clarity.

2nd edit. The eero three-pack is back in stock as of today, Aug 22nd.
Last edited by Canuckbert on Aug 22nd, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
136 replies
Oct 20, 2003
3 posts
1 upvote
If you're not in a rush, I would wait. The current models are based on WiFi 5 (802.11ac) doesn't support WiFi 6 (802.11ax) or WiFi 6E. I expect WiFi 6E to have a good long lifecycle.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3368 posts
1301 upvotes
Grimsby
^Excellent point re Wifi 6.

I've had 3x Eero Pros around my house (wired backhaul) for a few years or so and they work so damn well. Honestly such a nice product. Unfortunate where the prices are however.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14117 posts
5305 upvotes
Ottawa
People were able to return the Echo Dot and get some money back. In the previous thread it was mentioned it was $55 back, but I just checked out and it's marked as $31 for the Dot in the 3 pack.

For $225 it seems like a sweet deal but now it;s slightly more....$248 for the 3 pack IF you return the DOT. Since it looks like they caught on somewhat, I wonder if there is anything preventing you from returning it going forward?
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Dec 20, 2012
15 posts
67 upvotes
Milton
I've been doing alot of research on these lately, this is a great mesh system especially given the relatively low price. I replaced an ASUS AImesh with Eero about a month ago, and it has greatly improved my family's ability to all work/learn from home.

Some things to consider:
- Eero, Eero Pro, and Eero beacon are all essentially the same "guts". The Beacon plugs directly into the wall and lacks ethernet ports, the Pro includes an additional 5 Ghz radio which helps to support more simultaneous high-bandwidth devices.
- Any Eero model can work in a mesh with any other eero (standard, pro, or beacon). Mix and match is supported.
- For the vast majority of people, even my high demand family, the standard Eero "cupcake" models are more than enough
- Eero developers have stated that Wifi 6 is probably not coming any time soon as it only provides an additional 20%. Wifi 6E is a ways away
- They definitely lean towards "easy to use" and while the tech powering these things is genuinely impressive they hide it very well. If you're a tinkerer who wants to play with low-level settings this isn't the mesh for you, it's all hidden
- There are alot of ISP-locked eero units on Kijiji, be careful if buying additional units. Here's the key to identifying an eero that is firmware-locked and/or stolen from Rogers: the model number contains additional detail about the unit. If the fourth number of the model is a "2", it is linked to an ISP.

Hope that helps!
Dec 20, 2016
56 posts
15 upvotes
Ontario
Thanks! Been keeping an eye on this but was glad to finally nab it :)
Jul 31, 2015
452 posts
236 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Wow that 3-pack with echo dot looks like a good deal.

Just FYI, I got the Eero Pro + 2 Beacons for $275+tax July 2019 (Amazon Prime Days). Just use Keepa to watch out for any huge price drops.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5054 posts
1839 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: People were able to return the Echo Dot and get some money back. In the previous thread it was mentioned it was $55 back, but I just checked out and it's marked as $31 for the Dot in the 3 pack.

For $225 it seems like a sweet deal but now it;s slightly more....$248 for the 3 pack IF you return the DOT. Since it looks like they caught on somewhat, I wonder if there is anything preventing you from returning it going forward?
Probably because the Dot (all the Echos, really) is on sale right now as well.
Deal Addict
May 29, 2011
1186 posts
320 upvotes
KANATA
I have a 3 level house and a few years back I invested in an edgerouter X and a ubiquity long range access point. I get usable wifi throughout my house and most of my front and back yard. Enough I can stream youtube or netflix in my driveway.

Would there by any reason to get a MESH?
derpin
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
3089 posts
309 upvotes
Neocodex wrote: I have a 3 level house and a few years back I invested in an edgerouter X and a ubiquity long range access point. I get usable wifi throughout my house and most of my front and back yard. Enough I can stream youtube or netflix in my driveway.

Would there by any reason to get a MESH?
Lol no. If you have any issues you should add another ubiquiti AP.
Jan 2, 2017
23 posts
13 upvotes
turtlepower11 wrote: Wow that 3-pack with echo dot looks like a good deal.

Just FYI, I got the Eero Pro + 2 Beacons for $275+tax July 2019 (Amazon Prime Days). Just use Keepa to watch out for any huge price drops.
Yup, I'm planning on waiting for the Amazon prime day deal if I go the eero route. Not sure if it's gonna be in September or October which sucks. Another good deal is the orbi rbk50 for $ 300 from Walmart or rbk23 for $150-250 range if your lucky enough to find them at a store.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
4908 posts
940 upvotes
Montreal
So my router is in the basement and that if I want a faster wifi signal on the 2nd floor, which combo will be the best bang for the buck? This combo will be compatible with my Virgin mobile router right?
Aug 14, 2011
274 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
amazon customer service is so poo sometime.
they wont offer price adjustments for these even though I bought 1+1 beacon a few days ago for $80 more
but sucks for them, I just bought new one and gonna return the old one.. hurray for more garbage in the world

thanks OP
Real Estate Sales Agent