Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Eero Mesh Wifi Systems ($279-$543)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 9:51 pm
Nov 3, 2011
147 posts
26 upvotes
How does this compare to deco m4 currently at $170? I can wait till BF or BD and expecting around $150 (normally, I don't want to invest more than $100 but these things don't come down).

I only need coverage and reliability. Currently, I have Archer C50 which is good for me but coverage is not.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
3-pack cupcakes are $244 right now. I'd recommend it over tplink.
Nov 3, 2011
147 posts
26 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: 3-pack cupcakes are $244 right now. I'd recommend it over tplink.
Thanks. I thought I was posting on other thread and your post made me realize I am on the wrong thread (was looking for tplink comments or a similar question in here). Price is the factor and I have hard time justifying the price difference. I found this comparison and am not sure how objective these are. https://techprojournal.com/tp-link-deco-m4-vs-eero/
Nov 19, 2016
905 posts
621 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: 3-pack cupcakes are $244 right now. I'd recommend it over tplink.
Thanks - you've been quite helpful to all the folks looking into this.

/me is still on the fence between eero pro or eero cupcake..
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
tanerci wrote: Thanks. I thought I was posting on other thread and your post made me realize I am on the wrong thread (was looking for tplink comments or a similar question in here). Price is the factor and I have hard time justifying the price difference. I found this comparison and am not sure how objective these are. https://techprojournal.com/tp-link-deco-m4-vs-eero/
I don't know that techprojournal site but it reads like a bad tplink ad. He gets some details wrong. it does have QoS. It also sounds like he was super budget conscious and didn't like the subscription eero secure plan (i don't like it either). The crazy deviation in speeds 194/36 vs 500/300 sounds almost made up. Wifi performance is a HUGE YMMV so I've always recommend try it out first. the M4's may be perfectly suitable for you. most people grossly overestimate their wifi requirements.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
MisterTeee wrote: Thanks - you've been quite helpful to all the folks looking into this.

/me is still on the fence between eero pro or eero cupcake..
the only difference between the pro and the cupcake is the additional 5ghz radio which only helps when you have multiple 5ghz clients.. If you find you have 2+ 5ghz devices streaming concurrently, the eero pro will essentially "double" your speed over the cupcake. but if you're in a home and it's just you streaming or you rarely ever have more than 1 devices streaming concurrently, then the cupcakes will perform the same.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)