• Last Updated:
  • Oct 30th, 2018 4:37 pm
[OP]
Apr 23, 2007
254 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Amazon.ca] Element Classic Smart LED Bulb [Lightning Deal]

Element Classic Smart LED Bulb 8 for 61.99. You'll need a hub thou. Deal ends in 4 hours.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2010
1391 posts
813 upvotes
ottawa
This is a good deal - FYI the 4 pack is cheaper per bulb.
Nov 12, 2012
738 posts
459 upvotes
Calgary
too bad they're only available in 2700K
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14954 posts
1230 upvotes
Markham
MikeinYYC wrote: too bad they're only available in 2700K
5000k 8 pack available for the same price fyi...
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2017
1909 posts
1656 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
barqers wrote: This is a good deal - FYI the 4 pack is cheaper per bulb.
looks like 4 packs all claimed
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2110 posts
2434 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What's the hour lifespan on these?

I think Philips say theirs are about 25,000 hours
Jan 12, 2006
570 posts
310 upvotes
Woodbridge
Are these ZIGBEE? Note that smarthhings has a limit of 32 ZIGBEE Devices. I bumped into this issue when i was buying the ECOSmart bulbs from homedepot. So i added a 3210-L smart plug which gave me up to 45 zigbee devices.

Pain in the ass to be honest.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35905 posts
22026 upvotes
Center of Universe
minirx7 wrote: Are these ZIGBEE? Note that smarthhings has a limit of 32 ZIGBEE Devices. I bumped into this issue when i was buying the ECOSmart bulbs from homedepot. So i added a 3210-L smart plug which gave me up to 45 zigbee devices.

Pain in the ass to be honest.
It's not an ST limitation, but rather the devices themselves.
Deal Addict
May 26, 2010
1400 posts
894 upvotes
Canada East
Edited 8 daylight for $64.99
Last edited by fonzy35 on Oct 30th, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
. . . .

Be Nice...

. . . .
Jan 12, 2006
570 posts
310 upvotes
Woodbridge
vkizzle wrote: It's not an ST limitation, but rather the devices themselves.
It actually is a ST limitation. They were working on expanding it to 64 devices in a firmware update, but the retracted it due to issues. All you need to do is add smart plugs to expand the network.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35905 posts
22026 upvotes
Center of Universe
minirx7 wrote: It actually is a ST limitation. They were working on expanding it to 64 devices in a firmware update, but the retracted it due to issues. All you need to do is add smart plugs to expand the network.
From what I read, it's the devices themselves are not acting as a "repeater" or only limited to a certain amount.
Jan 12, 2006
570 posts
310 upvotes
Woodbridge
vkizzle wrote: From what I read, it's the devices themselves are not acting as a "repeater" or only limited to a certain amount.
Although some bulbs can act as repeaters i read that they are very flakey with Smartthings. All Smart plugs act as repeaters, with the Lowes Iris version that expands the MOST devices at 13 extra zigbee devices. It was pretty expensive at $50, but i bought close to 40 EcoSmart LED bulbs (wchih should be similar to these bulbs in this threads) to replace potlights and stair lights and with the addition of Zigbee motion and door switches, i capped out at 45. I have a few extra bulbs but i am unable to connect due to hitting the limit.

BTW - Its too bad the ECObulbs are pretty much all gone. They are much better deal than these amazon bulbs. Ones i got were the RGBW bulbs, variable White bulbs, and regular 3000K Potlight bulbs. They work beautifully and integrates perfectly wtih all my google homes! ie. OK Google, set potlights to Soft White!)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35905 posts
22026 upvotes
Center of Universe
minirx7 wrote: Although some bulbs can act as repeaters i read that they are very flakey with Smartthings. All Smart plugs act as repeaters, with the Lowes Iris version that expands the MOST devices at 13 extra zigbee devices. It was pretty expensive at $50, but i bought close to 40 EcoSmart LED bulbs (wchih should be similar to these bulbs in this threads) to replace potlights and stair lights and with the addition of Zigbee motion and door switches, i capped out at 45. I have a few extra bulbs but i am unable to connect due to hitting the limit.

BTW - Its too bad the ECObulbs are pretty much all gone. They are much better deal than these amazon bulbs. Ones i got were the RGBW bulbs, variable White bulbs, and regular 3000K Potlight bulbs. They work beautifully and integrates perfectly wtih all my google homes! ie. OK Google, set potlights to Soft White!)
I also missed out on the Ecobulbs...but good to know about the limitation on these.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4300 posts
411 upvotes
GTA
how do these work? do i just plug them in and connect via phone? what Hub is required for this?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
3005 posts
1752 upvotes
Mississauga
urir10 wrote: how do these work? do i just plug them in and connect via phone? what Hub is required for this?
Any hub which supports Zigbee Home Automation. Samsung Smartthings is one of the popular ones.