Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Epson HC2100 Projector $699.97 & Epson HC1060 $599.97

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 3:46 pm
Feb 6, 2013
42 posts
20 upvotes
Biscayne05 wrote: If I wanted to substitute my tv for a projector, what's a decent amt of $ to spent? Am I looking at upwards of $2,000?

I have a cheap projector (native 720p). It serves the purpose for when Im working out, but Im thinking what the "next level" is.
got my 1080p optoma projector for like 500$ refurbished from consignia.ca 6 years ago. Still going strong. HD131Xe. For the same price nowadays you get more lumen, if you go into 1k territory you get "4k" technology. 2.5 to 5k you get a 4k laser projector. Those sits really close to the wall and project upwards on it, it's impressive, but then if you get one of those it's a small part in your entire home theater gotta have the seats/screen/audio system to match it lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
pygmalion2020 wrote: probably the main difference is having an actual warranty and being able to find replacement parts if something fails when that warranty ends. I own an Epson 2040 and have loved it for the past 4 years. It is bright and works great even for some light gaming. The bulb needed replacing recently and I found one quickly from a reputable retailer. If you want something cheap that will perform ok and go right to the landfill when something goes wrong then go ahead and get a cheap Chinese knockoff. I would recommend spending the extra $$$ and getting an Epson. I have zero regrets and love mine to this day.
That’s actually a selling point for the cheap Chinese projector though. They can keep buying another $100 projector when one dies and it’s still way cheaper than yours.
Oct 27, 2020
125 posts
162 upvotes
k847848 wrote: That’s actually a selling point for the cheap Chinese projector though. They can keep buying another $100 projector when one dies and it’s still way cheaper than yours.
I'm all for saving money but I'm also a buy once cry once type of person. I wouldn't buy a cheap chinese projector for the same reason I wouldn't buy a cheap chinese car.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
Do either of these have WiFi? Can you play Netflix on the phone and play it on the projector?
Dec 2, 2009
683 posts
1008 upvotes
k847848 wrote: That’s actually a selling point for the cheap Chinese projector though. They can keep buying another $100 projector when one dies and it’s still way cheaper than yours.
This is dumb. You're just replacing garbage with more garbage. My bulb will last as long as 3 of those units, and my image quality isn't going to be ass.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3036 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
Same price at Staples.ca. Bought there in case I need to return it.
Amazon flagged me as I returned many items last yearPouting Face
Last edited by MrBigNose on Jul 17th, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
ej25i wrote: This is dumb. You're just replacing garbage with more garbage. My bulb will last as long as 3 of those units, and my image quality isn't going to be ass.
Let's not be bigoted towards Chinese projectors, this isn't 2012 anymore. I run a few Chinese projectors with non-replaceable LED bulbs. The expensive ones cost $260 all-in and look almost as good as the OP projector, maybe 80% to 85% as good. Yes, the Chinese projector is pretty bright as well.

I actually own the OP projector HC1060 as well, we use it offsite, and while it's excellent... it's bulb life is likely shorter than the Chinese LED bulb projector. When the Chinese bulb dies after 10k to 20k hours, I throw out the projector and buy a new one.

You can't automatically dismiss Chinese products in 2021, their production techniques and quality assurance are approaching western standards.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2019
1297 posts
1456 upvotes
Nunavut
ej25i wrote: This is dumb. You're just replacing garbage with more garbage. My bulb will last as long as 3 of those units, and my image quality isn't going to be ass.

Well 3 x $100= $300. You just saved rfders $300 who were on the fence.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: Same price at Staples.ca. Bought there in case I need to return it.
Fair.
Amazon flagged me as I returned many items last yearPouting Face
That must've been a lot of returns on a percentage basis. I buy a lot and return here and there, never a problem. Yes sir, no sir, thank you. Lost product? Refund ho.

They must see dollar sales from my account, because apparently this is not everyone's experience.

This is not a brag, but I have people message me reporting similar experiences as your own.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Mar 16, 2013
130 posts
248 upvotes
I have a Epson 6020ub and I can honestly say that if you have a dedicated home theater (as I do) you don't want a 100 or even 1000 dollar projector, you need a true home theater projector with excellent black levels.

However, in a multi purpose room with imperfect lighting (windows) or lighter wall colours these 1000 dollar range projectors will probably fit the bill just fine if you just want a big image.

I still to this day get giddy going down and watching a movie in my home theater, it was my first big reno. That was 10 years ago. The real home theater experience is like no other, especially for watching stuff like Game of Thrones which you cannot see in theaters
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2010
1353 posts
1220 upvotes
The Great North
My first projector was a cheap Chinese one from Amazon but returned it due to blurry text. I usually watch movies with subtitles on so crisp text is a requirement. After watching some YouTube reviews i decided on a Epson 2040 and I have been happy for the past 6 years, one of the best decisions I have made in my life. I use it daily and is the best money I have ever spent. My brother got a Epson 5040UB after seeing my projector and wanting 4k instead of 1080p. I can't really see a difference between 1080p and 4k sitting 10 feet away but 720p and 1080p is like night and day on a 100" screen. I would recommend getting at least a 1080p projector if it is within your budget to maximize the viewing experience.
In conclusion, if I went back in time I would buy an Epson projector way sooner than I did (plus some Amazon/Apple stock Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes)
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
3036 posts
1638 upvotes
ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: Fair.

That must've been a lot of returns on a percentage basis. I buy a lot and return here and there, never a problem. Yes sir, no sir, thank you. Lost product? Refund ho.

They must see dollar sales from my account, because apparently this is not everyone's experience.

This is not a brag, but I have people message me reporting similar experiences as your own.
I returned some items from the 3rd party (fulfilled by Amazon) last year because their quality were too low. I believe Amazon took these returns into account.

Another reason might be the dollar or profit. I only bought items on sale on Amazon. They might not make much money from meFace With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: I returned some items from the 3rd party (fulfilled by Amazon) last year because their quality were too low. I believe Amazon took these returns into account.

Another reason might be the dollar or profit. I only bought items on sale on Amazon. They might not make much money from meFace With Tears Of Joy
Yes, I can admit that some things I buy are inescapably higher margin for Amazon.

Did I just admit I'm a chump?

Someone remove the redflagdeals from my moniker, just call me 'guy' from now on.

In fairness to you, Amazon customer service was much less hospitable in and around the Christmas season. You may have been caught up in that.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2009
1541 posts
385 upvotes
I got the Epson 2250 it was well worth spending more money for.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR
parkesto wrote: For a regular home user this is pretty overkill price wise. I grabbed one of the chinese projectors for 79.99 on sale and it's been working flawlessly and the picture is crystal clear and I use it to play Mario Kart on my switch frequently with the kids.

https://www.amazon.ca/QKK-Projector-Pro ... 334&sr=8-2

Not on sale right now, but if you don't want to spend a thousand dollars almost on a projector the above is a safe bet.
No offence man, but it’s unfortunate that this is the first reply in this thread. This is a horrible uninformed suggestion. Crystal clear? Come on lol. Not to mention these low end projectors have brightness that is usually under 50 lumens when measured correctly, vs 2000-3000 lumens on a good projector. This would be like suggesting a low end noname $50 tablet as an alternative to an iPad. Not even in the same universe.
Feb 10, 2015
275 posts
499 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ahsalloum wrote: No offence man, but it’s unfortunate that this is the first reply in this thread. This is a horrible uninformed suggestion. Crystal clear? Come on lol. Not to mention these low end projectors have brightness that is usually under 50 lumens when measured correctly, vs 2000-3000 lumens on a good projector. This would be like suggesting a low end noname $50 tablet as an alternative to an iPad. Not even in the same universe.
I mean, I am not sure what to tell you. For someone who uses it for gaming with buddies and watching movies on it with the wife it works perfectly fine and as intended. The image is not blurry in the slightest and casts a fantastic picture in my basement even during the day with the lights off.

Also, remember that not everyone has a thousand dollars to throw around on projectors or tablets and as long as the item functions as intended the majority of people are just fine with it, this is why those items exist.
Mar 7, 2011
687 posts
545 upvotes
Paris
Just wanted to offer some top tips i wish i knew:

1. Research placement of projector vs screen size u will get.
2. Determine if ceiling mount, rear, etc. Here’s for optoma for example: https://www.optoma.com/projectioncalculator/
3. Research ancillaries, mount, screen, seat.
4. Lastly, not sure how to check this really but as an example, i setup 135” screen, i was happy… but playing marvel movies 4k and some other content made the screen slim, lost 10”.. not sure of proper term but it became cinematic with black top and bottom bars..
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
3047 posts
2146 upvotes
snwwww wrote: got my 1080p optoma projector for like 500$ refurbished from consignia.ca 6 years ago. Still going strong. HD131Xe. For the same price nowadays you get more lumen, if you go into 1k territory you get "4k" technology. 2.5 to 5k you get a 4k laser projector. Those sits really close to the wall and project upwards on it, it's impressive, but then if you get one of those it's a small part in your entire home theater gotta have the seats/screen/audio system to match it lol.
Thanks. Im ok with setting a part of the basement for it.

2.5k it is.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
ahsalloum wrote: No offence man, but it’s unfortunate that this is the first reply in this thread. This is a horrible uninformed suggestion. Crystal clear? Come on lol. Not to mention these low end projectors have brightness that is usually under 50 lumens when measured correctly, vs 2000-3000 lumens on a good projector. This would be like suggesting a low end noname $50 tablet as an alternative to an iPad. Not even in the same universe.
The native resolution on that Chinese projector is 480p or 720p depending on the source.

At $80 and given the claimed brightness, he did very well.

According to Keepa, there are regular price drops to between $80 and $100.

ReviewMeta suggests a rating of 4.6 / 5.0, and while even this score may be inflated, it's clear that this projector is well liked for the price.

Source: https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-ca/B07MW16RRX

Here's a picture right from Amazon reviews.

This is for a quick and easy patio game night or movie night. This is throwaway beer money for a watchable experience with friends and kids.

Here's another, again, not terrible.

There are levels to this projector gamesmanship.
Last edited by redflagdealsguy on Jul 17th, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 28, 2015
45 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My 2040 failed and it’s not worth reaping. I missed the 2150 deal from Epson Canada clearance refurb with 2 year warranty for 579. Waiting for that deal again.
I have a 1080p Chinese projector for outdoor use. You cannot compare those to a main stream brand. Try looking in the corners. They’re horrible.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)