Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Essentials by Britax Emblem Convertible Car Seat $279.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2019 9:56 am
Banned
May 31, 2005
298 posts
731 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Essentials by Britax Emblem Convertible Car Seat $279.97

Was in the market for a convertible baby seat for my 1-year old who's outgrown his infant car seat. The price never dropped for me though so I ended up getting something else.

I had the other Britax infant seat and it seemed more easy to use than others. I was watching the Convertible seat with Price Dropper and got an alert today, perhaps someone else can benefit from this. There's 2 left in stock at moment.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
2312 posts
907 upvotes
Montreal
What's the main difference between a 280$ car seat and a 130$ car seat such as this one : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06WWN3TRX

I bought two of the 130$ model for my kids and it works fine. My kids seem comfortable in them.
Banned
May 31, 2005
298 posts
731 upvotes
I think most car seats are safe as they all have to meet some sort of standard.

As with all products of varying brand/models there are differences which some people may or may not prefer. I was eyeing this Britax but ended up with the Grace Extend2Fit since that went on discount before this one did.

The pros for this Britax is probably that it’s lighter in weight, and like I said I owned the infant seat which was very easy to get in and out of the car. I know the extend2fit has features like an extendible footrest and seat buckle pockets which the Harmony you linked to probably doesn’t have, so to answer your question threes are differences between them.
May 21, 2012
334 posts
280 upvotes
Burlington
AMD wrote: What's the main difference between a 280$ car seat and a 130$ car seat such as this one : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06WWN3TRX

I bought two of the 130$ model for my kids and it works fine. My kids seem comfortable in them.
The two seats are for kids at different stages. The Harmony seat that was linked is a forward-facing harnessed seat that converts to a booster seat. The Britax seat in the original post is a rear-facing and forward-facing harnessed seat.
Jun 1, 2002
580 posts
96 upvotes
AMD wrote: What's the main difference between a 280$ car seat and a 130$ car seat such as this one : https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B06WWN3TRX

Huge difference: the $130 Harmony you linked is only front facing (so only good to start when your babe is old enough to front face), while the seat the OP linked rear faces, so in theory can go from newborn to the time your child is old enough to use a booster seat.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2009
5243 posts
3520 upvotes

If you can, rear face as long as possible.

Britax I find really great and easy to install, very handy if you're switching it between cars. Also comfort but that's subjective a bit, Britax everything tends to be machine washable (very important) and materials are quite nice
Feb 26, 2018
221 posts
255 upvotes

Not specific to this seat but we have 3 different models of car seat ranging from the evenflo Sonus for $120 and a Britax that was around the price of OP, and an infant seat that is high end.

On the cheaper seats the tolerance of the buckles is looser so they tend to get folded over or the buckle flips. On the Britax this doesn't happen. On the Britax there's also a padded retainer that keeps the buckle forward so you don't have to go digging under your kid for it, it stays our front. Pulling the tightening strap is markedly easier on the more expensive seat. The design of the buckle on the cheaper evenflo has pinched our daughters legs more than once which made her cry. Never happens in the more expensive seat.
In the infant car seat the strap that connects to to the anchor system has a button quick release designed like a car seatbelt instead of metal hooks which makes moving the seat from car to car a cinch.

None of these are deal breakers, and the expensive Britax loses serious brownie points for not having removeable fabric. I guess it's like buying tools for the shop, you can get the job done with something from princess auto for 1/3 the price but the fit and finish and extra features aren't there. It just does the bare minimum (be safe in the case of car seats). I don't think I would spend the big money on the Britax again, though (hence why we have one, and 3 more budget friendly seats).
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
Look at the Britax Boulevard Clicktight. It's a fantastic seat.
The one best feature is that it's the EASIEST seat to install, period. No yanking, no sweating required, no complicated clips and straps to deal with.
You don't even need to get the Boulevard, just go with the Clicktight system.
It's so easy to install that my wife can do it easily and correctly.
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)