Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Etekcity Bluetooth Body Fat Scale

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2019 4:19 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 3, 2018
98 posts
202 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Etekcity Bluetooth Body Fat Scale

Cheap body fat scale with app for tracking!
11A68500-399E-4A32-8F8E-0A0B8E47FF48.jpeg
Koodo: 11gbs $35 (24 months) (2 lines)
Bell: 500mbps $58 (12 months)
5 replies
Newbie
May 2, 2006
49 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
I have their regular digital scale;it is accurate within pound or two - wonder how accurate this unit is?
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1056 posts
877 upvotes
Edmonton
This specific type of scale isn't reliable nor accurate. Use calipers for a cheaper more accurate method.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5657 posts
7010 upvotes
If you want to get an accurate result for this type of digital scale, you have to use it on a flat floor. Normally use it in a bathroom can give you more accurate result. That's why all this type of scale called the "Bathroom Scale". The reason the bathroom has a flat floor because the ceramic or porcelain tile are installed. If the surface is not flat, then the tile will break. So if anywhere in your house believe to have a flat surface, then you can use it there too.
templer wrote: I have their regular digital scale;it is accurate within pound or two - wonder how accurate this unit is?
AnujS699 wrote: This specific type of scale isn't reliable nor accurate. Use calipers for a cheaper more accurate method.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1056 posts
877 upvotes
Edmonton
lcmt wrote: If you want to get an accurate result for this type of digital scale, you have to use it on a flat floor. Normally use it in a bathroom can give you more accurate result. That's why all this type of scale called the "Bathroom Scale". The reason the bathroom has a flat floor because the ceramic or porcelain tile are installed. If the surface is not flat, then the tile will break. So if anywhere in your house believe to have a flat surface, then you can use it there too.
I meant it's inaccurate for body fat composition readings. Sending electrostatic impulses through your feet isn't an accurate way of measuring body composition.

I had my bodyfat composition measured when I was at Goodlife using one of these things. According to it, I had 40% bodyfat. Which is a little hard to believe when you're 6ft tall and 170lb, and you lift heavy weights 5x/week.

So if you're getting it to measure bodyfat, don't. If you're getting it to measure weight, go for it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 24, 2009
5657 posts
7010 upvotes
OK, I see.
AnujS699 wrote: I meant it's inaccurate for body fat composition readings. Sending electrostatic impulses through your feet isn't an accurate way of measuring body composition.

I had my bodyfat composition measured when I was at Goodlife using one of these things. According to it, I had 40% bodyfat. Which is a little hard to believe when you're 6ft tall and 170lb, and you lift heavy weights 5x/week.

So if you're getting it to measure bodyfat, don't. If you're getting it to measure weight, go for it.

Top