• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2019 9:49 pm
[OP]
Apr 15, 2018
62 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon Canada] Etymotic ER20XS HiFi Earplugs $13.47

These seem to be a decent deal on Etymotic earplugs for those who find the sounds at music festivals, concerts, movie theaters to be too loud.
Protect your hearing folks, once it's gone it doesn't come back.

These are ~$20 USD on Etymotic's website and ~$26 CAD on this other listing on Amazon.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
1800 posts
1285 upvotes
Vancouver
TYVM.

To me concerts sound way better with these.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12121 posts
3098 upvotes
Ottawa
I've been using the older version of these forever. They work pretty well. You do have to insert them deeply for best effect, if you don't insert them deeply, they will sound muffled, but the sound balances out once you have a good seal.

They effectively cut the sound by what feels like about half. This brings them down to a comfortable level. I wish I had these in my younger years because there were too many concerts I went to where I had ringing and had temporary loss after the concert.

This is a pretty good price....I'm pretty sure they cost me more than this when I bought them years ago
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Nov 23, 2017
892 posts
1780 upvotes
I also had a pair of the older ones and have found that you need to really get them in there for them to work, otherwise everything is muffled and sounds horrible.

I’m not a fan of triple flange ear tips, especially when using them on a hot day they get uncomfortable, but it’s definitely a small price to pay for not losing your hearing.

I used to bring these with me to movies before I lost them, because sometimes the volume inside the theatre is way too loud.

Edit: didn’t even see that these come with foam tips now! That’s awesome.
Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Jul 20th, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 8, 2010
172 posts
89 upvotes
Quebec
FYI I just lost 30$ on theses. I usually buy downbeats but tried these for a change. I don’t know why but they hurt the inner ear like crazy. I usually don’t have any problem. If you look at the 1 stars review you will see I’m not the only one, I guess it’s a YMMV thing but I’m pissed I got these.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1410 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
Great earplugs. Anyone that goes to concerts should be getting these to save your hearing.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
1370 posts
375 upvotes
Edmonton
would these help cut wind noise or should I stick to a normal earplug

R U PACKIN HEAT
?
Nov 23, 2014
290 posts
201 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Great for loud kids too!

My daughter is teething and I have an older pair of these that help a lot. I can still hear her very well but i can keep my hearing.
Jun 9, 2019
44 posts
52 upvotes
This has been the price since late May, doesn't seem like a new sale to me.
Jan 1, 2016
115 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Can you use these for sleeping? Or they only good for concerts
[OP]
Apr 15, 2018
62 posts
89 upvotes
Calgary
Oomani wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 11:10 pm
This has been the price since late May, doesn't seem like a new sale to me.
Doesn't have to be new to be a "hot deal", and anyways I've been looking at these on and off for months and figured I would post here since I just noticed them.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1410 posts
227 upvotes
Toronto
SuperOxide wrote:
Jul 20th, 2019 11:19 pm
Can you use these for sleeping? Or they only good for concerts
You shouldn't use these for sleeping.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
3356 posts