Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Etymotic ER2XR In-Ear Monitors/ear buds - $92.51

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 26th, 2022 11:59 pm
Feb 27, 2019
81 posts
117 upvotes
Flonkeys wrote: Bought these a week or two ago and ended up returning because the package looked like it was resealed. Curious if anyone else came across something similar? Debating trying my luck again.
Got mine today, and it looked similar to that. I'd just chalk it up to a sloppy job when it left the factory.
The packaging isn't the greatest on the outside, but insides were all good and nothing was used.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2004
1044 posts
855 upvotes
Just got mine a few hours ago. Box was in perfect shape.

After switching to the larger the 3 flange tip the isolation is no joke, even compared to my wf-xm4s with anc on.

First I tried using my Apple usb-c dac and was unimpressed. Switched to my hidizs and was blown away by the sound for a <$100 iem. Very happy with the purchase so far, thanks OP!
Nov 9, 2021
492 posts
921 upvotes
Is the BTR3K the most affordable Bluetooth DAC for these?
Jun 20, 2018
14 posts
10 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Anyone have a comparison between these and the Shure SE215s?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1711 posts
1834 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
darknebulae wrote: Is the BTR3K the most affordable Bluetooth DAC for these?
I can't speak to these earbuds, but the BTR3K works very well with my Sennheiser HD 25, HD 599 and HD 6xx headphones. One of the Amazon vendors of the BTR3K occasionally puts it on sale for $79 (twice in the past three months). The BTR5 (original, not the 2021 refresh) was very recently on clearance at London Drugs for $59 but stock vanished quite quickly.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1092 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
I'd be so much richer if I could avoid audio threads on RFD. Both er2xr and the btr3k are in my cart. Thanks guys.
Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | Intel i7-4770K | 16GB Kingston HyperX Predator | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080 | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | LG GL83A-B| Schiit Modi 3 + Vali 2 & Senn HD600
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
3364 posts
1638 upvotes
Montreal
Xephy wrote: I'd be so much richer if I could avoid audio threads on RFD. Both er2xr and the btr3k are in my cart. Thanks guys.
Tbh, you’re not spending that much on audio with those two items but getting a good bang for your buck.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2012
1711 posts
1834 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
kenze wrote: Tbh, you’re not spending that much on [SUBJECT] with those [AMOUNT] items but getting a good bang for your buck.
FTFY to help justify every discount discussion on RfD.
Jul 12, 2005
896 posts
279 upvotes
Kelowna
All I can say is WOW. Have the er2se now for a few days. Incredible. I was shocked how bad they sounded with the blue 3 flange tips they come loaded with. I thought I'd made a bad purchase....but....like Mr Snuff said above, as soon as I switched to the larger, white 3 flange tips, holy smokes! They sound amazing. The sound isolation was like getting your ears plugged while swimming. You really need to find the tips that give you that kind of seal to make these blossom. Once you do, bass is full and tight. Mids are incredibly clear. Highs are flawless and not shrill. The separation of each instrument is beautiful. You'll find new appreciation of songs you thought you knew well.

Overall, the level of detail, the soundstage and accuracy of these are very, very impressive. I've got a pair of custom-made bookshelf speakers with ribbon tweeters that were once called the best speakers in the world at any price, and I'm not kidding when I say that these tiny in ear monitors are a revelation in a similar fashion. I can only imagine what a decent headphone amp can do for them. I'm reviewing based on running them using a usb c adapter to my S21 Ultra. But the high end detail, soundstage and accuracy is unmistakably top-shelf. They won't color the sound artificially (especially the non xr or "fun bass" models). What you get is what was intended by the engineers.

PS: You need to feed these relatively deep. I have no issue with the comfort. Some might, though.
[OP]
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
Just noticed the price dropped to $90.58.

If this is like last time, we might see prices down to the mid-80s!
Jul 12, 2005
896 posts
279 upvotes
Kelowna
victor11035 wrote: Deal is dead, price is back to $120...
The best deal now is the one I bought. The er2se. There are 2 Amazon listings for it. One with and one without a 3.5mm to lightning adapter. Oddly enough, the one WITH the adapter is only $104 vs $151 without. I bought the former. Be aware though that it doesn't come with the extra 12 tips shown in one of the pics. It comes with 2 3 flange rubber tips and one set of foam tips. It does indeed ship with the adapter and the case as shown.

https://www.amazon.ca/Etymotic-Research ... JG6N&psc=1

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)