Etymotic Research ER4XR in-Ear Monitors Headphone $222.36

• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 11:53 pm
[OP]
Jul 16, 2009
219 posts
205 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Etymotic Research ER4XR in-Ear Monitors Headphone $222.36

For those who missed the last sale, they're back! These are rated A- by Crinacle. They insert pretty deep, some experience pain the first time, but should get better overtime
10 replies
Feb 12, 2006
556 posts
674 upvotes
Good price for a very good brand. I feel most people are going to want to go Chi-Fi, but if you got $200+ burning a hole in your pocket, this might just do it.
Aug 6, 2019
170 posts
105 upvotes
berta
@toyboof
you own these or ever try this brand?
they seem to go too deep for casual use. like you wont be popping them in and out to talk to people. i think they are for stage and studio. i was going to get the 2xr but then i saw a reviewer wearing them. the cable is almost flush with his face.
too much time during covid
[OP]
Jul 16, 2009
219 posts
205 upvotes
budmerman wrote: @toyboof
you own these or ever try this brand?
they seem to go too deep for casual use. like you wont be popping them in and out to talk to people. i think they are for stage and studio. i was going to get the 2xr but then i saw a reviewer wearing them. the cable is almost flush with his face.
I haven't tried them, but want to
Jan 12, 2008
224 posts
74 upvotes
toronto
etymotic were the first few pairs of IEM headphones I owned for years, before all these cheaper chinese products flooded the market. Unfortunately, every pair I owned eventually broke within a few years of daily use. They were the best natural/neutral sounding IEMs but I simply couldn't justify the cost of replacement by my 3rd pair. I still use their earplugs at concerts though.
Jun 28, 2020
118 posts
88 upvotes
How many BA drivers do they have in them?
All the way from +62
Jun 28, 2020
118 posts
88 upvotes
I already have a 1more quad do you think this sounds better and is worth getting in my situation?
All the way from +62
Sep 9, 2016
31 posts
8 upvotes
Very good price for these, as it cost me over $250 to bring it in from the States during an Adorama sale. Fixed my main complaint about the ER-4S, which was it being a bit too lacking in bass. Very neutral profile, lots of detail, and they're effectively earplugs.

That said, not for everyone. It has a deep fit, about as deep as an actual earplug. and about as easy to put in and take out as one. Also if you like a bass heavy IEM this definitely isn't going to be it.