Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Eufy 2k indoor cam coupon Deal Over

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 3rd, 2020 10:22 pm
Nov 6, 2014
520 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC

[Amazon.ca] Eufy 2k indoor cam coupon Deal Over

3C does not see coupons so shows price since became available as $69.99. Coupon is a worthwhile saving on this product which seem to be a worthy competitor to the Wyze cam V2 which has been subject of many threads here. Wyze has been struggling with person detection and I am trying to replace mine for that reason. No reviews yet on Amazon and strangely not listed on Amazon US although it is sold manufacturer direct there. US price $40.00 so difference amounts to exchange only. Independent reviews, including on Wyze forum and including sample detection video are good. Supports 128gb so card, uses H265 compression, 2K video, onboard AI, person identification (“Pat the neighbour is at front door “) is in beta and working in iOS, and Apple Home ability probably make this worth the $15.00 more than Wyze right now
Last edited by Bluiis48 on Aug 4th, 2020 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Nov 6, 2014
520 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Or, for those who have been using the Wyze “indoor” outdoors the Eufy will work with some personal innovation. Stand can be removed (Reddit teardown) and use outdoor power source ( Christmas light outlet). The outdoor version is great but big price jump for the included 365 day battery.
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Pulled the trigger and will test it out. Really I'm just interested in the RTSP stream, the Wyze cams RTSP is highly unreliable. Too bad

Anyone try these? They look great for outdoors, only thing is no sound... https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07WBVJL4K
Last edited by vodka on Aug 1st, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2506 upvotes
BC
vodka wrote: Pulled the trigger and will test it out. Really I'm just interested in the RTSP stream, the Wyze cams RTSP is highly unreliable. Too bad
Also looks like you just enable it in the Eufy app vs having to flash a different firmware that Wyze have said won't get regular updates.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2008
2043 posts
697 upvotes
Ottawa
Can Eufy remote access? (wAN) from another province.
Local storage of events or continuous?
Can user view local storage using LAN but without WAN? (internet)
Eufy server is in China, I presume.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
3909 posts
2339 upvotes
Ottawa
cf7777 wrote: Can Eufy remote access? (wAN) from another province.
Local storage of events or continuous?
Can user view local storage using LAN but without WAN? (internet)
Eufy server is in China, I presume.
The main appeal of Eufy is that you can record / stream to your own hardware. So you can either pair it with your NVR system, or connect to home via VPN and you should still be able to see the stream (at least that's how it is for me on Reolink - which is another system often compare with Eufy)
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Akitakara wrote: The main appeal of Eufy is that you can record / stream to your own hardware. So you can either pair it with your NVR system, or connect to home via VPN and you should still be able to see the stream (at least that's how it is for me on Reolink - which is another system often compare with Eufy)
That appeal is also because of the size. There are other options for cameras with RTSP/ONVIF support, but not many at this size and form factor. Amcrest cameras would be 1 example and most also have an ethernet port.
Jul 30, 2018
193 posts
45 upvotes
Anyone have this who can give some insight?
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2952 posts
1061 upvotes
Why did this get downvotes?
Nov 6, 2014
520 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
vodka wrote: Why did this get downvotes?
Been wondering the same thing. Got mine up and running yesterday, outdoors at front door. It really is a deal compared to what I have seen for well supported quality product to push notifications of person at the door. None of the couriers or even the pizza guy push the doorbell at this time and I often find my junk newspaper in pieces around the yard rather than under the mat. This replaced a Wyze which was no longer reliable for notifications. Now I get instant notifications with thumbnails plus 2K video, accelerated playback up to 16x and 128Gb SD which gives at least 14 days. And no fees. Bargain IMHO.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
vodka wrote: Why did this get downvotes?
Maybe because there was a $20 coupon recently.
Nov 6, 2014
520 posts
417 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
VertigoM wrote: Maybe because there was a $20 coupon recently.
Off higher original price I believe. From comments I could find it was at net $53.75 vs $55.00 now. $$1.25 makes it not a deal for time machiners?.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2369 posts
569 upvotes
York
I decided to try a few of these out as the Wyze cams are being flaky as of late. Has anybody found a way to automate the eufy security mode? They don't have IFTTT support which is disappointing but was hoping there was a way to change it to away mode through automation.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2009
1900 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
Bluiis48 wrote: Off higher original price I believe. From comments I could find it was at net $53.75 vs $55.00 now. $$1.25 makes it not a deal for time machiners?.
Original price has always been $69.99. I confirmed on CCC.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)