Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Eufy 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $59.99 (after $20 off coupon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2020 11:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 20, 2015
125 posts
89 upvotes
Surrey, BC

[Amazon.ca] Eufy 2K Indoor Cam Pan & Tilt $59.99 (after $20 off coupon)

Think is this a pretty good deal for a pan and tilt indoor cam.
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 16th, 2020 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
20 replies
Member
Oct 27, 2019
324 posts
141 upvotes
tomguy1160 wrote: is it compatible with google hub?
I need to know this as well because some say they are, but the integration is horrible (.e.g Wyze).
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 16, 2019
841 posts
2802 upvotes
west as
tomguy1160 wrote: is it compatible with google hub?
"Smart Integration: Connect your Indoor Cam to Apple HomeKit, the Google Assistant, or Amazon Alexa for complete control over your surveillance. (HomeKit compatibility will be available before mid-July, 2020)"
Member
Oct 4, 2010
312 posts
166 upvotes
Wondering about the TP-link version if its compatible with google hub
Member
Nov 4, 2014
237 posts
162 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I've been really happy with Eufy Doorbell so because of that, I've been considering switching over my Wyze cams to Eufy. I only have 4 Wyze cams with one that is about the die on me (maybe a sign to switch?). It also looks like the entire Eufy camera line have coupons for extra savings. I can already hear my wallet whimpering. Decisions, decisions.
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 20, 2015
125 posts
89 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Spudly204 wrote: I've been really happy with Eufy Doorbell so because of that, I've been considering switching over my Wyze cams to Eufy. I only have 4 Wyze cams with one that is about the die on me (maybe a sign to switch?). It also looks like the entire Eufy camera line have coupons for extra savings. I can already hear my wallet whimpering. Decisions, decisions.
recently got the Eufy 2C. they work pretty well. I got couple Wyze cam mounted outside but i feel like they are about to die too. I kind of want to stick to with eco system so i only have to deal with 1 apps. and so far Eufy has a pretty complete lineup of cameras and price is not bad.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
19162 posts
22050 upvotes
GTA
tomguy1160 wrote: is it compatible with google hub?
Looks like it. Tapo cameras are only compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Home
https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/2739/
To use Tapo cameras with Google Assistant, you need a Google Chromecast, a Google Home Hub and any smart display that supports Chromecast (such as a TV with built-in Chromecast). After successfully connect your Tapo camera to Google Home, you can view the camera on the Chromecast-enabled TV or Google Home Hub.
radeonboy wrote: Does the live view time out after a few minutes? Or can you live view without time restrictions?
Just tested it on the mobile app. After 10 min a popup comes asking you if you'd like to continue watching. Not sure if you're viewing through chromecast hub.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2545 posts
1182 upvotes
saw a post on reddit saying how the camera still tracks you even after you've disabled it in the app. Not sure if this is a bug or just sneaky surveillance going on. Still unnerving to see that the sensor remains running when you'd think it's off.
Member
Nov 4, 2014
237 posts
162 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
zoomcool80 wrote: recently got the Eufy 2C. they work pretty well. I got couple Wyze cam mounted outside but i feel like they are about to die too. I kind of want to stick to with eco system so i only have to deal with 1 apps. and so far Eufy has a pretty complete lineup of cameras and price is not bad.
How long have you had the 2C? Can you comment on the battery life at this point? How do you find the video quality in comparison to the Wyze cams? I know Wyze just released their outdoor cam which will be significantly cheaper but like you, would like to keep everything in the same ecosystem.
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
427 posts
486 upvotes
Price is good. It's tempting but I already have a bunch of Wyze stuff as well that still works and would also rather stick with one ecosystem if possible.
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 20, 2015
125 posts
89 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Spudly204 wrote: How long have you had the 2C? Can you comment on the battery life at this point? How do you find the video quality in comparison to the Wyze cams? I know Wyze just released their outdoor cam which will be significantly cheaper but like you, would like to keep everything in the same ecosystem.
I have 1 camera gets around 20-30 events each day and the battery will last about 60 days. My 2nd camera gets around 2-5 events per day is @ 85% battery life after 45 days. I said the battery life is not bad. I find the video quality is bit better than Wyze cam and the person is a bit better too. Only BIG down side with Eufy 2C is that you need the Eufy server to access video that's stored locally. So if Eufy server is down, you won't have access to local stored video.
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
427 posts
486 upvotes
zoomcool80 wrote: I have 1 camera gets around 20-30 events each day and the battery will last about 60 days. My 2nd camera gets around 2-5 events per day is @ 85% battery life after 45 days. I said the battery life is not bad. I find the video quality is bit better than Wyze cam and the person is a bit better too. Only BIG down side with Eufy 2C is that you need the Eufy server to access video that's stored locally. So if Eufy server is down, you won't have access to local stored video.

How long are the clips from the 2C?
[OP]
Jr. Member
May 20, 2015
125 posts
89 upvotes
Surrey, BC
qpoqpo wrote:
How long are the clips from the 2C?
I have set to max 20sec
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
427 posts
486 upvotes
zoomcool80 wrote: I have set to max 20sec
Battery life seemes reasonable then. Two months between charges is not too bad for a high traffic area.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)