• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2021 10:11 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
5216 posts
875 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Eufy 2k video doorbell camera $173.99

Noticed the eufy 2k video doorbell camera on sale for 173.99.

Got one on black Friday last year and it has been working great. I would say one of the better "no subscription" cameras.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07R3WY95C
Last edited by TomRFD on May 11th, 2021 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
26 replies
May 28, 2005
580 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
I use this and the awesome thing is that the motion/door bell ring is now a trigger in Alexa so it can initiate routines (ie. turn on Kasa light switch).

Ditched Ring/Nest Hello for this. No regrets
Nov 26, 2003
97 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
Mine just stopped connecting to WiFi after 2 months. Waiting for them to send the replacement.
Nov 9, 2012
2 posts
2 upvotes
MONTR
I just bought one, thanks for sharing!
Dec 13, 2018
168 posts
155 upvotes
Anyone have any experience with the 2k? Worth it at this price?
Jan 12, 2009
104 posts
47 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Jscobez wrote: Anyone have any experience with the 2k? Worth it at this price?
I bought mine a couple of weeks ago for $169.99 and have had no issues at all. It was simple to install for someone who isn't very handy. The instructions were great and so far the app works intuitively. This is my first camera doorbell....I would recommend.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1228 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you need to use the doorbell chime? Can I leave it disconnected or not chime at all?

I'd rather have it be the app notification/call to installed on mobile phones to let people know that someone is at the door.

Reason is, we have a dog that goes buck wild at door bells and always wakes up the baby.
May 28, 2005
580 posts
53 upvotes
Markham
Doorbell chime not necessary. You could just stick with using the app for notifications if you want
Penalty Box
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
399 upvotes
How many clips are typically stored on the 4GB emmc before full? I don't like delivery people breathing on my property without a mask and want some tech so I can record and report them. Trying to avoid something that fills up too quickly.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
2977 posts
2122 upvotes
Victoria
dealisdead wrote: I don't like delivery people breathing on my property without a mask and want some tech so I can record and report them.
Can't determine whether you're being serious or sarcastic...
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1565 posts
610 upvotes
dealisdead wrote:
I don't like delivery people breathing on my property without a mask and want some tech so I can record and report them.
cooper83 wrote: Can't determine whether you're being serious or sarcastic...
Pretty obvious it's a joke, who would bother reporting it when the 2K camera resolution itself is more than good enough to directly aim smart home auto turrets?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
May 18, 2006
32 posts
35 upvotes
BERTA
heavengoloo wrote: Any lags with using it with the Echo Show?
Terrible amounts of lag. Find the motion detection to be super lacking as well.
Jun 19, 2008
44 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
Note if you plan on security, its recording local, no firmware hacks or rstp to save externally, someone steals it, evidence is gone, unless you have the special base or cloud subscription.
Jul 3, 2013
38 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
TongC52572 wrote: expired
It hasn't expired yet, you have to click the "apply $30 coupon button" to get to the $173.99.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2818 posts
1179 upvotes
Ottawa
Boboche wrote: Note if you plan on security, its recording local, no firmware hacks or rstp to save externally, someone steals it, evidence is gone, unless you have the special base or cloud subscription.
so it records on the unit which is outside? How easy would it be to steal the unit? Would they have to actually try real hard to rip it out the socket?

I see that it requires existing doorbell wires. ...I have, but my chime hasn't been working since I moved in and I got no clue which part is broken.
Penalty Box
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
399 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: Pretty obvious it's a joke, who would bother reporting it when the 2K camera resolution itself is more than good enough to directly aim smart home auto turrets?
Why is it a joke?

How are we going to get below 1000 cases a day with CT=38 here in Ontario? The 5% of deaths having Covid as the only cause of death is absolutely terrifying to those of us without any co-morbidities.

I'm just trying to do my part to make everyone safer.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1565 posts
610 upvotes
dealisdead wrote: Why is it a joke?

How are we going to get below 1000 cases a day with CT=38 here in Ontario? The 5% of deaths having Covid as the only cause of death is absolutely terrifying to those of us without any co-morbidities.

I'm just trying to do my part to make everyone safer.

That's true, but you got "whooshed", my post is a joke, you figure when someone's talking about Auto aiming - Turrets, people would realize it's a joke. But apparently, there's no amount of absurdity that's enough to make it obvious to everyone that it's a joke.

Anyways, all the high level medical people like epidemiologists I've heard or spoken to wipe down all their groceries.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!