Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Eufy 2K Wireless Video Doorbell w/ Home Base station - $255 (23% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2021 3:38 pm
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
82 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.ca] Eufy 2K Wireless Video Doorbell w/ Home Base station - $255 (23% off)

2K wireless version, includes the required HomeBase Station.

Looks like this can be wired into existing doorbell wiring or used as wireless-only.

Local storage of videos in the separate HomeBase unit, which can also be used to connect other Eufy cameras and sensors, with no monthly fee.

From Amazon:
- 2.5x the Clarity: The built-in Sony 2K sensor and professional-grade lens allow you to view activity in picture-perfect resolution. See visitors in sharp detail as they approach your door.
- No Monthly Fee: Designed to protect your home as well as your wallet, eufy Security products are one-time purchases that combine security with convenience. All your data is stored locally meaning you will never have to pay for cloud storage.
- Dual Power Options: Half a year of coverage from one charge or non-stop power supply via a wired connection.
- Expanded Field of View: The increased 4:3 Aspect Ratio ensures you get a head-to-toe view of anyone who approaches and gives you the perfect viewing angle every time.
- Next-Level Detection: Have total control over what is detected through the use of the motion sensor, smart human detection, and activity zones. Receive real-time alerts when anyone approaches so that you never miss a delivery or keep guests waiting.
Last edited by RockyMtns27 on Jan 26th, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
80 replies
May 26, 2012
324 posts
130 upvotes
Montreal
It was recently $210 on amazon.
Mar 25, 2009
964 posts
472 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this on Boxing Day for $209. Definitely recommended over the other model without the base unit. Took a couple of days to figure out the best settings for motion detection but now it’s great. Battery life isn’t the greatest. Will have to wire it when I get a chance.
[OP]
Aug 30, 2007
82 posts
97 upvotes
Calgary
mcfrugal wrote: Bought this on Boxing Day for $209. Definitely recommended over the other model without the base unit. Took a couple of days to figure out the best settings for motion detection but now it’s great. Battery life isn’t the greatest. Will have to wire it when I get a chance.
Let me know how your wiring goes. I'm planning to wire mine in, as I've got the existing doorbell wiring and I don't trust a battery to last long during these -20 spells here in Calgary.
Jun 2, 2015
43 posts
72 upvotes
Bought for 209 on boxing day. Works well. I have it hardwired. Super simple install and setup
Nov 27, 2003
966 posts
409 upvotes
This is a great piece of tech. If you need one now, might as well grab it at this price.
Dec 15, 2017
601 posts
949 upvotes
Vancouver
It was priced at $209.99 for awhile in December 2020 from Amazon.ca, Walmart, Home Depot and The Source. I got mine from The Source on December 21, 2020 for $199.99 after applying a $10 promo code. I paid with a credit card that was linked to the Ampli cash back app so I got back another $10 for spending minimum $150 at The Source.

If you don't have existing doorbell wires with a suitable transformer then you will need a 16VAC/30VA transformer minimum:

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/heath- ... 1001539404
Jul 18, 2007
542 posts
287 upvotes
Markham
RockyMtns27 wrote: Good catch, found the Boxing Day sale thread under Expired Deals - amazon-ca-eufy-anker-wireless-video-doo ... 9-2433074/

Wish I would've seen the deal back then, seems like a lava hot deal on what's often reviewed as the best video doorbell, especially to those of us averse to monthly fees!
Home Depot from time to time has this for $209. It actually on sale for $209 3 weeks ago and I missed it. Grrrr. Been waiting for it to hit $209 again
Jul 18, 2007
542 posts
287 upvotes
Markham
smannina wrote: Bought for 209 on boxing day. Works well. I have it hardwired. Super simple install and setup
How long you can store the videos?
Jun 2, 2015
43 posts
72 upvotes
wongster wrote: How long you can store the videos?
I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but video clips are stored indefinitely until you run out of space on the HomeBase. That will take a long time. Each clip can be up to 2 minutes in length.
Aug 16, 2020
575 posts
90 upvotes
smannina wrote: Bought for 209 on boxing day. Works well. I have it hardwired. Super simple install and setup
Can i install it myself wired by replacing old style bell button on main door if i never touched electrical wires?
Is it that simple for a electrical noob like me but i am good at understanding technology in general..

Is there a any risk of electric shock in replacing old door bell and put these new smart wifi doorbell..?
Dec 15, 2017
601 posts
949 upvotes
Vancouver
smannina wrote: I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but video clips are stored indefinitely until you run out of space on the HomeBase. That will take a long time. Each clip can be up to 2 minutes in length.
This is only possible if the doorbell is getting constant power (wired to a 16VAC/30VA transformer/ use existing doorbell wires that already has a transformer in the house). Setting the clip length to 120 seconds from the doorbell settings > power manager > customize recording section will just decrease battery life if it is operating in battery mode.

I notice that my clips are only 30 seconds long when motion is triggered even though I had set it to record 120 seconds long. The fix was to turn off "End clip early if motion stops" and my clips are now 2 minutes long. As of today, I have 13 events which are 2 minutes long and each clip only took up [a total of] 2.48GB out of 16GB (14.7GB after format) from the HomeBase 2. I have a lot of activity at the front of my house so I went into doorbell settings > motion detection to set my "activity zone". It will only trigger and record anything that moves within the zone I had selected therefore cars and pedestrians walking by does not trigger it. I have it set to detect human only and not all motions. I set the sensitivity level to 5 (highest setting) so that it can detect someone opening my front gate ahead of time before it starts recording because when I receive a notification then I only get to see the person past the gate and onwards. I don't get to see the part where the person had walked up to my property to open the gate.

So far I am quite happy with the no monthly/yearly subscription and the product just works. My wife keeps praising how we made the right choice to get it when she sees someone drop off a package or picks up something at our front door.
Last edited by QuickFingers on Jan 26th, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 2, 2015
43 posts
72 upvotes
newuserhere wrote: Can i install it myself wired by replacing old style bell button on main door if i never touched electrical wires?
Is it that simple for a electrical noob like me but i am good at understanding technology in general..

Is there a any risk of electric shock in replacing old door bell and put these new smart wifi doorbell..?
You'll just want to shut off the breaker(s) feeding your bell. It might be labelled on the panel or you might need to do trial and error. For me, it was connected to 2 breakers at the same time. You'll know they're off because the bell won't ring anymore. Then you can safely replace without issue. It's very simple. Low voltage too so relatively safe as is.
Aug 16, 2020
575 posts
90 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: This is only possible if the doorbell is getting constant power (wired to a 16VAC/30VA transformer/ use existing doorbell wires that already has a transformer in the house). Setting the clip length to 120 seconds from the doorbell settings > power manager > customize recording section will just decrease battery life if it is operating in battery mode.

I notice that my clips are only 30 seconds long when motion is triggered even though I had set it to record 120 seconds long. The fix was to turn off "End clip early if motion stops" and my clips are now 2 minutes long. As of today, I have 13 events which are 2 minutes long and each clip only took up 2.48GB out of 16GB (14.7GB after format) from the HomeBase 2. I have a lot of activity at the front of my house so I went into doorbell settings > motion detection to set my "activity zone". It will only trigger and record anything that moves within the zone I had selected therefore cars and pedestrians walking by does not trigger it. I have it set to detect human only and not all motions. I set the sensitivity level to 5 (highest setting) so that it can detect someone opening my front gate ahead of time before it starts recording because when I receive a notification then I only get to see the person past the gate and onwards. I don't get to see the part where the person had walked up to my property to open the gate.

So far I am quite happy with the no monthly/yearly subscription and the product just works. My wife keeps praising how we made the right choice to get it when she sees someone drop off a package or picks up something at our front door.
Btw why doorbell is good.. What if we have already security camera covering porch in front and main door..
What additional benefits does a doorbell like this provide in addition to a camera??
Plz suggest
Dec 15, 2017
601 posts
949 upvotes
Vancouver
newuserhere wrote: Btw why doorbell is good.. What if we have already security camera covering porch in front and main door..
What additional benefits does a doorbell like this provide in addition to a camera??
Plz suggest
I also have security cameras around my house for local surveillance however my system is analog with some features like the ability to connect through an app for remote monitoring. It doesn't have motion detection with push notification (to cellphone or app) or line crossing detection like Hikvision systems. So a smart doorbell was a cheaper option for me than spending $900-$1400 to upgrade my existing surveillance system to have four to six IP cameras with a 1TB NVR.

Also all I wanted to do was see who was dropping off a package, picking up stuff I gave away for free or sold, food delivery people or to catch those porch pirates. If your security camera can already do all this then you don't need this doorbell.
Jun 2, 2015
43 posts
72 upvotes
QuickFingers wrote: This is only possible if the doorbell is getting constant power (wired to a 16VAC/30VA transformer/ use existing doorbell wires that already has a transformer in the house). Setting the clip length to 120 seconds from the doorbell settings > power manager > customize recording section will just decrease battery life if it is operating in battery mode.

I notice that my clips are only 30 seconds long when motion is triggered even though I had set it to record 120 seconds long. The fix was to turn off "End clip early if motion stops" and my clips are now 2 minutes long. As of today, I have 13 events which are 2 minutes long and each clip only took up [a total of] 2.48GB out of 16GB (14.7GB after format) from the HomeBase 2. I have a lot of activity at the front of my house so I went into doorbell settings > motion detection to set my "activity zone". It will only trigger and record anything that moves within the zone I had selected therefore cars and pedestrians walking by does not trigger it. I have it set to detect human only and not all motions. I set the sensitivity level to 5 (highest setting) so that it can detect someone opening my front gate ahead of time before it starts recording because when I receive a notification then I only get to see the person past the gate and onwards. I don't get to see the part where the person had walked up to my property to open the gate.

Good tip about changing the setting that ends clips early. I'm finding this is less of a problem when I removed the activity zone. I don't have really any foot traffic in front so it doesn't bother me that much of see the odd person walking by.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
2917 posts
790 upvotes
Vancouver
Is your old door chime connected to 2 door bells front and back?
Jun 2, 2015
43 posts
72 upvotes
yvrwindsor wrote: Is your old door chime connected to 2 door bells front and back?
Nope. Just one bell. I have no idea why it's wired that way.
Jan 16, 2021
4 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks OP. Been eyeing something to replace my ring system at home. Question - will need two doorbell cameras and an outside camera. Will they all be connected to one home base? Also, anybody have reviews on a Eufy outdoor cam? Any recommendations?