• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 4:32 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3664 posts
944 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Eufy (Anker Smart Home Brand) Robovac 30C all time low at $299

Eufy is making a good surge in the marketplace. It's the Smart Home arm of Anker. Anker has had a good reputation of putting out good products and having great customer support. So do our research as these are not the expensive models with floor mapping; it uses a random pattern. If you can live with this and you have been waiting for the Eufy Robovac to go on sale, today is the day. This is the best bang I find, the 30C for $299 (all time low as per triple camel), regular $399 and it is Sold and Shipped by Amazon. Nice bonus.

https://www.amazon.ca/Upgraded-Super-Th ... 10&sr=8-14

The 11S is at $279 =.
THe 30C Max is at $379 (regular $499).

Quick comparison:

11s ($279)
- 1300 Pa suction power
- no WIfi / app support
- remote control

30C ($299)
- 1500Pa suction power
- has WIfi / app support
- remote control

30C Max ($379)
- 2000Pa suction power
- has WIfi / app support
- remote control
44 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1732 posts
306 upvotes
Lévis
Had the 30 (not 30C) for a short period of time. Our very first robot vacuum indeed. The fact that it's random path didn't suit our relatively complex floor. That being said, Eufy makes the best budget robots vacuums IMHO. Large dust bin, climb well, good cleaning score, low height, comes with spare parts (far from being standard), etc.
Pourquoi pas?
Mar 31, 2012
80 posts
12 upvotes
Burlington, ON
Just as information I got this robovac last month from amazon.ca for $279, it had one of those checkbox coupons to lower the price so that is why it might not show on camel

Very good unit for the price
Jun 16, 2017
54 posts
60 upvotes
Markham
While we are on the topic of robot vacuum and since OP mentioned about floor mapping, what's the cheapest robo vacuum with floor mapping? There's so many models I am confused.
Rfd participation history:
Public Mobile 12GB LTE 90 days plan $120 | Adidas Stan Smith $76.99
Orient Ray II Automatic Dive Watch $97.54 | PIA $29.99/year | Rigid 5HP 4 Gal Portable Shop vac $43.98
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3664 posts
944 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Had the 30 (not 30C) for a short period of time. Our very first robot vacuum indeed. The fact that it's random path didn't suit our relatively complex floor. That being said, Eufy makes the best budget robots vacuums IMHO. Large dust bin, climb well, good cleaning score, low height, comes with spare parts (far from being standard), etc.
It will be interesting to see how the random path works out. Reviews between random and mapped vary in success rate. Hoping not complicated rooms will get a good enough vacuum before the battery runs out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3664 posts
944 upvotes
cyzerr wrote: Just as information I got this robovac last month from amazon.ca for $279, it had one of those checkbox coupons to lower the price so that is why it might not show on camel

Very good unit for the price
How are you enjoying it? Do share some details. How big is your area that you use for the Robovac etc...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3664 posts
944 upvotes
bb_00 wrote: Not trying to threadcrap, but this is a better deal. Just got one of these and it works very well.

Ilife A9
How is the A9 on bumping things. Reviews I saw showed that it bumps a little harder than I would like, worried about wear and tear on the furniture and speakers in the long run.
Jul 29, 2013
29 posts
14 upvotes
Calgary
bb_00 wrote: Not trying to threadcrap, but this is a better deal. Just got one of these and it works very well.

Ilife A9
Don't do it! I purchased this and it was DOA, waste of time and money. Thank god it was Amazon with their no hassle returns. Read the 1* reviews and you'll notice they're all very recent.
Mar 17, 2014
512 posts
175 upvotes
Vancouver
any reason to go with roomba for extra costs? im new to robot vacs....need experts advice....looking at roomba 960 but not sure whats beeter on roomba over this. thanks in advance
Feb 1, 2004
814 posts
123 upvotes
Markham
NickL645 wrote: Don't do it! I purchased this and it was DOA, waste of time and money. Thank god it was Amazon with their no hassle returns. Read the 1* reviews and you'll notice they're all very recent.
Perhaps, you might have gotten a defective one. Did you get a replacement to give it a second try? I have 2 of these right now and I'm impressed.

A Vslam vacuum for CAD$250 tax-in is hard to beat.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3664 posts
944 upvotes
In general, consensus is the best robot vacuums are the ones available only in Japan. Higher level Roombas do fairly well but these are the $700+ models. Owners of the Xiaomi vacuums say they work extremely well and their mapping is pretty smart; if you can get one for $300-$450, this is a decent price for their higher level model. For the rest of us who have simpler layouts and don't require mapping, I think the Eufy line is very good. Backed by Anker (proven great customer support), I really like the fact the Eufy has replaceable parts for sale. It sounds more quiet in review videos and they don't seem to bump into walls and furniture as hard as other lower cost brands. There is a great video showing higher end mapping units versus lower cost ones and for a small / less complicated floor plan, they seem to perform about the same. It may take longer for the non-mapping ones as they normally continue running until the battery needs re-charging as they do not know where they have vacuumed already versus the mapped ones. Having said that, you will not get a good mapping unit for anything under $500-$600 unless you get the Xiaomi units. Personally, no Xiaomi for me.
Last edited by bowmah on Aug 4th, 2020 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 1, 2004
814 posts
123 upvotes
Markham
bowmah wrote: How is the A9 on bumping things. Reviews I saw showed that it bumps a little harder than I would like, worried about wear and tear on the furniture and speakers in the long run.
It's not bad. It has 22 sensors which is quite good at detecting things.

Perhaps you can buy the Eufy and Ilife together and do your own back-to-back comparison and see which one you want to keep.

Do note that the A9 is now only $250 tax included.