Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Eufy (Anker Smart Home Brand) Robovac 30C all time low at $299

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 4:32 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2011
1074 posts
1204 upvotes
Calgary
bowmah wrote: What do you use now, do share some feedback.
Currently running all of them.
iLife A4S - gets caught because I forget to pick up my high pile rug / don't have enough magnetic strips to put under it.
Shark RV700 - no concerns with 2 of these units.
Shark IQ with auto-empty base - my favourite because I don't have to empty it, and this is the only mapping one I have.
Roomba 800 something from costco - Double rollers never get hair tangled but the plastic bumper misaligned recently after 3y of use. Was wondering why it wouldn't run anywhere past 10ft around the base, going in circles. Pushed the bumper back in and seems to be good so far.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
jwslam wrote: Currently running all of them.
iLife A4S - gets caught because I forget to pick up my high pile rug / don't have enough magnetic strips to put under it.
Shark RV700 - no concerns with 2 of these units.
Shark IQ with auto-empty base - my favourite because I don't have to empty it, and this is the only mapping one I have.
Roomba 800 something from costco - Double rollers never get hair tangled but the plastic bumper misaligned recently after 3y of use. Was wondering why it wouldn't run anywhere past 10ft around the base, going in circles. Pushed the bumper back in and seems to be good so far.
Awesome info. From hearing friends who have various units, only the decent ones / higher priced ones with mapping are worth the higher dollar. Seems all the mid tier to lower end ones with mapping don't do the mapping well enough. For rooms that are not massive and not as complicated, randomness works simply due to the fact that if you set this thing to vacuum everyday, it will get the job done well enough. Frequency of cleaning does wonders when it comes to dust, hair and crumbs. Glad you are enjoying your unit. Now the million dollar question, which one do you like the best and use the most?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2004
1369 posts
912 upvotes
mississauga, Ontario
bowmah wrote:
How is the A9 on bumping things. Reviews I saw showed that it bumps a little harder than I would like, worried about wear and tear on the furniture and speakers in the long run.
Don't buy the A9 if you have carpet. The mapping will be crazy stupid. I created following post but finally gave 1 star and returned to Amazon.

amazon-ca-dont-buy-eilife-a9-robot-vacu ... #p32633413
Never again! HTC , Wind Mobile , Air China
Jan 19, 2011
73 posts
87 upvotes
I bought the 30C in January of 2019. In April of 2020, the thing stopped working and would error out due to stuck brushes. Of course it was past the 1 year warranty, so support denied me a thing. I took it apart and tried to fix it. Now the bumper is stuck because this thing is not serviceable. Hopefully my extended warranty on my credit card will refund me the ~$400 I spent so that I can buy it on a properly serviceable Roomba, which I had originally balked at due to their price.

On the other hand, the Eufy 11S that I bought my parents and my grandmother are still working, so maybe it is just this model that is junk.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
Anker has excellent support for their cables but what about their higher ticket items? Where would you send a broken robot vacuum to get fixed under their warranty? Do they even have a repair centre in Canada
Jun 26, 2013
985 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
How is this compared to Ecovacs Deebot 710

Price wise, this is same

I ordered for store pickup and waiting for confirmation
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
champ91 wrote: Anker has excellent support for their cables but what about their higher ticket items? Where would you send a broken robot vacuum to get fixed under their warranty? Do they even have a repair centre in Canada
As per Anker support, Amazon protects you in the first 30 days for a full refund for any defected units and Anker provides support during the warranty period. Given the amount of feedback on this unit, all malfunctioning parts were sent by Anker to the user.

Anyone pick one up or use this current unit? The Eufy brand seems like an up and comer. App seems well coded, easy to use and has access to support via instant chat. Nice.
Aug 12, 2011
631 posts
441 upvotes
Toronto
Does Eufy have a mapping model?
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
blueadept wrote: I bought the 30C in January of 2019. In April of 2020, the thing stopped working and would error out due to stuck brushes. Of course it was past the 1 year warranty, so support denied me a thing. I took it apart and tried to fix it. Now the bumper is stuck because this thing is not serviceable. Hopefully my extended warranty on my credit card will refund me the ~$400 I spent so that I can buy it on a properly serviceable Roomba, which I had originally balked at due to their price.

On the other hand, the Eufy 11S that I bought my parents and my grandmother are still working, so maybe it is just this model that is junk.
Did your credit card refund you for the cost of the unit? Not good that Anker could not help in this situation. When you say stuck brushes, do you think if you cleaned the moving parts more often, it would have extended the life of the unit? Thx for sharing.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1084 posts
83 upvotes
Scarborough
If you have kids or lots of small pieces that can get caught by the roller, I dont recommend this model.

I had 2, one and another which Anker replaced (without asking me to return the original one, their cust service is NICE). Both died when a small toy was caught in it after repeated times.

I bought a Xiamoi when it was on sale. The Xiamoi does get caught too but it will just stop itself. The unit hadnt died out yet.
I did buy replacement roller and etc from Amazon to replace but running 2 years+.

The only issue I have with the Xiamoi is that the radar scanner on the top makes it too tall and it will no longer fit under the bed like the Anker did.
If the price is right, just roll the dice.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
wikkid_bigshot wrote: If you have kids or lots of small pieces that can get caught by the roller, I dont recommend this model.

I had 2, one and another which Anker replaced (without asking me to return the original one, their cust service is NICE). Both died when a small toy was caught in it after repeated times.

I bought a Xiamoi when it was on sale. The Xiamoi does get caught too but it will just stop itself. The unit hadnt died out yet.
I did buy replacement roller and etc from Amazon to replace but running 2 years+.

The only issue I have with the Xiamoi is that the radar scanner on the top makes it too tall and it will no longer fit under the bed like the Anker did.
Where did you buy the Xioami? Heard they all went up in price around 12-24 months ago.

I assume the Xiaomi model you have is a mapping one. How does that perform versus this Eufy? What about the cleanliness of both units? Do share.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
I have the ilife v5s pro. Even though it doesn't have mapping, and the carpet cleaning isn't all that great, I still love the machine, considering I got it for $100. I'm looking for another one, was eyeing the roomba 960, heard that one is great on carpets...but the price is kind of steep at $550.
Dec 23, 2015
131 posts
178 upvotes
toronto
sirisak wrote: How is this compared to Ecovacs Deebot 710

Price wise, this is same

I ordered for store pickup and waiting for confirmation
I ended up choosing a the Roomba e6 over the Ecovacs. I really wanted to get the Ecovacs until I started doing some research on the company. Their regular website was recently discontinued - ecovacs dot com. And then they opened up a shell website where most links don't work. Got me worried that if I needed support, that I would probably would never get any.
The whole point of getting a robot vacuum is to save work and worry!
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2008
4239 posts
1966 upvotes
Most mapping robots use a camera now and not LIDAR and these are not big tech companies, so privacy maybe an issue, just don't feel comfortable with a moving camera in my home especially if it's a china no name company. Unlike Anker and Eufy i wouldn't trust ilife.

Had an Ecovac LIDAR robot and it worked great for a few months, support is horrible. Will never buy again.

Roomba and Shark are to expensive and again use camera.

I ended up buying Neato D4 and have had it for a year, brush broke and they sent me a new one at no charge.
Nov 8, 2013
101 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary
I bought the 30c on this deal, thanks. Pretty happy with it so far. great starter robot with wifi/google home connectivity, sleek. Great customer support so I have no worries if it breaks. Smarter than expected. Seems to get everyroom. Has a couple hiccups in running into expresso colored furniture and and shiny stool that infrared has problems with. But can probably sort that out with the magnetic tape provided. Plan to use it for a year or two and sell it and upgrade.
Feb 3, 2011
67 posts
48 upvotes
I moved on from roomba 7 series to eufy 30c 1.5 years ago, super happy. It clearS very well and is very quiet. It’s navigation is dumber but when you are not home you will never know. You will just find yourself a spot clean floor every clean. I have not needed to vacuum manually.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1084 posts
83 upvotes
Scarborough
bowmah wrote: Where did you buy the Xioami? Heard they all went up in price around 12-24 months ago.

I assume the Xiaomi model you have is a mapping one. How does that perform versus this Eufy? What about the cleanliness of both units? Do share.
Got mine from geekbuying. It was during Christmas time so they were doing sale. I paid a little under 300.

It does mapping. I have to download an app, and in the beginning have to flip between the Chinese and Global server to get it to work, the app have upgraded since then.
You can see the map of your room and where the unit have passed through from the app. I barely use it tho. I think it might also integrate with the home assistant but never bothered.

The Xiamoi (haha didnt know I was spelling it wrong all this time) is definitely better unit, due to the mapping, and you can change setting (quiet/normal/turbo) that makes the Xiamoi louder but quicker/stronger.
I will say where the both unit vacuumed, its the same level of cleanliness. I am certain that the Xiamoi will go over every single inch because of the mapping.
If the price is right, just roll the dice.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2019
1188 posts
814 upvotes
Was around $180 during Prime Day.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)