• Jan 16th, 2021 11:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1617 posts
718 upvotes
Center of the univer…

[Amazon.ca] eufy Baby Monitor - $149

Great deal on the Anker Eufy baby monitor if anyone is looking for one. There is currently a clip on $120 coupon available bringing the price to $150. Comes with a 5 inch monitor and generally Eufy camera products are rated pretty high.

Not a bad deal for a new parent.
44 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
13259 posts
3632 upvotes
Scarberia
its not 1080p!
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2504 posts
784 upvotes
desm0nd wrote: Why do you need 1080p?
Sometimes you need to zoom in to check on things like, is my baby breathing (chest moving), is he/she aslepp.
Feb 13, 2004
810 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
So I already have Eufys PTZ camera and also their wireless camera and a tablet. Is there any advantage to having an actual baby monitor?
Dec 13, 2005
81 posts
20 upvotes
Montreal
I have this camera and it’s great especially when travelling to the cottage where there is no wifi. The night vision works well too. All in all a good buy for non wifi camera !
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2504 posts
784 upvotes
Twism wrote: So I already have Eufys PTZ camera and also their wireless camera and a tablet. Is there any advantage to having an actual baby monitor?
Doesn't rely on wifi.
Nov 8, 2011
844 posts
352 upvotes
NEPEAN
Had one of these in my cart just waiting for a deal! Baby due in May but picking things up as they go on sale. Didn't want Wifi and hoping the range is as good as it says.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5667 posts
1432 upvotes
Milton
vodka wrote: Sometimes you need to zoom in to check on things like, is my baby breathing (chest moving), is he/she aslepp.
you wont find this feature at this price point unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1008 posts
852 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! This is a new rfd genre that I’m buying from, one which I previously ignored. Hope to see more baby stuff on rfd! :D
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2504 posts
784 upvotes
spena wrote: you wont find this feature at this price point unfortunately.
I think you're missing the point. The difference between 720P and 1080P is the resolution which gives you better definition when you zoom in on the baby.
This was the question on why do you need 1080p. Pretty much all baby monitors have a zoom function,
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1617 posts
718 upvotes
Center of the univer…
vodka wrote: I think you're missing the point. The difference between 720P and 1080P is the resolution which gives you better definition when you zoom in on the baby.
This was the question on why do you need 1080p. Pretty much all baby monitors have a zoom function,
In all fairness it's a baby monitor, you won't need footage for facial recognition and giving it to the police. It allows for 1.5x to 2x zoom which is more than enough to see body movement to check for breathing etc.

It also has an audio only function and for people wondering the benefit over wifi security cams, the biggest feature that stands out to me is no reliance on wifi. All your video stays within your home and since its a baby monitor is more private you don't have to worry about someone spying on your wifi camera.
Feb 26, 2014
430 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
We have this baby monitor and it's been great so far! The screen froze once and we had to reset it but that's been the only bad experience. The alarm feature is annoying as it continues to go off after you silent it but goes off again if your baby continues to cry, so we ended up turning off that feature.

But it's easy to setup, came with a wideview lens, no wifi needed, and had a note in the box telling you to email them and you receive a camera crib clamp for free. I wouldn't hesitate at this price point.

For the others hesitant because you may not be able to see your baby breathing, we've been able to tell without having to zoom in.
Aug 18, 2017
268 posts
157 upvotes
Searching4dealz wrote: Decided to get the Panasonic one instead. Cheaper and comes with smart sensors 38% off @ $99 on Amazon.

Link to Amazon...

Problem is you are comparing an item where 33 percent gave 2 star or less vs ankers 7 percent. Id take anker over Panasonic anyday for quality and support.
Oct 15, 2005
132 posts
24 upvotes
I think it's much cheaper and more reliable to get a combination of a Eufy 2k security camera and add an audio-only dirt cheap unit (like this: https://www.amazon.ca/Vtech-Communicati ... B00P8VW0WW).

If you hear crying, pull out your phone to look at the camera. If WiFi fails, you still have the DECT audio unit. Fraction of the cost of a dedicated baby monitor.