• Last Updated:
  • Jan 16th, 2021 11:18 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1616 posts
716 upvotes
Center of the univer…
DaVibe wrote: I'd stay away from these off-brand wi-fi baby monitors.
I hate that I have become the spokesperson for this but I was contacted by the Toronto Police because my monitor was broadcasting on the internet.

We switched to old fashion antenna style.

At the very least, try to enable a 2-step verification system, if it allows it. If it doesn't, I wouldn't bother personally.
Not sure if you read the thread or the link for the deal but this is not a wifi camera and your video only stays within your home on the baby monitor provided. And Anker has built a name for themself to some extent, I wouldn't call them an off brand at this point, their products are even sold at Costco.
Apr 24, 2020
10 posts
11 upvotes
NathanT039266 wrote: Problem is you are comparing an item where 33 percent gave 2 star or less vs ankers 7 percent. Id take anker over Panasonic anyday for quality and support.
Yes I went through all the reviews on the Panasonic. Bestbuy had decent reviews/ratings compared to Amazon. Looks like some people had issues with the charging port getting loose and won't charge any more ... willing to give it a try.
Dec 31, 2007
718 posts
427 upvotes
Toronto
Thats a high value coupon, I wonder if the amount is an error?
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
18770 posts
6345 upvotes
Toronto
awais wrote: Not sure if you read the thread or the link for the deal but this is not a wifi camera and your video only stays within your home on the baby monitor provided. And Anker has built a name for themself to some extent, I wouldn't call them an off brand at this point, their products are even sold at Costco.
Perfect. Looks very much like what I was assumed wifi, thanks.

Great price, paid about $250 for a 1080p BTech model
Last edited by DaVibe on Jan 13th, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Dec 15, 2017
582 posts
920 upvotes
Vancouver
consumer be me wrote: Thats a high value coupon, I wonder if the amount is an error?
Don't wonder, just buy and be happy if you think it is too good to be true. The RFD way.
Sep 4, 2019
26 posts
16 upvotes
Thanks Ankais! Was looking for an updated baby monitor.

Cheers!
Jul 20, 2012
105 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered last night and already received this morning, can’t wait to try it! Picked this over the $149.99 - 1080p Vtech since there seems to be more reviews.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2244 posts
1846 upvotes
Vancouver
Makes way more sense to get something like a vtech audio and a cheap wyze or eufy cam, then you can monitor from phones and other devices and the audio is 100000000x better from the vtech set.

oh and its cheaper overall.
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14780 posts
4235 upvotes
Searching4dealz wrote: Yes I went through all the reviews on the Panasonic. Bestbuy had decent reviews/ratings compared to Amazon. Looks like some people had issues with the charging port getting loose and won't charge any more ... willing to give it a try.
We have the Panasonic. After reading the reviews about the charging port, we've kept the cable always plugged in; it's a hassle to carry the whole thing around but it still works fine.

I wish they sold separate monitors though.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
May 28, 2019
20 posts
11 upvotes
Searching4dealz wrote: Decided to get the Panasonic one instead. Cheaper and comes with smart sensors 38% off @ $99 on Amazon.

Link to Amazon...
I actually have the Panasonic one (got it for free with samplesource last year!) and looking to switch monitors. Wonder how the two compare? Panasonic has great video quality but when baby is crying the video sometimes cuts out and the sound gets weird... very creepy when it happens so the Panasonic has to go
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
2310 posts
897 upvotes
Thanks OP. Was waiting for a deal for a baby monitor exactly like this!
Aug 19, 2018
118 posts
17 upvotes
Wondering how this compares against the Motorola Comfort50 Baby or the Arlo Baby.
Both are substantially cheaper locally and in stock.
Thoughts?
Feb 4, 2015
449 posts
1038 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I use this one. Used for 2 kids now. $70 minus coupon of the day.
https://www.amazon.ca/GHB-Security-Real ... B06XFFLFLK

Maybe we are just relaxed parents but don't understand why people need to see the baby nosehairs on the monitor. Is your baby sitting? Moving around? Stuck somewhere? That's all you need to know.

If you are the anxious type that wants to count heartbeats then sure, but then you might as well get the Angelcare breathing mat, Owlet pulse socks and whatever else. Sky is the limit for questionable baby gear if you are a consumerist parent.
Jun 22, 2017
61 posts
12 upvotes
Brampton, ON
I have this monitor and it is worth it! The signal is great, the nightmode is great, and the sound is amazingly clear. It is very simple to use, which is what most tired parents would want.

The screen on this monitor is also the right size. Anything else on the market doesn't even come close.

A+++ highly recommend. At this price its a no brainer.
Jul 3, 2008
42 posts
11 upvotes
Quebec
not saying it's not a good deal, but my honey tab on amazon tells me this used to be sold for 188$ recently.
149$ is a better price, but the current "regular" price of 269.99$ seems inflated.
Apr 28, 2008
26 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
for anyone considering this monitor:
it makes a clicking noise every time the night vision turns on/off.
It only has sound detection, and no motion sensor, so if you're baby is awake and moving around but not making noise, the monitor will not come on. I also feel like the one we got was a lemon, because sometimes even making noise the monitor did not come on. (I contacted eufy to fix this problem, they had great customer service, but in the end I returned it).
It also has a considerable lag time.
when the screen does come on, it stays on for quite some time (this is most notable at night when you are sleeping).
there is no power button on the camera, so it is always on (not really an issue, but just something I noticed).
you may not notice these things if you've never had a previous baby monitor, but I previously had a philips video cam and was looking to upgrade the video quality with zoom/pan/tilt, but after comparison, the philips was still better with the smaller/lower quality monitor, I ended up returning the eufy.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
1620 posts
2841 upvotes
vodka wrote: Sometimes you need to zoom in to check on things like, is my baby breathing (chest moving), is he/she aslepp.
This^
My baby stopped breathing but I couldn't tell because I only had 720p. Boy was I embarrassed in the morning!
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
14780 posts
4235 upvotes
ChristineS6110 wrote: I actually have the Panasonic one (got it for free with samplesource last year!) and looking to switch monitors. Wonder how the two compare? Panasonic has great video quality but when baby is crying the video sometimes cuts out and the sound gets weird... very creepy when it happens so the Panasonic has to go
Ours does this sometime if the baby's cry is very loud and shrill. I guess it "overloads" the mic.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!