• Sep 27th, 2020 3:22 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 19, 2018
10 posts
22 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Eufy BoostIQ RoboVac 30c

I have one myself. I purchased this when it was $ 330 in January. It's good so far. I checked the 3c and it's the lowest price so far.
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2181 posts
1750 upvotes
Vancouver
I have the 50c, these things are fantastic
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
1577 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
I have another Eufy vacuum and I will say their warranty is no hassle. My old robovac died within the warranty, and they wanted a video as proof. Got a brand new one in the mail at no cost. No need to ship the old one back.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2480 posts
1086 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote: How does this compare to the Deebot 710 for $280 on clearance at Walmart?

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ecovacs-de ... 0200253688

Ordered this as my first robo vac and I really like it but the boundary strips Eufy has look helpful.
CR scores the Eufy 30C 84/100, and the Deebot 711 58/100.
The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Usenet
Aug 7, 2011
690 posts
239 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: CR scores the Eufy 30C 84/100, and the Deebot 711 58/100.
Helpful to know, thanks.

Does the 30C return to its charger on its own? Amazon description isn't very clear.

The Deebot returns on its own most of the time and remembers where it started from.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2015
2972 posts
2683 upvotes
Toronto, ON
1theguy1 wrote: Helpful to know, thanks.

Does the 30C return to its charger on its own? Amazon description isn't very clear.

The Deebot returns on its own most of the time and remembers where it started from.
According to the reviews, it does return to base on its own, but can get stuck if it ends up too far from it.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2480 posts
1086 upvotes
CR wrote: This extremely quiet vac (we could barely tell it was on) excelled at cleaning our bare floors and navigating our test areas and was impressive at cleaning our carpets. It seemed to clean in a random pattern even though it claims to use different modes to optimize cleaning. This vac was not as calculated in its movements as some of the other models, but its long run time on our test floors accounts for its excellent debris pickup. We noticed that it scattered debris with its two side brushes but eventually picked it up after passing over it at least a second time. With a very slim profile height of under 3", it was low enough to get under our test furniture with some room to spare. Its two large side brushes were better at picking up debris on our bare floor edges than on our carpeted edges. It picked up most of the pet hair from our carpets after a few passes - it initially dragged it on the carpet. It has a spiral combo bristle/rubber blade brush roll that is easily removed to clean. The large track type wheels with suspension easily climbed over our thresholds and various surfaces. Total run time on our bare floor was 45 minutes and a little over an hour on our carpets before it docked itself. The dust bin was large which is a plus. It avoided our stairs. Features: auto, quick, edge, spot, and manual cleaning cycles. Suction: standard and max. Boost IQ - automatically increases suction power if it detects stronger power is needed. EufyHome App version 2.3.2: allows you to schedule cleaning and is compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. Battery: Li-ion (14.4V, 2600 mAh, 40W) 1500Pa Suction Power. Includes: Two extra side brushes, one extra filter and a cleaning brush for the brush roll, magnetic strips, remote, docking station and wire ties to organize cords. It has a 1 year limited warranty.
Oct 13, 2018
295 posts
334 upvotes
I have the Eufy 11s which I think is awesome. This would be even better
Jul 27, 2009
590 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like there was a previous thread for a Lightning deal in 2019 where the price was at $139 after a $50 coupon. amazon-ca-dead-prime-lightning-deal-euf ... n-2298524/

Might it be better to wait for Black Friday? I’m kind of on the fence here given there’s an hour remaining at the current $249 price lol
Aug 7, 2011
690 posts
239 upvotes
bogolisk wrote: CR scores the Eufy 30C 84/100, and the Deebot 711 58/100.
I've been testing both bots and have to say that the performance of Deebot 711/710 BLOWS AWAY Eufy 30c.

The reason CR report may have scored Deebot so low is due to:
- assessed it based Deebot on original price (which was probably $600+), and not at current clearance price <$300
- the company return/repair policy isn't nearly as good as Eufy. in fact, I'm struggling to find replacement parts for the Deebot

But in terms of actual performance, Deebot 711/710 >>>>> Eufy 30c, because:

1) Deebot 710 has a camera on top which helps it track where it's been / hasn't been (similar technology as iRobot Roomba 960)
2) This means it doesn't go around in random zigzag patterns like Eufy and all the other cheapo robo vacs, missing many spots

I tested both quite thoroughly and Eufy 30C missed many sports while running for much longer. Deebot 710, on the other hand, cleans in an organized "S-pattern" and doesn't miss many spots. It can remember where it started cleaning and return there if the charger isn't in sight.

Things Eufy 30c does better: Has boundary strips to block areas and can be controlled like a remote control car from the remote :)
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2009
2480 posts
1086 upvotes
1theguy1 wrote: I've been testing both bots and have to say that the performance of Deebot 711/710 BLOWS AWAY Eufy 30c.

The reason CR report may have scored Deebot so low is due to:
- assessed it based Deebot on original price (which was probably $600+), and not at current clearance price <$300
- the company return/repair policy isn't nearly as good as Eufy. in fact, I'm struggling to find replacement parts for the Deebot
According to CR, the deebot 711 sux (or doesn't) with carpet. Its performance on bare floor is 5/5. If I'm not mistaken, you don't have carpet.