Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

eufy Outdoor security camera 3 pack

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2020 7:25 pm
Sep 30, 2007
34 posts
26 upvotes
Markham

[Amazon.ca] eufy Outdoor security camera 3 pack

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DLV ... 4XPXI&th=1

This is the for the eufy outdoor security camera 3 pack with homebase. So far 3xcamel says this is the lowest its been.
During the BF sale, it was $599 with a $100 off coupon.
Feature wise its got local cam footage storage so need for a subscription.
Battery life is claimed to be 365 days per charge, but that seems doubtful depending on weather/triggers/remote viewings etc.

Lots of different options out there. This one doesn't seem too bad.
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
Has anyone used the indoor 2k or 2k pan as outdoor camera vs this?

I hear wyze indoor can be used as outdoors.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9334 posts
5630 upvotes
I have both the outdoor 2c and the indoor pan/tilt. The outdoor are meh. Delayed recording start, shitty battery life on any cam that has to activate a moderate amount of times per day. Sometimes it doesn't even trigger. The indoor I've found to be quite good. Good picture, even in low light. The 2 way speaker is decent, and it triggers reliably. It likely works better because it is always plugged in.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Sep 30, 2007
34 posts
26 upvotes
Markham
Toukolou wrote: I have both the outdoor 2c and the indoor pan/tilt. The outdoor are meh. Delayed recording start, shitty battery life on any cam that has to activate a moderate amount of times per day. Sometimes it doesn't even trigger. The indoor I've found to be quite good. Good picture, even in low light. The 2 way speaker is decent, and it triggers reliably. It likely works better because it is always plugged in.
For the outdoor, is there a way to increase sensitivity/response time at the expense of higher battery use?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
jkdc wrote: For the outdoor, is there a way to increase sensitivity/response time at the expense of higher battery use?
Yes. You can adjust sensitivity from 1 to 7. Select human only or all motions. Another selection for optimal battery life, optimal surveillance, custom length recording. Not sure why previous poster has so many issues possible faulty unit? My 3 cameras are working perfectly. Backyard with less motion lasts about 2-2.5 months, front with 99+ / day recordings about 1 month battery life, porch 2 months. Easy to remove from the wall , fully charged in less than 2 hours, great video quality. Can't ask for more. No wires, no power supplies, great app.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9334 posts
5630 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Yes. You can adjust sensitivity from 1 to 7. Select human only or all motions. Another selection for optimal battery life, optimal surveillance, custom length recording. Not sure why previous poster has so many issues possible faulty unit? My 3 cameras are working perfectly. Backyard with less motion lasts about 2-2.5 months, front with 99+ / day recordings about 1 month battery life, porch 2 months. Easy to remove from the wall , fully charged in less than 2 hours, great video quality. Can't ask for more. No wires, no power supplies, great app.
I have 4 cameras, I've experienced all of them not recording my motion on several occasions. Often when motion is captured, it is at the tail end of when the motion actually started, as in the figures are just leaving the frame rather than triggering when they enter the camera field of vision. As for 1 month battery life, that isn't anything to write home about. They advertise 180 days on a charge. While I understand that is under optimal conditions, I wouldn't consider achieving 20% of the claimed life acceptable. In my experience it also takes far longer than 2hrs to charge from zero to full. More like 5-6, minimum.

Yes video quality is pretty good, but the drawbacks are too many for me to offer an endorsement, and I'm actually a big fan of Anker products. These cameras though, need a lot of work, imo.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5427 posts
5283 upvotes
GTA
Yes, 1 month on the front camera is less than advertised, but 180 days is based on up to 20 recordings per day and on optimal battery life setting. I have it on optimal surveillance and area of detection set to maximum. Every passing car on the street is recorded. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes As for delayed /missed start- how is your wifi signal? After installing my Rogers pods extenders (one in bedroom above garage) , it eliminated missed events on the home base. Keep in mind that cameras don't have internal storage. If wifi connection drops - it will simply not record anything.
Oct 31, 2019
66 posts
89 upvotes
Tommy74 wrote: Yes, 1 month on the front camera is less than advertised, but 180 days is based on up to 20 recordings per day and on optimal battery life setting. I have it on optimal surveillance and area of detection set to maximum. Every passing car on the street is recorded. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes As for delayed /missed start- how is your wifi signal? After installing my Rogers pods extenders (one in bedroom above garage) , it eliminated missed events on the home base. Keep in mind that cameras don't have internal storage. If wifi connection drops - it will simply not record anything.
This is kind of off topic, but how much are the wifi extender pods from Rogers? I think I need one.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5924 posts
7346 upvotes
ClaytonT60941 wrote: This is kind of off topic, but how much are the wifi extender pods from Rogers? I think I need one.
Buy a good wifi mesh system instead of renting pods from Rogers. I remember a year ago my ISP wanted $10/month for 3 pods. Not sure what Rogers charges.

I ended up buying a Netgear Orbi for around $300 but if I would do it again I would go with a tri-band Asus mesh or pony up for a Ubiquiti system.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 22, 2013
312 posts
328 upvotes
Does anyone have an idea how the eufy compare to Arlo?

A buddy with Arlo said they were really happy with their setup. There were quite a few eufy deals for Black Friday but I didn’t want to pull the trigger without getting a better feel for pros and cons between the two brands.

Thoughts?
Dec 11, 2003
9 posts
3 upvotes
Surrey
Dynasty12345 wrote: Has anyone used the indoor 2k or 2k pan as outdoor camera vs this?

I hear wyze indoor can be used as outdoors.
I've used Wyze Cam v1 indoor camera as outdoor mounted under an overhang in the Vancouver area without any issues for a few years. Just switched it to Eufy indoor 2k cam and no issues so far after a month. The quality, notifications, software etc. on Eufy are much better than Wyze and worth the extra cost IMO. Not sure it's worth going to these "outdoor" Eufy cameras vs the indoor if your use case permits - i.e. you have place to plug in power and shelter a bit from the elements.
Apr 11, 2009
104 posts
23 upvotes
You have to get the 365 day cameras. All the other ones will keep dying to fast and you will have to charge it too often. Even with the 365 day one expect to charge it at least 3 times per year.

It also depends on how many times it gets triggered.

I found the best setting is to set it to custom record time of 45 sec. and sensitivity of 6 or 7. This picks up everything very good no false notifications.

You may have to play with setting and adjust the location to help improve it. Just my feedback hope that helps.
Dec 16, 2006
657 posts
223 upvotes
Central Ontario
Randalpink73 wrote: Does anyone have an idea how the eufy compare to Arlo?

A buddy with Arlo said they were really happy with their setup. There were quite a few eufy deals for Black Friday but I didn’t want to pull the trigger without getting a better feel for pros and cons between the two brands.

Thoughts?
I wondered the same and found this comparison
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2015
2551 posts
1071 upvotes
Ontario
guri wrote: I've used Wyze Cam v1 indoor camera as outdoor mounted under an overhang in the Vancouver area without any issues for a few years. Just switched it to Eufy indoor 2k cam and no issues so far after a month. The quality, notifications, software etc. on Eufy are much better than Wyze and worth the extra cost IMO. Not sure it's worth going to these "outdoor" Eufy cameras vs the indoor if your use case permits - i.e. you have place to plug in power and shelter a bit from the elements.
Thanks for your experience. I'll have to wait for someone do this but with Ontario winter

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)